British Speedway Forum
SCB

El Averages Weighted To Take Into Account Riding Position

Firstly , I would like to say, I have nothing but respect for Newman and don't blame him for any of the controversy surrounding his draft position He is without doubt the Best of the Draft riders and should be rightly acclaimed so. For the last 2 years now he has stood out and impressed wherever he rode, and was such an important ingredient of Poole's winning teams.

All the fans and riders are aware of this and I'm sure the promoters are as well, so WHY is it then they continue to create issues by persisting with grading riders from the PL form when that has no relevance to the EL at all. Last year from the PL list, Newman was placed 7th, and gave Poole such an advantage, one that proved paramount to their success.

Surely the BSPA can see the obvious conclusions.....

I don't think he is the best of the draft riders, i like him as a rider and as the rules are set up now it is hard to know if he has really improved?Could he cope in the 1/5 i have my doubts, but that's why this rule has to be tweaked so these riders get pushed on will he do so continually riding at reserve.?

Firstly , I would like to say, I have nothing but respect for Newman and don't blame him for any of the controversy surrounding his draft position He is without doubt the Best of the Draft riders and should be rightly acclaimed so. For the last 2 years now he has stood out and impressed wherever he rode, and was such an important ingredient of Poole's winning teams.

All the fans and riders are aware of this and I'm sure the promoters are as well, so WHY is it then they continue to create issues by persisting with grading riders from the PL form when that has no relevance to the EL at all. Last year from the PL list, Newman was placed 7th, and gave Poole such an advantage, one that proved paramount to their success.

Surely the BSPA can see the obvious conclusions.....

Of course they can see it & it's clear that Newman is the best draft rider in the Elite League but his Premier League average is of more use to Poole.

Try and explain that decision on using Premier league averages in the Elite League to anyone who thinks speedway is a joke sport & listen to them put the sport down as result.

• Like 2

Just a thought !!!! Do the Premier League clubs use the BEL averages of riders, who raced in the Elite League, when they are assembling the team for the following year???

Idiotic I know, but It seems to be the norm.... :t::t: :t: :t:

so yet again the draft isnt a proper draft. newmans real average in the elite was over nine so he was the top rider. so why have the title winners got the top pick because that isnt the way a draft is supposed to work is it?.also i thought this was a two year plan to move british youngsters up through the ranks,so how has garrity become the only one to move up yet riders like kyle howarth, a second string for the last two years been allowed to drop down?

List of riders, with their "weighted" average per SCB as a % of their CMA for team building. Have excluded riders such as Pedersen, Stead, Michelsen who roder only a handful of matches. Have assumed also that all reserves (excl Howarth) come in at the higher of 60% of their PL average or 3.00.

As can be seen, there is only one reserve ranked far higher than all the others, showing one side clearly benefiting from the ruling around PL conversion. In fact, that riders side will be the only team in which both reserves have a greater than 100% "value." No need to name the team obviously... Conversely, Belle Vue have been the hardest hit, with S Worrall the "lowest value" of the tier one reserves at 90%.

It also shows what great value some of the most maligned (when people are discussing team building) riders are - PK, Lindgren, Batch, North, Andersen all appearing near the top of the list - and showing also what a farce it would be if those riders are not classed as HL for team building purrposes.

1 Rory Schlein 141% 2 Peter Karlsson 128% 3 Fredrik Lindgren 126% 4 Peter Kildemand 125% 5 Scott Nicholls 124% 6 Kyle Newman 121% 7 Dakota North 118% 8 Andreas Jonsson 118% 9 Ashley Birks 117% 10 Chris Harris 117% 11 Troy Batchelor 116% 12 Grzegorz Walasek 116% 13 Niels K Iversen 115% 14 Maciej Janowski 115% 15 Nick Morris 114% 16 Matej Zagar 113% 17 Hans Andersen 113% 18 Edward Kennett 112% 19 Jason Doyle 112% 20 Lewis Kerr 112% 21 Chris Holder 111% 22 Tobiasz Musielak 110% 23 Mikkel B Jensen 110% 24 Kenneth Bjerre 110% 25 Piotr Swiderski 108% 26 James Sarjeant 105% 27 Craig Cook 105% 28 Adam Ellis 103% 29 Lewis Blackbird 102% 30 Richard Lawson 102% 31 Joonas Kylmakorpi 102% 32 Charles Wright 101% 33 Ricky Wells 100% 34 Jason Garrity 99% 35 Danny King 98% 36 Josh Auty 97% 37 Stefan Nielsen 96% 38 Robert Lambert 95% 39 Josh Grajczonek 95% 40 Davey Watt 94% 41 Kyle Howarth 94% 42 Kacper Gomolski 93% 43 Kim Nilsson 93% 44 Szymon Wozniak 91% 45 Vaclav Milik 91% 46 Steve Worrall 90% 47 Stuart Robson 90% 48 Nicklas Porsing 89% 49 Max Fricke 88% 50 Grzegorz Zengota 88% 51 Paul Starke 84% 52 Jacob Thorssell 84% 53 Josh Bates 77% 54 Lewis Rose 69% 55 Ashley Morris 68% 56 Simon Lambert 67% 57 Eduard Krcmar 43%
  • Like 1

Looking at that list, the worst value tam you could put together while getting close to the 40.5 point limit would look something like this:

Zengota 7.79

Fricke 6.16

Watt 7.19

Thorsell 6.18

Nilsson 6.98

S Lambert 3.11

Morris 3.00

though tbf, Fricke may prove to be decent value, as he clearly has a fair amount of improvement in him. I'd also say that list has no HL or tier one riders.

To include 3 HL (assuming this is based on meetings ridden as HL in 2015), and one 1st tier, the "worst value" team would look something like: (and I've assumed HL for riding order is based on average, not inclusion on HL list)

Zengota

Thorssel

Kylmakorpi

Wells

Bjerre

S Worrall

Rose

With Wells, Bjerre and Joonas the HL. Comes in at 40.40. worrying sign for Wolves fans !?!