British Speedway Forum

Underwelmed with this. No disrespect to Bjarne who has been a fantastic professional over the years but he appears to be on a very quick downward spiral.

Here's hoping he can arrest the slide a bit and recapture some of his old form.

Lakeside fans need to hope it's the latter.

Think the league as a whole is underwhelmed with the signing!

I think he will be fine. He did well at Eastbourne and at Birmingham he wasn't happy, possibly the same at Leicester?

Lakeside fans need to hope it's the latter.

Think the league as a whole is underwhelmed with the signing!

The league as a whole is underwhelming full stop.
  • Like 7

The league as a whole is underwhelming full stop.

Absolutely!

I just think it's a tad suspect (let me be more honest - utter bullish!t) when I hear comments such as "Bjarne really wanted to come to Lakeside over anyone else" - Jon Cook's words, not mine.

Why's that then? Because we are one of the few teams that he hasn't ridden for/let down?

In an ultra- weak charade of an Elite League Circus in 2016, he will probably do alright at home. But it's away where we are the constant 'sacrificial lamb' - and the inclusion of BP is hardly going to change that accolade, is it?

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

It's interesting - most fans are underwhelmed except Poole fans who seem to think he is a great signing :rolleyes:

• Like 3

It's interesting - most fans are underwhelmed except Poole fans who seem to think he is a great signing :rolleyes:

It is all about loan fees! Seriously though he held in high esteem at Poole,one of the best gaters i have ever seen.

A bit strange only Kerr and Bjarne listed as being in the lakeside team on the BSPA site and now only Bjarne and Kerr mentioned on the Lakeside site.

Umm not one of the first riders I would have in my team esp if he shows the same commitment as he did for Leicester

Umm not one of the first riders I would have in my team esp if he shows the same commitment as he did for Leicester

Or Birmingham prior to that.

I think Thats a perfect marriage. Bjarne is a trapper, so should be a perfect fit around a technical track like Lakeside. can see him doing a decent job there. Not so sure he will pull up any gtrees away, but making ya home track a Fortress as to be the first thing on the menu.

Leicester is a trappers paradise and a bit of a technical track but bjarne's marriage soon ended in divorce there.

• Like 1

Leicester is a trappers paradise and a bit of a technical track but bjarne's marriage soon ended in divorce there.

As he has said that he is happy to join a great set up at Lakeside perhaps he found Leicester not that great a set up.

As he has said that he is happy to join a great set up at Lakeside perhaps he found Leicester not that great a set up.

if his wish is to join a great setup how come he is going to lakeside?