British Speedway Forum

Replaced by Neil Vulture clearly.

Formerly rode for Hackney Hawks and Eastbourne Eagles I believe.

• Like 3

This is good news for Lakeside 2016 ! Kelvin has a shed load of experience, is very professional and a complete gent. He has got to be as good as an eighth rider in the pits. :t:

Kelvin has got to be as good as an eighth rider in the pits. :t:

How wonderful.

I'd rather we had signed a decent 7th one first.

• Like 1

Interesting development in Cookie's backroom re-organisation. I have noticed Kelvin has been a regular in the pits last season especially in AJ's pit and the two seem to get on very well so this role seems to have developed from that. Lakeside seem to be the first EL club for many years that has an ex-rider of Kelvins standing in a coaching role. whether it is a tremendous success or not remains to be seen, but it certainly wont do any harm . I Kelvin can help some of the second strings get more consistency away from home it will be a job well done.

Interesting development in Cookie's backroom re-organisation. I have noticed Kelvin has been a regular in the pits last season especially in AJ's pit and the two seem to get on very well so this role seems to have developed from that. Lakeside seem to be the first EL club for many years that has an ex-rider of Kelvins standing in a coaching role. whether it is a tremendous success or not remains to be seen, but it certainly wont do any harm . I Kelvin can help some of the second strings get more consistency away from home it will be a job well done.

Gary Havelock has been in the Coventry pits for a couple of seasons now.

Isn't he just TM though, or does he have a separate coaching role ? It seems that Kelvins role is with the youngsters on the training school right through to first team.

Isn't he just TM though, or does he have a separate coaching role ? It seems that Kelvins role is with the youngsters on the training school right through to first team.

He also helps them with advice on set ups and racing.

How wonderful.

I'd rather we had signed a decent 7th one first.

Some people are never happy and want jam on it !!! :lol:

Adam Roynon has a coaching/mentor role with the Storm although that is just team based.

I got the impression Havvys job was more on the coaching side while Laurence Rogers helped him with the team managing. It's not like as team manager he has to do that much is it? I'd say it's only filling a program in these days but that wouldn't be in the best of taste as Havvy can't do that these days. So what does someone have to do as a team manager? Pick the riders for heat 15 and the off reserve change - leaves Havvy plenty of time to coach the youngsters. He even goes to their PL meetings with them to help out too.