British Speedway Forum

How on earth did Swiderski's average get so low?! I don't remember him doing that badly at any point in his EL career. If Pedersen rides to anything like he did before last season Lakeside could be a dark horse this year.

Swiderski was arguably one of the worst riders Ive seen in Lions colours and that includes the 'cubs' that used to have friendlies against MDL opposition! Think he pulled onto the centre green more often than finishing his races, was with us about half the season and cant have won more than 5 heats. Started as second heat leader, ended up being carried as 5th member of the top 5, often getting beaten by whatever weak reserve pairing we had out that week.

That being said, I dont think he ever really wanted to ride for Leicester and I think there'll be a lot more effort with a Hammers crest on his chest

Swiderski was arguably one of the worst riders Ive seen in Lions colours and that includes the 'cubs' that used to have friendlies against MDL opposition! Think he pulled onto the centre green more often than finishing his races, was with us about half the season and cant have won more than 5 heats. Started as second heat leader, ended up being carried as 5th member of the top 5, often getting beaten by whatever weak reserve pairing we had out that week.

That being said, I dont think he ever really wanted to ride for Leicester and I think there'll be a lot more effort with a Hammers crest on his chest

That's harsh with so many to choose from :wink:

• Like 3

That's harsh with so many to choose from :wink:

Exactly, highlights just how bad he was!

Sounds like he was very successful

With all due respect, and based upon the raft of riders that have signed (and subsequently left) Leicester Speedway since their appointment to the Elite League, there are clearly some fundamental problems with the promotion/behind the scenes management, of that particular club.

Swidders is a really decent bloke that, whilst admittedly past his best, always tries hard. I've chatted to him many, many times when I was a Machine Examiner at Lakeside. He's a quiet, unassuming man devoted to his family BUT also committed to British Speedway. I don't think many Poles over the past few years have demonstrated his reliability or passion to ride here.

It will be interesting to see whether he can still deliver for Lakeside - time will tell. But I for one welcome him back with open arms. He's an absolute gentleman.

• Like 4

Can't say Iam impressed with Swiderski, poor signing. Hope he's just a replacement for the odd meeting Kennett and Lawson are not available.

Can't say Iam impressed with Swiderski, poor signing. Hope he's just a replacement for the odd meeting Kennett and Lawson are not available.

He's still the best number eight signed in the Elite league so far. :D

• Like 4

Details of the club's opening meeting on March 18 with two interesting inclusions in the line up plus a pre-season Fans Forum now on their official website.

Edited by Bryn

Details of the club's opening meeting on March 18 with two interesting inclusions in the line up plus a pre-season Fans Forum now on their official website.

....and reduced admission including under 16's free

Is the EL having a squad system this year? I haven't seen anything official - perhaps someone could post a link for me. Thanks in advance.

....and reduced admission including under 16's free

Removed comment as I didnt read the post properly. Sorry! Edited by woz01

Is the EL having a squad system this year? I haven't seen anything official - perhaps someone could post a link for me. Thanks in advance.

No formal announcement. I think some people are getting ahead of themselves with the word squad. It may well be something similar to the sharing of one berth by two d/u riders that we had a few years ago. Not the sort of squad system we see in Poland.

Interesting though, that Dennis Jonsson is being given a try out. Will we eventually see a second Jonsson in the side?

I haven't seen anything offer than gossip about squads coming in this year.

It's meant to happening in 2017 however, confirmed.

Thanks to you both for the update on squads. I thought I must have skipped a whole Speedway Star!

If Lakeside are leading the way, I say good if it means fewer guests and R/R.

• Like 3

Today's Speedway Star, referring to Swiders as Lakeside's number 5 tends to back up E I Addio's hypothesis that we are only looking at job sharing for double uppers so Liam may be disappointed.

Can we please please please have a straight forward statement from the BSPA outlining this change

Is it really too much to ask?

• Like 2