British Speedway Forum

This weeks Speedway Star is reporting Colin Pratt as saying that U21 final has been taken away from Swindon and will be held elsewhere in the U.K. as new stadium not now expected to be ready until the end of July.

Which year?
  • Like 7

...and so the ongoing saga goes on!

new stadium not now expected to be ready until the end of July.

Which year?

Sounds like we have more bull rubbish unless lego are seen to supply the blocks in the next week or two, even then it would not be July 2017.

• Like 1

Have been told the Stadium car park is being signed off to Conlon Groundworks two weeks as of the end of last week...whether that means for Stadium or something else who knows?!

Which year?

Beat me to it.,. :rofl:

• Like 1

Is this going to be the fastest built stadium in history,Pratt says he hopes to be racing in it in late July.

Is this going to be the fastest built stadium in history,Pratt says he hopes to be racing in it in late July.

Lego bricks fit together quickly.

Have been told the Stadium car park is being signed off to Conlon Groundworks two weeks as of the end of last week...whether that means for Stadium or something else who knows?!

If that is the case that could be good news but where are the fans going to park for the meetings.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

Lego bricks fit together quickly.

If that is the case that could be good news but where are the fans going to park for the meetings.

and where are they going to stand ?? The first bend is planned to be where the big mound of dirt is and the back gardens are about 100 yard behind it and got to squeeze in greyhound track too and the 3rd/4th are going to be car park , the back straight is where the wall is so that leaves the home straight and with any stand there will leave hardly any room for terraces , basically everthing has got to fit into the current carpark with the one bend going over where the big mound is , going to have to be a very condensed stadium , going to be s real test for Briggs's dirt deflectors , stopping flying shale from shot blasting residents windows, I really hope this stadium is going to happen but the extensive house building going on doesn't instal hope, I understand they say the stand is built elsewhere but who exactly is laying the track ???? Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

This is exactly the sort of issue that the Speedway Star needs to do some real journalism on. It's time Clark Osbourne was held to account for when the new stadium will be operational.

This weeks Speedway Star is reporting Colin Pratt as saying that U21 final has been taken away from Swindon and will be held elsewhere in the U.K. as new stadium not now expected to be ready until the end of July.

And to think I argued with my dad when he told me it was pointless booking a hotel. Glad he persuaded me to wait.

Think I am right that only Lynn NSS and Berwick have current FIM licences so it's unlikely to be something we do ton the way back to kent from Cardiff now. With the young talent we have I was looking forward to seeing a world u21 as well.

If that's the case then that's great news. If nothing else when work starts it will be obvious very quickly as to whether we will ever see a new facility on the site.

This is exactly the sort of issue that the Speedway Star needs to do some real journalism on. It's time Clark Osbourne was held to account for when the new stadium will be operational.

Good point ..thou you would have thought the first port of call would have been the local paper to hold them to account ..thus far nothing .

This weeks Speedway Star is reporting Colin Pratt as saying that ... new stadium not now expected to be ready until the end of July.

A complete stadium can be built in 4 months? I look forward to seeing progress reports and photo updates in the coming weeks.

Edited by uk martin

Drains n services then get the track right, everything else sectional 😊

How do you expect to hold Osborne to account? He has no obligation to build a new stadium. What punitive actions can anyone take against him?

• Like 1

How do you expect to hold Osborne to account? He has no obligation to build a new stadium. What punitive actions can anyone take against him?

He was the landlord at Cowley way back in the seventies and sold the Oxford faithful down the river...until the 'Save Our Stadium' committee got involved and saved the speedway and greyhounds for future generations to enjoy. Unfortunately 'deja vu' now exists at Cowley in the continual fight to save the complex.