British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

Just booked my hotel for the Friday and Saturday night, please BSI, Belle Vue Speedway, or whoever decides these things, be sensible with ticket prices, you will get a full stadium so no need to screw the good paying public.

• Like 1

Just booked my hotel for the Friday and Saturday night, please BSI, Belle Vue Speedway, or whoever decides these things, be sensible with ticket prices, you will get a full stadium so no need to screw the good paying public.

If they get a full stadium then they have been sensible with prices

• Like 1

Also, check out park and ride options. It may work out cheaper to book accommodation further away then drive/bus in. Someone who lives in the area may be able to help with this.

It's a good point you make Tocha, there are plenty of options. Tons of places to stay in and around Manchester.

I'd like to think that special buses from the city centre (probably Piccadilly Gardens) to the stadium would be laid on, especially for the SWC final.

Anyone needing any help, whether now or nearer the time, you're welcome to message me on here or DM me via Twitter. Plenty of other Aces fans on here, I'm sure they'd help as well.

Also, check out park and ride options. It may work out cheaper to book accommodation further away then drive/bus in. Someone who lives in the area may be able to help with this.

Stockport is less than a tenner in a taxi away....

Maybe just far enough too to not notice the event so much and hike the prices....

A couple of premier inns and a good number of privately ran establishments...

Didsbury, Withington and Parrs Wood too also have a fair few fair sized privates, (oo er missus!) Travelodge, and B+B's....

Again, all within 15 mins drive...

Edited by mikebv

Anyone coming from out of the area is in for a treat really. the city centre is full of top class hotels, bars, theatres and restaurants. 15,000 is not a massively significant number to adversly affect hotel costs I don't think. Hyde Road and Stockport Road are both well served by bus routes out of town and are a similar distance from the stadium, 300 or 400 yards only. Media city is on the tram route into town and is also a nice place to stay. Then you have any amount of travel inn type places in lots of districts of manchester that are 10 or 15 mins taxi ride away but

surely the brits can meet up there for good solid practice sessions..hopefully the organisers on opening night invite the 5 English boys to that meeting as well...by the way, is rosco still manager after the bspa?

It's our national stadium, of course practices and testing will go on there. Hope BV are charging BSI plenty for the privilege of it's use!!

Stockport is less than a tenner in a taxi away....

Agreed. Everyone go to Stockport, leave the hotels in Mancehster for me :D

If I'm going to Manchester for the speedway and I'm staying 150 miles from home in hotel and have a choice of Stockport or Manchester then it's Manchester only for me, pretty much regardless of price. Also, I don't be staying opposite the speedway but the centre of Manceshter so it less to stumble when I'm drunk :D

See you all there!

Agreed. Everyone go to Stockport, leave the hotels in Mancehster for me :D

If I'm going to Manchester for the speedway and I'm staying 150 miles from home in hotel and have a choice of Stockport or Manchester then it's Manchester only for me, pretty much regardless of price. Also, I don't be staying opposite the speedway but the centre of Manceshter so it less to stumble when I'm drunk :D

See you all there!

If it is simply a bed for the night, or two, then any of the outlying areas are fine, in fact many districts can offer a nice evening out. But if you really want to make a weekend of it get yourself into the city centre, you wont be disappointed. I am beginning to sound like the tourist board now!!!

As speedway is on both Friday & Saturday night, I figured there really isn't time for a proper night out like Cardiff so have decided to stay local and we will go into the city Saturday day.

As speedway is on both Friday & Saturday night, I figured there really isn't time for a proper night out like Cardiff so have decided to stay local and we will go into the city Saturday day.

Its a good plan, it will be cracking weekend whatever

Make time. I am sure I will find time to squeeze in a couple while there.

Oh there will be time, speedway be over about half 9 both nights? Head straight into town and straight on it lol

• Like 1

The National speedway stadium in Manchester is to hold the 2016 SWC Semi's and Final next season.

So Team GB make the final.

I think it is brilliant news and fantastic for Belle Vue, and great that Team GB will be in the final. However, I have to be consistent and say the same thing I have said each of the last two years that the home nation should NOT be seeded to the final.

It means it is no longer a sporting spectacle if a nation is seeded without qualifying.

• Like 3

I think it is brilliant news and fantastic for Belle Vue, and great that Team GB will be in the final. However, I have to be consistent and say the same thing I have said each of the last two years that the home nation should NOT be seeded to the final.

It means it is no longer a sporting spectacle if a nation is seeded without qualifying.

Spoken as someone who didn't witness the White City staged WTC finals of 1976, 1979 and 1982. Played out in front of a dismal crowd because England failed to qualify

I have to agree totally on this one,hardly feels like a "competition" when theres just one meeting