British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

He might be in Sweden to watch his Aussie mates tomorrow !

Lets hope the ' Tai Woffinden is a saint ' posse don't tear themselves away from abusing Robert72 on the other Tai Woffinden thread to read this. They will come down on you unanimously like a ton of bricks

Guest GiveusaB

Not sure what practicising will achieve 5/6 days before an event? (due to track change/weather etc ) (apart from a bit of team bonding) but as it's more or less an individual event i.e only 1 rider out at a time, I dont think it would achieve much and it certainly wont improve our chances of actually winning !?

It's just another chance for the 'woffinden' knockers to have a dig, although they cant go too hard on him, because of Lamberts holiday? which I think is probably far better than a meaningless practice as he should return with batteries fully charged!?

Maybe a lot of people had no choice but to purchase tickets for both days with no intention of attending the Friday night.

More a case of you could buy just Saturday evening, or buy Fri/Sat together (at a bargain price - just £5 extra for Fri where I am sat) but you couldnt just buy Friday evening ticket.

Many people would just buy Sat evening meaning tickets left over for Friday.

Obviously they were trying to tempt people to go Fri and Sat, both nights are televised so in best interests of speedway to have a good crowd there Friday.

Be interesting to know what they are charging for Friday evening sitting in East stand (the temporary stand. I reckon it will be a bit more then the £5 I paid (joint buy with Sat eveningl) but it still will be a bargain to see what will be a very good "final chance" meeting.

Edited by OveFundinFan

More a case of you could buy just Saturday evening, or buy Fri/Sat together (at a bargain price - just £5 extra for Fri where I am sat) but you couldnt just buy Friday evening ticket.

Obviously they were trying to tempt people to go Fri and Sat, both nights are televised so in best interests of speedway to have a good crowd there Friday.

Be interesting to know what they are charging for Friday evening sitting in East stand (the temporary stand. I reckon it will be a bit more then the £5 I paid (joint buy with Sat eveningl) but it still will be a bargain to see what will be a very good "final chance" meeting.

Friday tickets are now the same price as Saturday tickets by the look of it.

Guest GiveusaB

Really surprised to see that Tai is biting to recent comments about him on his twitter account?

I'm sure we'll all be jumping up and down when he's out in front on Saturday night !!! :t:

Not sure what practicising will achieve 5/6 days before an event? (due to track change/weather etc ) (apart from a bit of team bonding) but as it's more or less an individual event i.e only 1 rider out at a time, I dont think it would achieve much and it certainly wont improve our chances of actually winning !?

It's just another chance for the 'woffinden' knockers to have a dig, although they cant go too hard on him, because of Lamberts holiday? which I think is probably far better than a meaningless practice as he should return with batteries fully charged!?

The track shape doesn't change, does it?

The Belle Vue riders have ridden in it and still lack home advantage. So spending a day practicing will certainly help learn some of the racing lines, where to use banking, where to cut back, how to enter a corner to gain the maximum drive leaving it, where to position hourself entering the corner to leave at maximum speed up the inside etc.

Woffinden has placed a new a tattoo above practice and helping the lesser riders in the team. Couldn't this have been done on the 1st November?

And Lambert frankly should be shown the door ala Nicki.

• Like 1

Looks ok to me.

"Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Thursday is looking cloudy and wet with rain turning heavy at times. On Friday and Saturday it will become generally drier and brighter although, there could be occasional showers."

That's not good

Agreed it's nothing very very concerning.

It's not awful but it's still not good.

And Lambert frankly should be shown the door ala Nicki.

Difference between Nicki and Lambert as I see it is that Nicki said he wouldnt be available for (at least) Round 1, thats last Saturdays match. It wasnt practice he was missing, it was actually a qualifier.

What we dont seem to know re Lambert, is when was the practice day arranged? If it was after he had arranged his holidays then its a tough call to say he should be out of the team.

Also, maybe Robert thought he wouldnt be picked fore the team. After all, more then a few on this forum wasnt picking him for the team. And even if he was sure of getting reserve spot he unlikely to get a ride, so his experience of BV track in British final would be suffice till he got to official practice on the day.

When purchasing the tickets you could choose Final only or Weekend package.

The weekend package was a great deal for TWO world class meetings on consecutive days.

Most supporters have snapped the weekend package up .

I hope they maintain the low price for anyone who decides to go to the RACE OFF only since they cannot obtain tickets for the Final.....

I do believe some standing tickets have been released for the Final

Guest GiveusaB

Who really gives a shinny s###e about who practices or not???

As long as all the riders give maximum effort on the day!

Woffinden's that good he'll be able to pick all the racing lines by watching Fridays race off!

The proof will be in the scorechart 10pm Saturday night!

As for Lambert? he's a great prospect, but practice or not, he wont get near the top guys!

Besides, they'll be practicising on the day, when track conditions will be very different to yesterday!

Thursday is looking cloudy and wet with rain turning heavy at times. On Friday and Saturday it will become generally drier and brighter although, there could be occasional showers."

That's not good

Eh? Weather looks good for Friday & Saturday?

That's not good

That's good.

Natural watering on Thursday followed by occasional natural watering, great stuff.

Feeling better after that good news, thanks.

Who really gives a shinny s###e about who practices or not???

As long as all the riders give maximum effort on the day!

Woffinden's that good he'll be able to pick all the racing lines by watching Fridays race off!

The proof will be in the scorechart 10pm Saturday nigh!

I mentioned before on here about watching Egon Muller become world champ. I don't think he would ha e done it without all the testing and practise on his home track.

I believe we can win a medal and have Woffinden down for 19-21 points to help us achieve that. I'll be a happy bunny if that's the case come 10pm.