British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

The Heat Leader List....

When you consider KK is going to drop 0.75 of a point straight off, Harris will stay the same and King is likely to struggle as a heatleader so lose a point. It really depends what Garrity, Bates and Sarj do. I'd be telling them to throw the first 4 meetings to keep their averages down then bring in a heat leader for Woryna.

Well, if that's the plan then let's hope the fans who give up after the first few meetings decide to return again but more than likely they will have found something else to do. It's bad enough knowing we're probably going to lose the first match against Poole. :neutral:

You're right but you got there being wrong. KK will drop his average because rolling averages have changed from 24 to 20 meetings in the time he's been away, he had 4 excellent meetings that will be dropped making a big difference.KK has historically had good year, bad year, good year, bad year. Check it out. Last year was terrible so this year should be good. I expect him to do well, and by October to have increased his average but after the first set of GSAs unless he rides really well his average is likely to drop.

You would have to be an extremely brave person to predict a good year for him on the back of one of his worst ever seasons worldwide.

As I have stated before Cov fans will need him to have a good year otherwise it could be a long year.

As is the usual with KK is the EL, no one knows what to expect.

Clearly any team needs their number one to perform or they will struggle. Personally think kk will be one of the better number ones this season

• Like 1

HaHaHaHAHaHaHa.

HaHAHAHaHaHaHaHa

And I forgot HaHAHAHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHAHaHaHaHaHAHAHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHAHaHaHaaHaHaHaHAHaHaHaHaHAHA

So Coventry could potentially have Kenni Larsen lined up to replace Woryna in April or May!

So as "the list goes when the averages come out"..

Which is I believe after four matches?

Does that mean (hypothetically) that my team BV could have this scenario?...

Zagar, Nicholls and Cook during their first four meetings struggle (new track and all that) and drop their averages by two points each...

During this time, Steve Worrall increases his average from the reserve berth to seven plus and goes into the main team..

Zagar drops to reserve as the lowest top five rider and Worrall then gets replaced by another rider from the heat leader list on a seven point plus average...

This would mean BV have four from the original heat leader list about two weeks after the rules forbid it and six points with which to bring someone else in to replace for instance Richie Worrall, (with possibly another heat leader list rider if Richie's average has dropped enough)..

Could happen at any track couldnt it? Or is the fast track rider protected all year?

Would be a little bit silly if two weeks into a season the whole basis of the team strength rules are 'thrown away' after so much focus being put on it...

Could teams effectively throw their first four matches to ensure a very strong team for the others or has this scenario been thought out and prevented?

Edited by mikebv

No, that won't be able to happen, not to those levels anyway.

Remember, averages are still rolling averages based upon 20 meetings, they simply change after the first 4.

• Like 2

Remember, averages are still rolling averages based upon 20 meetings, they simply change after the first 4.

And the MC have to approve any changes during the season-they would veto any early change that would make the league un-competitive. ;)

• Like 1

Do rolling averages apply to the reserves? Either way it is quite possible reserves will end up as hl. But agree unlikely you will have a number one dropping to reserve, or teams shedding huge number of points off their total average.

With some on the heatleader list averaging under and just over 6 it wont take much for them to drop a little more and some reserves averaging over 6 after 4 meetings. Garrity and Newman averaged over 7 at reserve last season I believe.

With some on the heatleader list averaging under and just over 6 it wont take much for them to drop a little more and some reserves averaging over 6 after 4 meetings. Garrity and Newman averaged over 7 at reserve last season I believe.

Both were in the top ten of the EL after the first couple of months of the season...

Presume the same could happen again...

(Get them PL averages out again for next year)...😁