British Speedway Forum
damosuzuki

Ticket Prices 2016

Laughing at some Glasgow fans attempting to justify these price hikes. Doubt many of them feel any different from the rest of us. A complete and utter piss take.

• Like 7

An additional charge of £2 for a big jobby is perfectly reasonable. A plopping season ticket may be the way forward. Pound extra for seat cushion.

Previously we couldn't benchmark ourselves against our local peers as the facilities were sub standard. That of course has now changed and our pricing compares very favourably against the ice hockey, rugby and football. Only the basketball offers better value for money.

Our local rivals with their own 'facilities' were 17 last year and it's safe to assume they won't be any cheaper this.

Other teams charge less but are handcuffed by both the condition of their stadiums and surrounding demographic.

Don't agree with some of the pricing but I know that in March I will be walking into a clean, safe, well appointed stadium which will have been improved again over the winter.

Edited by Fingersfin
  • Like 3

Previously we couldn't benchmark ourselves against our local peers as the facilities were sub standard. That of course has now changed and our pricing compares very favourably against the ice hockey, rugby and football. Only the basketball offers better value for money.

Our local rivals with their own 'facilities' were 17 last year and it's safe to assume they won't be any cheaper this.

Other teams charge less but are handcuffed by both the condition of their stadiums and surrounding demographic.

Don't agree with some of the pricing but I know that in March I will be walking into a clean, safe, well appointed stadium which will have been improved again over the winter.

While there can be no argument regarding the facilities on offer ,its the entertainment value of the sport which is often questioned nowadays.Best of luck anyway they can't be accused of trying to take the sport forward which is commendable .

Laughing at some Glasgow fans attempting to justify these price hikes. Doubt many of them feel any different from the rest of us. A complete and utter piss take.

Similar to the views about the prices at Rye House a couple of years and the lack of fairer prices for various concessions but we have had a couple of years without a price hike. I wonder if similar increases are around the corner for us given the promised work and improvements on the stadium and dare i say car park. Rater than defend a club when the hikes are unreasonable we should be outspoken. Otherwise no matter how good the speedway the average fan who only has so much disposable income won't go so often.

• Like 1

tbh I think the issue really is that this won't stop people coming. It's still well under 20 quid which compares well with other professional sports - especially motorsports. Folk like me will moan, but in the back of my mind I know I'm not being conned, we are going to have a great team on the track and some of the best facilities in Speedway.

I can afford it, because I'm working. I just hope there aren't older folks who chuck it (for example). The Facennas have done an incredible job and long may it continue. Just think the pound a seat is a bit tight and hope it doesn't discourage infirm people from getting one.

• Like 1

The Facennas have done an incredible job and long may it continue. Just think the pound a seat is a bit tight and hope it doesn't discourage infirm people from getting one.

Not only the extra quid for a seat, but this secure parking/stadium parking nonsense. Why charge an extra £2 to park within the stadium compound?

This is typical car dealer behaviour. Offer a base product, then add extras (car mats, colour coded bumpers etc..) to bump the price up.

Not only the extra quid for a seat, but this secure parking/stadium parking nonsense. Why charge an extra £2 to park within the stadium compound?

This is typical car dealer behaviour. Offer a base product, then add extras (car mats, colour coded bumpers etc..) to bump the price up.

Would you really leave your car in an unprotected area in the area around Ashfield, I bl**dy wouldn't.

• Like 1

No one celebrates paying more for anything but when you can see the improvements before your eyes then it is easier to swallow. I don't think you have been since the changes maybe your opinion would mellow if you had.

I leave my car in the streets opposite every week. Never had any trouble. To me you'd be daft to use the secure car park (which I think is next to the Ashfield bar ).

I leave my car in the streets opposite every week. Never had any trouble. To me you'd be daft to use the secure car park (which I think is next to the Ashfield bar ).

Why ? That's the one I use.

Is that not the one that costs 4 quid?Over the road it's free.

Mind you get to keep the bricks, instead of the wheels you used to have.

I thought Glasgow were trying to get more people to attend. Good luck at those prices.

£22 just for normal parking, a programme and to get in. Never mind buying food and drink while inside or other bits and pieces.

Personally couldn't care about all the other entertainment that goes on. I'm there to see speedway no some random on the centre green singing songs.

Your allowed your opinion mr b

Find myself seeing both points of view here. Could quite happily give the non speedway stuff a miss being a speedway fan of many years. Think the "throw the ball gig into the car must be a nice little earner though.

BUT maybe the fans new to Glasgow in 2015 expect the "add ons".