British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

Isle Of Wight Wightlink Warriors 2016

I have had another try at negotiating the IoW website and guess what? As the old saying goes "...I got nowhere FAST!..."

Here's the IoW website Link...http://www.iowislanders.co/

Maybe your browser is out of date. I;ve just navigated the site and watched the video of Barry above.

The up to date official website address is

Www.wightwarriors.co

Their media channel can be found on speedwayportal.com inside the portal.

Hopefully that helps.

Andy

Maybe your browser is out of date. I;ve just navigated the site and watched the video of Barry above.

It's more likely to just be the out of date user!

Well done to the Warriors tonight on your win over Mildenhall with two riders withdrawn. Good stuff!

• Like 1

I've just seen your leaflets for posting in neighbours doors and have to say that's a good idea. However would it be an idea to discount tickets or a ticket for people who show this at the turnstiles so they get in a bit cheaper if they are just giving it a try. Might encourage more people because us Brits love a good deal!

• Like 1

Is it going to be a full strength IOW side at Somerset on Friday night for the challenge against Weymouth?

Is it going to be a full strength IOW side at Somerset on Friday night for the challenge against Weymouth?

Near enough.

Warriors: 1. Wajtknecht (G), 2. Dugard, 3. Smart, 4. Baseby, 5. Cockle, 6. Saul & 7. Govier.

Exeter: 1. Ayres, 2. Bates, 3. TBC 4. Chessell 5. Shuttleworth, 6. Atkins7. Phillips. The 7th was originally Bacon but obviously won't be now. Shuttleworth replaces Wilson-Dean as Exeter were told they can't use a PL rider.

Edited by Islander15

Hi guys, it's been an awesome couple of weeks over on the Island on race nights. Attendances are on the up each week, and it's great to see more and more travelling supporters not only from the away teams, but also others living far afield becoming regulars. The track is becoming more consistent and the racing has been superb especially the last 2 meetings. The last 2 matches were both won by the Warriors in a last heat decider. We even had some attendants arrive in their private Helicopter, landed in the next field to come and watch the meeting. Now that is what I call a Drone to watch heat 15 in!!!

This week also saw a film company called Procamfilms come along, watch out people I predict some awesome footage coming soon from them!

Don't forget all home meetings are covered by SpeedwayPortal.com, and are available to buy on DVD from either the track shop or on the Warriors Media channel. £7 each.

Last night at Somerset the meeting was abandoned before the re-run of heat 4 due to rain, which means all the boys from both teams have bikes to clean today! :(

If you do get a chance, do come over to the Island, there's an awesome buzz about the place and everyone is very approachable for a chat.

Andy

• Like 6

This coming Thursday, The Isle Of Wight Warriors take on the Weymouth Wildcats in a Challenge match at the Andrew Younie Smallbrook Stadium. Here Martin Widman talks to Brendan Johnson with his thoughts on the up coming match. Remember, Children 16 and under go free with a paying adult.

Brought to you by A.R.Cook Building Services, Warriors & Speedway Portal.

http://www.speedwayportal.com/#!wight-warriors-media-channel-home-page/pbcfz

Remember guys, anyone interested in watching any of the meetings held at the Andrew Younie Smallbrook stadium in 2016, all home meetings are covered by SpeedwayPortal.com, and can be purchased both from the track shop on race nights or by clicking the link below to take you to the Warriors online DVD shop.

http://www.speedwayportal.com/#!wight-warriors-dvd-shop/ij7yc

£7 plus &2 p&P.

MEETING PREVIEW VIDEO
WIGHT Warriors vs KENT Kings
Knock Out Cup 2nd Leg
07/06/2016
At The Andrew Younie Smallbrook Stadium, Ryde, Isle Of Wight.

Adults £11, Over 65 & Service Personnel £8, Students £6 & Kids 16 and under FREE with a paying adult.

Brought to you by Greeff's Biltong, Wight Warriors & Speedway Portal.

http://www.speedwayportal.com/#!wight-warriors-media-channel-home-page/pbcfz

Hi guys, it's been an awesome couple of weeks over on the Island on race nights. Attendances are on the up each week, and it's great to see more and more travelling supporters not only from the away teams, but also others living far afield becoming regulars. The track is becoming more consistent and the racing has been superb especially the last 2 meetings. The last 2 matches were both won by the Warriors in a last heat decider.

If you do get a chance, do come over to the Island, there's an awesome buzz about the place and everyone is very approachable for a chat.

Andy

Having been 3 times so far this season, I'd echo those comments. It was dusty the first week but the racing was still good and that continued (without the dust) for two very entertaining meetings against Mildenhall & Belle Vue.

Its brilliant to hear that attendances are increasing - that was clearly the case against Belle Vue when I got blocked in in the car park - and nothing less than Barry Bishop and Martin Widman deserve. Believe me, they have tried so hard to produce a good night out and attract the numbers they need to ensure that speedway continues on the Island and their PR is absolutely first class :approve:

There are a few other promotions up and down the country who could learn a lesson or two from Isle of Wight about how to treat paying customers.

As Andy says, give them a go. As there are discounted prices on the Cat and the car ferry for speedway fans, why not make a day of it ?

• Like 1

Updated Met Office hour-by-hour forecast for today suggests no rain until at least 8pm when there's possibly a chance of a shower so let's go racing and look forward to the Wight Warriors league match versus Mildenhall. See you there?