British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Colts 2016

Any indication on what night they will race?

Friday nights on a gp weekend,with the occasional weekend(maybe)

David holt and Daniel Bewley from Cumbria signed tonight Daniel is a top class motocross rider 16/17 I think and has Just moved over to speedway last year for a bit of fun and took to it like a duck to water he has been coached by Steve Lawson since he started and will be a good one i have seen him riding Glasgow at practice days and looks as if he has been riding for a lot more years than he has

• Like 1

So who is left for the Colts to sign close to a 5.96 average ?

I am new to the National league so what do people think of this Colts team so far.

Edited by B.V 72

I am new to the National league so what do people think of this Colts team so far.

I guess would be Mikey Neale. You have as good a top 2 as anyone on their day imo. Shuttleworth has improved quite considerably since I saw him doing amateur racing a couple of years ago and had a great season last year, I think he'll sustain since improvement if not as notable as last year. Woolley might have stagnated a bit but maybe a change of track will help him, but he started last year better than he ever had. Whilst for the reserves I haven't seen Bewley so won't comment and Holt has been around a while now and improved minimally it makes sense to have someone who knows the club and has a bit of experience with a 16 year old. Overall a pretty good team that I can see top half, it remains to be seen what the home track advantage is like but the side has established NL riders who are also improving so they'll definitely pick up some points on the road.

• Like 4

Glad Holt has got his place and fully deserves it. Don't know much about Bewley but from his Scunthorpe results he sounds a decent rider. Looks like Belle Vue could have one of the stronger reserve pairings in the league this season along with a brand new track aiding home advantage. This side looks like pressing for a play off place to me.

Adam Lowe (5.62), if he's still riding?

Adam Lowe (5.62), if he's still riding?

I think he's pretty much done now !!!!

My money is on Neale

2012 British grasstrack champion completes team

He will be reserve

Funny how 3 years ago nobody would touch a grasstracker and now they are flavour of the month!

That said Andy is a good rider and good signing in proving ability over youth is more important. However if Holt doesn't now start at reserve I feel that Belle Vue might have missed a trick early on.

Surely the NL must include an age restriction for Reserve riders in the future. Even John Louis was only 28 when he started out in speedway.

Isn't the NL, the National 'Development' League?

Also, doesn't that leave the Colts almost 3 points below the permitted maximum team aggregate declaration?

Good luck to him, but not one for the future starting NL at the age of 31

He has had ridden in the MDL for a while for Belle Vue and is a local lad.......

Seem to remember Taffy Owen was hardly a spring chicken when he rode for the Colts in 68 ... he topped the Colt's score chart that year if I remember correctly

• Like 1