British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Colts 2016

Payne next decent top 2 :t:

You would be amazed what riders have said over the years to get out of riding for Buxton!

Don't see why they cant just tell the truth.

• Like 1

Pleased with the signing of Matt Williamson... young talented local lad

Just what the doctor ordered.

Get your sunglasses out ~ you'll need them. :lol:

• Like 1

I reckon you have a proper nl no.1 with Matt,wish we had kept him tbh.Ash is proberly my favourite modern day heathen but shouldn't be back in the nl.not his fault of course.

I reckon you have a proper nl no.1 with Matt,wish we had kept him tbh.Ash is proberly my favourite modern day heathen but shouldn't be back in the nl.not his fault of course.

payney will take the no1 off Williamson.

I agree that the Colts should be about developing our own young riders but that will take time.I am sure the long term aim is for us to have a full team of our own riders but until we can develop our own heat leaders etc we need to sign the best we can and add a few of our own promising riders every year.

Next year is a big year for the Colts at first i think they will attract a fair sized crowd most new to Nat league racing.But a lot of speedway fans are a fickle bunch so to keep them coming i do feel that the Colts need to have a competetive team and not a team that gets battered every week.Remember we have 20 Elite league class meetings the opening meeting and the world cup as well as the Nat league so i think we need a decent team to make it worth while the fans turning up.

The last thing we need is for the managment to say the Nat league is not viable not enougth fans turned up so we are not running in 2017.

I have already bought my Colts season ticket for next year(not knowing who we are going to sign) as i like to see young riders develop but that will not be enougth for most fans they will want a team that can compete with the rest.

I wasn't advocating a weak team but simply make sure it is a vehicle to produce talent and increase the asset base.

When we won the title in 68, the Colts success was built on the back of two winters of training sessions and training sessions in the 67 season run by the incomparable Dent Oliver .

I am sure we will have a good team this year.

I agree that the Colts should be about developing our own young riders but that will take time.I am sure the long term aim is for us to have a full team of our own riders but until we can develop our own heat leaders etc we need to sign the best we can and add a few of our own promising riders every year.

Next year is a big year for the Colts at first i think they will attract a fair sized crowd most new to Nat league racing.But a lot of speedway fans are a fickle bunch so to keep them coming i do feel that the Colts need to have a competetive team and not a team that gets battered every week.Remember we have 20 Elite league class meetings the opening meeting and the world cup as well as the Nat league so i think we need a decent team to make it worth while the fans turning up.

The last thing we need is for the managment to say the Nat league is not viable not enougth fans turned up so we are not running in 2017.

I have already bought my Colts season ticket for next year(not knowing who we are going to sign) as i like to see young riders develop but that will not be enougth for most fans they will want a team that can compete with the rest.

I think you are dead right.

The trick is to try and combine the two - be competitive but have 3 or 4 in the team who are just starting out or have a season or two under their belts.

Mildenhall have got that pretty much spot on.

• Like 2

payney will take the no1 off Williamson.

Williamson 8.69

Payne 8.00

So he wont

I think he means afterwards, wiliamson is a better rider than payne thou!

Ah yes. Just re read it. My bad. Sorry

Actually I think it could be close and a bit of healthy competition between the two, assuming Payne is with BV, will do no harm. Note healthy competition as team mates arguing does nobody any favours and the dispute between Matt and Max last season was frankly pretty embarrassing. Payne had a stint at a higher level than this and in my opinion underachieved to end last season on 8. He should be 9+ and if Matt gets over 9 he'll have had another excellent season.

• Like 1

Actually I think it could be close and a bit of healthy competition between the two, assuming Payne is with BV, will do no harm. Note healthy competition as team mates arguing does nobody any favours and the dispute between Matt and Max last season was frankly pretty embarrassing. Payne had a stint at a higher level than this and in my opinion underachieved to end last season on 8. He should be 9+ and if Matt gets over 9 he'll have had another excellent season.

payney is more of a team man,and the so called dispute , please share with us what was said to cause you such embarrassment..or was it the fact that cradley had no team spirit what so ever and you didn't win anything .. :o

Max and Matt - handbags at dawn, or sundown would probably be more accurate, after getting in each others way during a race. If they wanted to argue the toss with each other about it then should do so far beyond the gaze of the fans, press, sponsors etcetera. Still, it's in the past now so c'est la vie I guess.

What's not clear from my initial post is that I do not blame either rider more than the other. On reflection I have given the impression Matt was at fault - sorry Matt. You leave with my very best wishes after successful stint as a Heathen. :t:

• Like 1

I know for sure clegg and Williamson don't get on so 21st century heathen is right

• Like 1

Lee Payne and rob shuttleworth confirmed