British Speedway Forum

Same thing? How many people on here are scbs customer base?

SCB quoted the Oyston case as justification of using r*tard as an insult. Then uses it himself to describe someone!

its irrelevant who used it first.

Quote that article, "The terms mental retardation and mentally retarded were invented in the middle of the 20th century...."

Vs

"late 15th century: from French retarder, from Latin retardare, from re- back + tardus slow."

Well done for proving yourself wrong :D

And thanks for proving yourself as bad as Cook for calling him a r*tard . Sorted. :t:

Its derogatory to call someone with a mental illness it, but its in a totally different context i think here.

Is calling someone who is being immature ' a child' derogatory to children?

Its derogatory to call someone with a mental illness it, but its in a totally different context i think here.

Is calling someone who is being immature ' a child' derogatory to children?

As already stated I think it's been used as a derogatory term in this instance.

Used by both Cook and SCB in the same way.

Either both are okay or both equally repellant .

Choice is yours!

As already stated I think it's been used as a derogatory term in this instance.

Used by both Cook and SCB in the same way.

Either both are okay or both equally repellant .

Choice is yours!

There you go people, Stevebrum can tell you what you mean better than you can yourself :D

It was not said in an offensive way.

There you go people, Stevebrum can tell you what you mean better than you can yourself :D

It was not said in an offensive way.

Shouldn't have put it in the first place.. ;)

Just because your a Poole fan it doesn't mean you have to defend everything Middlo says.

Oh it does in Starman's world...and Matt Ford!

There's been some serious confusion here. Lakeside is an ambiguous location name and Shawn's spelling is notoriously bad. I think the intended title of the thread was "Jon Cook is a Darter".

• Like 3

"anyone who thinks that's wrong..." Is clearly not referring to anyone who thinks the way it WAS done. But referring to the fact that anyone to disagrees with the way it was done is stupid. Many people have disagreed with the list this are in Cooks view stupid.

So you haven't actually read the article yourself then ?

Last year Middlo called me retarded on Twitter and Starman defended him so his comments here are hilirious and shows him as exactly what he is

• Like 5

So you haven't actually read the article yourself then ?

No.

There's been some serious confusion here. Lakeside is an ambiguous location name and Shawn's spelling is notoriously bad. I think the intended title of the thread was "Jon Cook is a Darter".

I'm surprised how articulate he has been in the most so far.

Highly unusual for one of the forums worst spellers. :rofl:

John Cook is obviously very very dumb, something i always suspected. Insulting fans is not really the best business plan i have ever come across...

And neither is agreeing to postpone a meeting you would more than likely win against a depleted title chasing opposition on the grounds it wouldn't be 'in the interests of speedway' to run the meeting...

I am glad that I didn't make such a decision as someone may have labelled me 'thick, biased, or both'!!😉

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

Rather be thick & biased than a member of the BSPA. So up yours Cook.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 2

Cook is not the brightest of people I have met,

Him calling those who keep speedway alive idiots is surely classed as bringing the sport into disrepute and he should face a big fine and possible suspend his promotors license.

No it was auto correct...

"Jon Cook is a Trader" was what he put in!!!😃

Edited by mikebv