British Speedway Forum

Terrible post SICK is the only word you also made a sick comment about Gustix the other week what is up with you??

I'd normally say it makes me laugh when people get offended on behalf of others (retards in this case) but I'm not sure thats whats happening here!!

I accept the Gustix comment was close to the line but it was a joke and not meant with any malice.

I read John Cook's comments in a post on this forum. I haven't seen Speedway Star.

The comments attributed to him were so outrageous I even had doubts they were genuine. Very foolish.

I haven't seen Speedwáy a Star yet either, and won't see it until tomorrow so I might comment then. In the meantime the following points can be made without seeing the article :-

1. Speedwáy Star has something of a track record of publishing misleading/ half baked information so you raise a good point in questioning the accuracy of the report.

2. Jon Cook is a disastrous PR man. I was listening to him on BBC Essex talking about the signing of Bjarne Pedersen and it was so full of word whiskers (um, ar, you know etc) and jumbled sentences it was virtually incoherent. He is not alone in coming across in that way on radio, of course but when it's a live broadcast it seems common sense to have a few prepared notes as a prompt to get the information out in a coherent way. Anyone not familiar with Speedwáy probably didn't understand what he was talking about.

3. Majority of fans have some degree of bias (including me) as do most fans of competitive sport.

4. I don't know about Speedwáy fans as a whole but the posts on this forum indicate that there are plenty of thick ones around .

5. I don't think Jon Cook is a retard. On SCB's assessment I suppose that makes me thick. My take on on it is that he sometimes speaks before his brain is in gear, and that SCB is given to hyperbole, but like Jon Cook he knows his stuff in some areas but over eggs the pudding when he goes into print.

6. There is an enormous amount of pomposity by some posters on this thread.

• Like 1

woz01, on 17 Dec 2015 - 1:21 PM, said:

Cook has insulted many on this forum, the very people that turn up week in week out, sponsor riders and do voluntary work within the clubs. He should be reprimanded for his comments.

What is funny is they actually used voting to sort the heatleader list, no one would use biased opinion in a vote would they?

The MUG PUNTERS will turn up every week whatever they call us ..we love the sport too much to walk away ..AND THEY KNOW IT !

The MUG PUNTERS will turn up every week whatever they call us ..we love the sport too much to walk away ..AND THEY KNOW IT !

That's what they believe yes... although as we know, slowly but surely the mug punters are walking away.

Comments like this from Cook are simply a disgrace. They gain the sport nothing but I can guarantee you some fans will leave the sport as a result.

• Like 1

I'd normally say it makes me laugh when people get offended on behalf of others (retards in this case) but I'm not sure thats whats happening here!!

I accept the Gustix comment was close to the line but it was a joke and not meant with any malice.

Why say the word Retard in the first place? was it to seek attention??
  • Like 4

I'm not bothered what Cook says either tbh, just know that the Heat Leader list is a forking shambles. However I would say that the Promoters Work in a very difficult environmet and were there the money available it would be a lot better to have an independent body working on these kind of details, not vested interests.

Why say the word Retard in the first place? was it to seek attention??

Of course it was. Why else do you think you give subjects a heading? Thats an odd question that only had one answer. It wouldn't have really worked if I had called the topic, "Jon Cook Is A Man" would it?

If you don't agree you're either thick or biased, or both.

And any credabillity you had on here you've just lost. Who the hell do you think you are ??

• Like 1

Don't take it personally SCB, arguing with idiots drags you down to their level. We know how they first used rolling aves anything statistical goes right over their heads.

• Like 2

And any credabillity you had on here you've just lost. Who the hell do you think you are ??

Oops. Brown nose brigade are out.

Jon is a mate of Matt's you know. How dare you insult him.

You know when Sidney and Starman are not happy with you that you're onto something and you're thoughts/opinions are vindicated :D

So you are happy for Jon Cook to call fans thick and biased?

No he has acted terribly but you don't have to use the word Retard that is all i am saying.
  • Like 6