British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tapeworm

2016 Fixtures

It shouldn't matter to us what is happening in Poland, this is British Speedway, if riders are going to miss lots of PL meetings to race in Poland then teams shouldn't be signing them really.

Whilst I agree with you I think we need to accept that some riders just don't see racing in our leagues as there main priority anymore, especially when you see the kind on contracts dished out some clubs in Poland, whether the clubs actually honour those contracts of course is a different matter.

• Like 1

But it shouldn't be, northern clubs doing southern tours and vica versa and fans booking holidays around them have been part of PL speedway for years. Surely there is a benefit for tracks to actually think of getting some travelling fans along, or maybe I hanker after a bygone age.

That's a laugh, where Newcastle is concerned. I can't remember the last proper Southern Tour we had.

For example, every season so far (since Plymouth came into the PL), we've done Plymouth as a one-off, including when we went down there twice within a fortnight.

Somerset and Rye House have become one-offs too, despite the fact we use to do those as a 'tour' together.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

With many riders doubling up / down, it must make it difficult to arrange fixtures for one night let alone consecutive nights and won't have helped to fix up the old style 'tours'.

According to the Panthers web-site, the First Draft of PL fixtures has been received and are expected to be finalised this month.

With many riders doubling up / down, it must make it difficult to arrange fixtures for one night let alone consecutive nights and won't have helped to fix up the old style 'tours'.

According to the Panthers web-site, the First Draft of PL fixtures has been received and are expected to be finalised this month.

Another reason for the EL to go to one night maybe, but you are right with so many riders doubling up putting tours together for the PL clubs will be difficult.

Edited by screm

We had to submit our 2016 annual leave requests by November last year, so there's no way I can can plan any speedway tours. Saying that I've requested the last weekend in July as that's been a regular Northern Tour weekend in past years

Just a quick note. The fixtures were released last year on 19th January.........

There's obviously a lot of head scratching over rider availability , as long as we get them before March

There's obviously a lot of head scratching over rider availability , as long as we get them before March

More than likely. I'd rather they took their time to help avoid the constant clashes and missing riders than rush them.

There's an increasing number of riders who ride both leagues these days so the problem is intensifying.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey
  • Like 1

I see on Twitter that Ipswich Witches fixtures are in tomorrows East Anglian Daily Times!

• Like 1

So, with Scunthorpe's home PL fixture on 5th September versus Redcar, the day before Wolverhampton v Poole in the EL, listed as the latest official 2016 fixtures on the BSPA website, is this the earliest scheduled finish ever to a league season for the top two divisions?

(Appreciated that re-arrangements will subsequently take the season past these dates)