British Speedway Forum

A very average EL heat leader with a diminishingh average i hear is asking for a £2000 guarantee per meeting.

We all "hear " things but whether they are true is a different matter. And "asking" is not the same as getting. He obviously doesnt have a job yet otherwise he wouldn't still be asking.

And here lies the reason why our sport is in the depression it is. I appreciate the EL promoters are fools unto themselves but for someone to post suggestions that the PL should run separately highlights the massive problem this sport has. Sod you jack attitude gets you nowhere. The sport is like a big boat, and everyone must pull their weight, unless they all pull together then the boat will sink.

Whether you like it or not the EL is the show piece, and the PL is equal to a 2nd division. NL is the 3rd. The sport should be run as one and every team wanting to progress to that top tier. any other way is deemed to failure......... that' be to the Sport, The Divisions and the Fans......

Fair enough just tell the EL that it's all one "Boat " and to share the lifeboats equally including the Sky money if you want equality that's a good place to start ,

• Like 1

I aggree. Any sponsor money should be directed to the sport and not individual clubs. Where the Sky fixtures are concerned, a payment could be made to offsett the low attendance, but that should apply to all matches , whether it be EL or PL.

Please don't think I'm painting a picture aimed at the EL I think the sport should be run as one body, One set of rules.......

I aggree. Any sponsor money should be directed to the sport and not individual clubs. Where the Sky fixtures are concerned, a payment could be made to offsett the low attendance, but that should apply to all matches , whether it be EL or PL.

Please don't think I'm painting a picture aimed at the EL I think the sport should be run as one body, One set of rules.......

There is a Sky payment to offset the low attendance which I presume the PL clubs must also get when televised. However the EL clubs are the ones that have the higher overheads in terms of riders costs, ,and are the greater attraction for TV so it's reasonable they get the bulk of the money.

PL clubs can get a full share of the Sky money if they apply to come up.

• Like 4

There is a Sky payment to offset the low attendance which I presume the PL clubs must also get when televised. However the EL clubs are the ones that have the higher overheads in terms of riders costs, ,and are the greater attraction for TV so it's reasonable they get the bulk of the money.

I was of the same impression, although I wasn't sure if the same applied for the PL matches... My point being that rules should apply to all the divisions. In the case of Sky tele matches, the rule should be to supplement all home team for lost of attendance monies. Obviously that payments would representative of the overheads attributed as per division that they complete in,

So they are not all in the same Boat PL can have an EQUAL share of all the problems and short comings of the sport but not the "money" sounds about right .

Edited by FAST GATER

So who is it that thinks the majority of Pl clubs aren't up the very same s#!t creek as the EL?!

So who is it that thinks the majority of Pl clubs aren't up the very same s#!t creek as the EL?!

Never mind that what about thinking that a league who can't find or fund a team of seven EL standard riders wants the lion's share of the Sky money to show five EL riders and two NL riders hidden under the guise of the FT system .How many riders have now progressed to full team places, they should have less money for putting a diluted product.The likes of Hancock ,Tai &co aren't coming back anytime soon :mad: :mad:when will people realise this .

Edited by FAST GATER

We all "hear " things but whether they are true is a different matter. And "asking" is not the same as getting. He obviously doesnt have a job yet otherwise he wouldn't still be asking.

I also know of this guy who is asking for £2000 guarantee, and it is from a PL team !!!!

So they are not all in the same Boat PL can have an EQUAL share of all the problems and short comings of the sport but not the "money" sounds about right .

Would sound about right in any sport ...it's quite clear and quite right that the top leagues get the lions share of the tv money ..you might not like the make up of the el sides but all EL teams would crush and are miles above any pl side .

• Like 1

Would sound about right in any sport ...it's quite clear and quite right that the top leagues get the lions share of the tv money ..you might not like the make up of the el sides but all EL teams would crush and are miles above any pl side .

I have no doubts that there is a difference in the ability of riders in the three leagues and I think any rider should be paid as much as they can get within reason ,my point is that while there are issues for all s/way teams the EL spread theirs over everyone else.No one wants to see the demise of the El but it just seems blunder from one problem to the next and thinking these big names returning will improve things,all it will do is drain the last drop of money left in the sport.

As to the make up of the El explain to a non s/way fan how the FT system operates and see their reaction protected heats are absolute nonsense ,we are all brainwashed into thinking it's for the future of the sport .

Edited by FAST GATER

Getting big names would makes things better .the one thing that has happened is as the teams have got weaker year by year so have the crowds . The bottom line is unless the teams get better the crowds will never pick up its a simple fact .finding a format to do that is the hard part but a must .

• Like 1

Getting big names would makes things better .the one thing that has happened is as the teams have got weaker year by year so have the crowds . The bottom line is unless the teams get better the crowds will never pick up its a simple fact .finding a format to do that is the hard part but a must .

The crowds will pick up if the entertainment on track does too. You don't need all of the top men to have an exciting meeting.

• Like 2

I also know of this guy who is asking for £2000 guarantee, and it is from a PL team !!!!

Seriously? Surely nobody would be daft enough to pay that?

That won't happen mate.