British Speedway Forum
Sings4Speedway

Fours Festival Weekend

Can we not just go there and enjoy it for what it is , a weekend of brilliant Premier League speedway . Somebody has to host it and where better than one of the best speedway tracks in the country . Who cares if Peterborough are seeded , after all the biggest majority of the crowd will be from the hosting club and they want to see their club in it .

Hear, hear!

It's a great idea, with the potential to be a cracking weekend of speedway.

If speedway fans can't get excited about this, then they need to check their pulse!

• Like 2

has it been bad planning, or done on purpose just to give Peterborough another helping hand to win ??? ;)

The showground is not in the same position as you're Brough park is we have to rely on dates given to us by the showgound people, Panthers have no say in it anyway as it is a B.S.P.A. controlled event Peterborough are just the hosts

The showground is not in the same position as you're Brough park is we have to rely on dates given to us by the showgound people, Panthers have no say in it anyway as it is a B.S.P.A. controlled event Peterborough are just the hosts

And we at Brough Park have to work around the Greyhound people!

yeah, with a golden ticket against some depleted teams ;)

Should be a good weekend this ... I assume the nightlife in Peterborough is slightly better than Berwicks?!

Totally wrong that the host team is seeded into the final and before anyone says it happens in major football competitions I don't agree with that either!

Places in finals of competitions should be earned in any sport not given away because it will attract a few more punters through the door!

If they intend on giving final places to the hosts every year then they have to move to a new venue every year as well to be fair on all teams involved.

Yet another example of let's help Peterborough out as much as we can!

In the intended new formula there is not much choice for a venue suitable for a 2 day event with overnight camping and live music. As far as seeding to the final lets not do it at all , 12 teams drawn out of hat and bad luck if your team doesn't get drawn 3 winners of semi's and best 2nd place to final Brough park , fox hole and the Dump definitely not suitable and not sure you could handle all the flack that we have to put with from all the moaners and s/ stirrers such as yourselves

If it's to ensure the local punters turn up then surely they should be in the qualifying on the Saturday?

That would mean panther riders involved on both days one way or another.

By seeding them, they will only ride on the Sunday.

But I don't believe in seeding at all.

A

If it's to ensure the local punters turn up then surely they should be in the qualifying on the Saturday?

That would mean panther riders involved on both days one way or another.

By seeding them, they will only ride on the Sunday.

But I don't believe in seeding at all.

And I don't believe Fairies and Dragons but they now exist in Somerset i'm told

How about having 1 group of 5 teams, which includes Peterborough, have 5 riders in each race with the Panthers riders going off the 15metre handicap mark,,, this will nullify any home track advantage, sounds fair to me :)

2 from the 5 group qualify ;)

HA HA

if this format stays and at peterbro than have the holders qualify not the hosts.just means the crowd would be bigger on saturday instead of sunday,

Also this format stops averages fiddling to get certain teams to the fours,if peterbro did win then most of the losing fans would say its a hollow victory as you didnt do the hard work,, same as peterbro fans with the individual winner,, only won because so and so wasnt in...

does anyone one know what the individual meeting will be called? what will the winner be crowned as?

If they keep this format in the next few years and hold it at Peterborough, will the hosts be seeded through to the Final every year?

2 nights in the Holiday Inn Express £200 , ouch , but it's more comfortable than camping . That's it booked now anyway .

Ouch. Should have booked the Marriott over the road. Much nicer hotel and currently only £66 a night.
  • Like 1

If they keep this format in the next few years and hold it at Peterborough, will the hosts be seeded through to the Final every year?

Admittedly I don't follow a PL club but seeding Pboro makes sense to me. If this is intended to be a long term project, the attendances for the first year need to be good, seeding the hosts seems a reasonable way to do it. In future years IMO the holders should be seeded. Of course if the organisation or delivery of the event is a shambles who gets seeded in future years won't matter.

I hope it's a great success and the weather is kind, comfortably warm but no blazing sun. Let's hope they have got the message that something has to be provided during the meeting to keep fans entertained.

• Like 3

there are quite a number of P.L. riders who could be unavailable for this meeting. thats if they all have a good season and are called up for the W.C. team or on standby reserves . n.b.j. is one . check your team members out .

Edited by jenga

yeah, with a golden ticket against some depleted teams ;)

Yes we know the feeling, we had to go into the fours finals last year without R Lambert because he decided to guest for Rye House on the Saturday night got himself a maximum and was declared unfit to ride on the sunday lifting his bike back in the van, so your not alone

there are quite a number of P.L. riders who could be unavailable for this meeting. thats if they all have a good season and are called up for the W.C. team or on standby reserves . n.b.j. is one . check your team members out .

MY GOSH , better tell Ged to get the meeting cancelled just in case then

Should be a good weekend this ... I assume the nightlife in Peterborough is slightly better than Berwicks?!

Yes think it probably is but you'll if your coming by car fine but if not you'll need a taxi there and back city centre is approx. 5 miles away

The numbers mean a team had to be seeded really, could have been either the hosts or the holders, don't see the need for the moaning and groaning to be honest. The main concern is the scheduling, hopefully other events won't interfere.

• Like 1

Every fours meeting I've been to has dragged on for hours, especially at Peterborough.

Don't think I'd fancy the prospect of 8-9 hours over the weekend, especially as my team won't be involved in the final.

• Like 1

Think its a really good idea, just booked a room for us and the dogs a mile from the Showground, so not too far to stagger back, although the camping idea sounds good :)