British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

El Predictions 2016

The only thing about trying to predict who finishes where is most teams will make changes through the season and these can turn a msdicre team into a title contender. Last season Swindon signed Darcy and were suddenly the team to beat while Coventry came from nowhere in the past to romp home.

With the terrible race format we have at present the key is having riders that can still score if they are in a heat leader position and without doubt the team that has been built with all seven riders being potential match winners are POOLE who have three experienced heat leaders that have been here before and two second strings that could be big scorers every week. Add to that possibly the best fast track reserve in the league and the best 3.00 rider and its hard to see anyone coming close to them.

BELLE VUE have a good top three but would Max Tricks be ready for a heat leader role if required ? At present they look to be the next best but I think COVENTRY could be very much under estimated as Bomber and KK can be prolific scorers in the league (maybe not GP's) while Garrity and King can both hold down heat leader roles. Bates could be a good reserve but I think Woryna and Sarjeant could struggle and feel this could be where Bees change the line up later in the season.

After those three SWINDON with Doyle leading the team have to be contenders and Morris is getting better and better. Having an Aussie top five should give a good team spirit and that can work wonders on and off the track and at present these are the four teams I think will make the play offs.

As for the rest LAKESIDE will need Jonson and Nilsson confirming and as usual will be hard to beat at home and will have two decent second strings in Lawson and Swiderski ...... But is Kennett likely to be in and AJ another giving England a miss.

KINGS LYNN may be the team some think are going to be cannon fodder but why shoulld they as Bachelor, Lambert and Schlein can score points and Made will be a good second strung. The final position could be vital. Even if its Kenneth Bjerre it is another rider who is on a false average and riding as a second string to boot.

That sadly leaves WOLVES who will hopefully prove me wrong and in Bach they have potential and Lindgren starting as a second string is a plus. Howarth is a good reserve but will he be moving up and Masters or Thorssell moving to reserve ? They could be a surprise team but do they have race winners to pick up points away which has been a problem in recent seasons.

Then we have the Dads Army LEICESTER team who could see their fast track rider move up to number one when the averages come out.

POOLE

Belle Vue

Coventry (with changes)

Swindon

Kings Lynn

Lakeside

Wolverhampton

Leicester

• Like 2

Six months ago, Leicester City FC were 5000/1 to win the football Premier League. Today they are favourites to win it with most bookies.

But it would have to be odds of 10,000/1 for me to even contemplate parting with a two pound coin to bet on Leicester Lions for 2016 Elite League champs.

First of all they have 6 riders and you also priced up Leics thou there team is not complete yet .....how on earth can you price up the others if have not factor in Kl in the first place ...don't give up your day job .

It's very odd that the Bookmakers can price up odds on this years Derby. Most of them have up to 50 horses quoted yet there are still 475 horses left in the races

There are around 125 horses still engaged in this years Grand National yet most bookmakers do not even list half of them. As you say how can they possibly price up an event if you leave one out

I have not seen your price yet for Kings Lynn

how

To stand a chance of winning you have to have key strong points and this is where I think teams are strong.

BELLE VUE have a strong top three that are as strong as any other team.

COVENTRY have a good top two and will have a good second string in King or Garrity.

KINGS LYNN will have at least one very strong second string

LAKESIDE are good at home and Jonsson should be better than last year. Swiderski on a low average.

LEICESTER at least have a decent reserve

POOLE have it all. Three very good heat leaders, two excellent second strings and possibly the best two reserves.

SWINDON have the number one rider and potential behind him.

WOLVERHAMPTON have Lindgren and Bech on modest averages. They will have a very good reserve starting with Howarth but could have Masters or Thorssell dropping to number six at some point.

1. Poole

2. Swindon

3. Wolves

4. Kings Lynn

5. Coventry

6.Belle Vue

7. Lakeside

8. Leicester

WHAT, BV in 6th. Not a chance.

• Like 5

1. Matej Zagar

Unpredictable either score 15 or 1 just depends on which Zagar turns up if at all.

2. Max Fricke

A good young talent but for me will struggle on the big track at the national stadium , always ridden smaller more technical tracks in uk.

3. Scott Nicholls

Rejuvenated in 2015 & could continue that in 2016 but will never be held in high regard by myself after turning his back on Team GB.

4. Richie Worrall

He looked such a prospect 2 years ago but seems to have all fallen apart for Richie he has lost all his drive & confidence he is my prediction to be the first rider replaced in the league.

5. Craig Cook

Has real potenital to become a number 1 in this league but his lack of continental racing upto until now could hinder his progress huge season for the not so young Mr Cook if he wants to become a GB regular.

6. Steve Worrall

One of the better EDR riders who should score solidly.

7.Joe Jacobs

After taken a year out of the sport he is going to need to catch upto speed very fast but always seems to me to lack ambition & see's it more of a hobby then a profession. I also think the fact he has no PL place could hinder his improvment due to lack of meetings.

That is my reasoning behind going against the majority & putting BV 6th . Some people may agree but i suspect most won't that is the beauty of a forum. Differing opinions.

WHAT, BV in 6th. Not a chance.

Edited by lionking

1. Poole

2. Swindon

3. Wolves

4. Kings Lynn

5. Coventry

6.Belle Vue

7. Lakeside

8. Leicester

Can I ask out of interest why you have put King's Lynn so high?

• Like 1

1???

2. Robert Lambert

Is a huge prospect at the right age to kick on imo he will be the best no 2 in the league

3. Rory Schlein

Roo boy is coming back from an injury but he has bounced back before & will add with his team ethic

4. Mads Korneliussen

As much as i don't like him he will more then hold his own in this EL as a 2nd string.

5. Troy Batchelor

I am predicting big things with Troy in 2016 i think a change of track is exactly what was needed & where better the regain your confidence then where you made your name in the uk . I just hope his injury heals in time for the season start

6. Carl Wilkinson

Inspired choice of guest for many teams in 2015 so hopefully can produce that over a season for the stars.

7. Lewis Rose

Showed what a force he can be in the no 7 role at Swindon before his injury . If he can get back to that form on a track he calls home he will be their secret weapon against the likes of Clegg Nielsen & Jacobs

That is my thoughts on KL & their position if they get a good no1 i would put my money on them being in the play off's

Can I ask out of interest why you have put King's Lynn so high?

As a Belle vue fan to an extent i can see where lionking is comming from but i do think(hope) we will do better than 6th.

My point being is that i think it is hard to predict what this team will do there are to many unknowns.Will they all ride the new track well nobody knows.We will not have any track advantage for the earlier meetings,will that cost us some wins.Zagar will be Zagar.Will Cook continue where he left off last season and finally become a true heat leader home and away.Nicholls rode Kirky lane very very well will he be as good on the new track.Fricke,S and R Worrall and jacobs all have potential to be better but will they.

So as i say its very hard to predict what this team will do there are to many unknown factors so i will not predict anything i will just wait and see.

1. Matej Zagar

Unpredictable either score 15 or 1 just depends on which Zagar turns up if at all.

2. Max Fricke

A good young talent but for me will struggle on the big track at the national stadium , always ridden smaller more technical tracks in uk.

3. Scott Nicholls

Rejuvenated in 2015 & could continue that in 2016 but will never be held in high regard by myself after turning his back on Team GB.

4. Richie Worrall

He looked such a prospect 2 years ago but seems to have all fallen apart for Richie he has lost all his drive & confidence he is my prediction to be the first rider replaced in the league.

5. Craig Cook

Has real potenital to become a number 1 in this league but his lack of continental racing upto until now could hinder his progress huge season for the not so young Mr Cook if he wants to become a GB regular.

6. Steve Worrall

One of the better EDR riders who should score solidly.

7.Joe Jacobs

After taken a year out of the sport he is going to need to catch upto speed very fast but always seems to me to lack ambition & see's it more of a hobby then a profession. I also think the fact he has no PL place could hinder his improvment due to lack of meetings.

That is my reasoning behind going against the majority & putting BV 6th . Some people may agree but i suspect most won't that is the beauty of a forum. Differing opinions.

Like Boxall, Jacobs won't last the season. Replaced by April.

It's very odd that the Bookmakers can price up odds on this years Derby. Most of them have up to 50 horses quoted yet there are still 475 horses left in the races

There are around 125 horses still engaged in this years Grand National yet most bookmakers do not even list half of them. As you say how can they possibly price up an event if you leave one out

I have not seen your price yet for Kings Lynn

how

Even for you it's quite simple ...all the El teams are confirmed runners and will take part unlike the runners in the derby or the GN at the moment ...the bottom line is you missed out kl by mistake ..just admit it move on rather than making a fool of yourself .

Edited by orion

don't see beyond poole myself.. they wont hesitate in strengthening if need be, and will

always do whats needed..would like to think the bees could be in contention,probably

sentimental reasons, as think Brandon is wonderful stadium and shame its going.

I think our 2-5 look pretty good but with weak reserves compared to others and no number one we are looking at a bottom half finish.

I predict that every meeting you turn up for will be against the same team you rode against last week or a different club but with the same riders in it :lol:

• Like 1