British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Sayfutdinov On Sgp -" I'll Be Back"

Maybe if the BSI started paying riders properly then this wouldn't happen.

How much would that be?

Perhaps the same as they would get for a 15 pt max at the best paid Polish Club EACH, every meeting, maybe .....

Perhaps the same as they would get for a 15 pt max at the best paid Polish Club EACH, every meeting, maybe .....

Which team is that one, the one that actually pay's :lol:

• Like 1

The series is a MUCH poorer place without him. I for one hope he's give a wild card for next year. After coming 3rd in his debut season & nearly winning it in 2013, he had some horrendous injuries, plus the death of his father and being cheated out of a ridiculous amount of money by his old polish team. I cannot blame him for not wanting the added pressure of the GP's. Also, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. If it's true about the amount of pressure that was being put on him, then it's no shock he's chose to sit out. We can all sit here and say I wouldnt care about the money I'd want to be world champion. But it's a very different scenario when you have a wife, young kid to provide for and bills to pay.

Let's just hope he's back in it sooner or later. I can only imagine how good a series with Tai, Emil & Darcy would have been. So sad we'll never get to see it again.

Edited by RPNYC
  • Like 1

Emil is box office.You don't ask him to qualify.It would be like asking Marlon Brando to do an audition :party:

• Like 3

They should make him an offer he can't refuse.

• Like 1

Emil is box office.You don't ask him to qualify.It would be like asking Marlon Brando to do an audition :party:

I would make him qualify, he chose to walk away.

I'd love to see him back in the series, sounds like he should qualify though if he turned down two wildcard offerings. That being said as long as they do wildcards if he was willing it would be tough to ignore him.

First of all I think Emil is a class act and I would love to see him in the GP series. Being new to the sport and not knowing about the advantage of unlimited money to spend on equipment and being a mediocre rider vs. a great rider who can't afford the best equipment and of course the best tuners. I'm just asking could this be part of Emils reluctance to enter the GP? Do all 16 riders have equal equipment? And of course there's the crew that must be very expensive to have for the season.

Emil has absolutely no disadvantage in terms of equipment, in fact it has always been quite the opposite.

He is also not short of money.

He is not riding in the GP because he does as he is told, it's that simple.

Family life? That's the oldest excuse in the book.

Plenty of time for family when you're retired. Most speedway riders have short careers and a few years at most when they're at their best - you have to make hay whilst the sun shines.

It's far more about his lords and masters dictating for whom he should ride.

You are of course correct... BUT in a way, family is about the most honest Emil has been about this entire situation.

Not riding in the GP's ensures his family is safe.

Not riding in the GP's ensures his family is safe.

WOW! That can be interpreted SO wrong... If it even needs interpreting... :o:shock:

WOW! That can be interpreted SO wrong... If it even needs interpreting... :o:shock:

I think you're interpreting it exactly as you're meant to.

If you think about it, why the hell would one of the World top 3 riders not be riding in the GP series over 11 rounds but happy to ride in the SEC and the pairs over 7 rounds? Does that 4 meetings really make a difference to his schedule? Someone is clearly making him ride SEC/Best Pairs and not the GPs. I means Best Pairs FFS, who is going to remember or even care who won that in 5 years time? They may remember his Euro titles but so what? Best of a load of second rate riders. I'd rather have top 8 GP finish than an Euro title.

Ales Dryml won the european championship, need we say more on how the title is rated.

No disrespect to Ales, but agree with SCB above, second rate riders at best.

GP's is where the best is.

• Like 1

I think and have heard that Emil will be in the series next year hope so we will see? For me without Darcy he is the best rider in the world and he would be in front of Darcy just.Emil,Darcy,Tai what an era there could of been but i would put Emil Darcy / over Tai.

Edited by Sidney the robin

I think and have heard that Emil will be in the series next year hope so we will see? For me without Darcy he is the best rider in the world and he would be in front of Darcy just.Emil,Darcy,Tai what an era there could of been but i would put Emil Darcy / over Tai.

I damn well hope so. The sport is on it's arse at domestic level so the one thing really still attracting me is the GPs. We've had a few good seasons now (generally - if you gloss over the Poland farce last year) but if Emil was in it then IMO it would only be better for it.

The only reason I watch the SEC is for Emil and I fear that someone knows that and it's why they're forcing him (through money of threats) to be there. Remove Emil and what does the SEC have? Just Nicki P and I get the impression that Nicki wants to win everything, even a friendly game of monopoly or snap with his kids - but certainly not at the expense of being World Champion!

Edited by SCB