British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZODIAK

Ipswich Vs Scunthorpe March 17th 7.30pm

Well done to Scunny, fully deserving of the win.

Witches provide 10 heat winners and they get no back up whatsoever, not one bonus point earned by an Ipswich rider the whole night.

I know people will say it's only the first meeting but it currently looks as though we have a long tail end and I'm sorry to say it but Paco looks ridiculously slow.

Darryl got a few points so must be reasonably pleased.

I'm sure Sarj will be much better than he showed tonight as will Lewis Kerr also.

Danny did his job, credit to Morten as well and Nico did ok given the shocking track prep.

And why would we set up a track that's impossible to pass on the outside because there's no dirt or grip of any kind? Your guess is as good as mine.

It could be a long tough season if we don't get the basics right and that was the perfect example of how to get things badly wrong!

Onwards and upwards, hopefully.

• Like 1

Well I am not Suprised by a few things from this result like Castagna 0 and Sarjeant struggling as a second string.

Ipswich are going to rely too much on the top four scoring big points and by that I mean 38+ as the other three will do well to get 8 between them.

Scunthorpe look to have a much more balanced line up and having Wilkinson at reserve was the match winner here and Davies scoring well.

Will they be able to repeat this elsewhere or was the key factor Ipswich were battling with just 5 riders and making Scunthorpe look better than they are.

I can Think of a few young Brits looking for team places and think Ipswich will have to look again at the balance of the team and who isn't ready for the position in the team .

It says on the official webssite that Morten has broken the second metatarsal in his right foot, and will be seeing the doctor in the morning. Could be out for a few weeks alledgedly!!

it's now 19.46 on updates and no result of first heat. thought it started at 19.30 plus the minutes silence for those departed since the end of season, god bless.

Parade is 7.30, first race starts at 7.45.

• Like 1

Get in Scorps!!

Hard to believe some poor deluded souls thought the Witches could score 60 against us :D

All the best

Rob

• Like 3

Didnt see that coming!

Is this the season Alex Davies fulfils his undoubted potential?!!!

Good on the scorps and good on Lewis Kerr getting a win under his belt. Hope he has a great season.

Alarm bells must be ringing already at Ippp, thats a disgraceful score from Castanga

Very disappointing home performance though credit to Scunthorpe, Davies is a much better rider than he has shown on previous visits, with a bit more luck and far better gating we may have got a draw, Sargeant will get better and Lewis did ok on his return to competitive racing and will also improve and Ritchings was steady but Paco unfortunately was way off the pace, much worse than Jari Makinen was when he joined and he had other issues. The tail looks as long as was feared by many. Hopefully Morten is not too badly injured so he can ride on Sunday. if they choose to replace Paco then options are short but the obvious option is the Manager as his average fits!

Problem is Ipswich have one reserve in there team and he rides at number 2. 6 and 7 were always going to be poor. Scunthorpe still look a bottom 3 team

Are you really suggesting sacking Paco after ONE meeting (granted terrible) maybe bike problems, set up problems, very slick track problems, injury problems, I don't know but give him some time please.

Before I am accused of being a Ipswich fan, I not, but he is in my Fantasy Team (now Im unhappy as well)

By my reckoning, there was one pass after the first-half lap all night. Lewis Kerr passed Zdenek Holub in Heat 3, as Holub was learning a brand new track. The Z man was good after that, including a cracking ride to keep Covatti at bay in Heat 7.

The racing was awful - the track had no dirt and one line. And not sure what's going on with the Ipswich suits - half the team are in yellow and half in green :D

Still, I went home with a huge smile on my face, after a great performance by the Scorpions - it was seven riders against four, and the seven won. Alex Davies could be in for a big year, but every Scorpion contributed last night, including a very neat ride from young Josh Bailey in Heat 2.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Are you really suggesting sacking Paco after ONE meeting (granted terrible) maybe bike problems, set up problems, very slick track problems, injury problems, I don't know but give him some time please.

Before I am accused of being a Ipswich fan, I not, but he is in my Fantasy Team (now Im unhappy as well)

i agree he can't be sacked after 1 meeting, but as I've said on here before he is not very good at all, i watched him couple of times last year and at the 16 lapper he was pathetic, i still don't know why Chris Louis would sign someone who performed that bad, if Ritchings takes your last ride then you know how rubbish you are,(Ritchings did very good last night) he needs to wake up and realise he isn't as good as he thinks, I've read recently that he wants to put Italy back on the world scene in Speedway, the only time he is getting on the world speedway scene if he is cooking pasta for team GB and he also said he can do what Nico did last year, well you need to wake up son.

I thought paco was going to struggle with a grippy track, but maybe it's the slick he will struggle with or maybe both. I did notice that once he makes his start he completely shuts off and loses 5 metres straigt away. Having said that he done so much better than I thought he would. I knew he would get a full house of zeros but thought he would be half a lap behind not a quarter.

Gutted for morten, I think he will be brilliant at number 4.

Edited by baldyman