British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZODIAK

Ipswich Vs Scunthorpe March 17th 7.30pm

Brilliant result for the Scorpions and especially Davies, plus Bailey on his debut! Wilko at reserve is a bonus and I don't think they'll lose too much scoring power when Holub drops down once he's got used to the tracks but I'm less sure that Lyager will match Klindt's scoring potential and I expect him to drop to reserve. Anyway Rob got the team fired up well last night and a very good opportunity to get out the group now. I look forward to watching the return on Sunday!

Lovely lad Paco, but at this moment he just not ready and the way the league is structured at the moment things are not going to get any better.

The clue I guess was how easily Sheffield let Ipswich take Paco and it was not just a loan deal they sold him.

Good win for Scunthorpe will be interesting to see how the group unfolds and how they fare against different opposition.

For Ipswich I don't think they need to press the panic button just yet James Sarjeant will have faf better nights, but they may need to keep a close look at the reserves which is going to be a weak spot in the team.

as a Scorpions fan I'm delighted with the away win ,but c'mon folks this was just one meeting so I don't think it's panic time in the Witches camp just yet.Should be a cracker of a meeting on Sunday with the Witches out for revenge and the Scorpions keen to prove that Thursdays result was no fluke,i cant wait!

• Like 1

Well after the performance last night ive decided im not going next week! wink

• Like 2

Track was very void of some dirt last night .

How can the Witches management starve what is probably their most excitable rider in Covatti of any dirt to ply his trade on .

Makes me laugh but as a few comments said last night in the stand that Tungate would have loved that billiard smooth track !

probably to starve 4 or 5 riders in the scorps camp that likes the dirt

Well after the performance last night ive decided im not going next week! wink

After last night, maybe CL should stage a meeting next week to enable the riders to have some more track time. Looking at the fixtures for next Thursday, Lewi Kerr would be missing, but it would give Sarjeant, Castagna and Ritchings some valuable track time.

I don't know why Sarjeant wasn't on the Italy trip, but he's started the season stone cold compared to the rider who finished last season, not finishing ahead of an opponent in 8 heats. Maybe the new starting arrangements haven't helped? Hopefully tonight he'll show some spark of an upturn. I don't think having to attend Lakeside's P&P in the morning helped Lewi Kerr's preparation for the evening meeting and it will take him awhile to get used to the Jawa. Castagna on Jawas too. Darryl did everything expected and was probably very nervous in Heat 2. Settled and with a great attitude and approach will steadily accumulate his points. Will be interesting to see how he goes at Somerset tonight. With Morten's injury, I guess Danyon Hume may be seen in a Witches race-jacket sooner than expected.

OK, early days, but with a competitive LC Group maybe there is something to be said for a Challenge match to start the season...

probably to starve 4 or 5 riders in the scorps camp that likes the dirt

And still take the win !!

Paco to get a 4 race maximum

dont you just love it when a plan comes together eh!!

Davies was the difference - usually hates the place and 6/7 wouldve been considered a decent score for him.

To knock in 13 was superb and turned the scoreline on its head.

Amazing what a word in the ear from the right person at the right time can do.

I wasn't suggesting we sack him after one meeting we need to give the side the League Cup campaign probably to see if there is improvement but if there isn't then we need to be looking for options now and not waiting until June & July when it will be too late (I appreciate the options are very limited). I agree that Chris needs to find something to stage next week just for the essential track time in a competitive meeting rather than just practice (maybe the race format of the qualifying of the 16 Lapper meeting) or a select meeting. At this stage of the season we would hopefully be able to raise 6 or 7 other riders to take part (especially as Danyon Hume could be one of them) and if a few of them are of 6 and 7 standard then the two reserves will be racing against a similar type of rider as heat 2. It probably won't happen though as I imagine it would be a big loss maker through the turnstiles.

I think a few need to calm down a bit here. Pretty concerning I agree especially as I still maintain Scunny are one of the weaker sides in the league so it's obviously a concern to get turned over comfortably at home by them.

But it's one meeting and an opening one at that. Let's give it a few more at least before claiming anyone was right or wrong about the team/certain riders.

The track was a disgrace though I'm sorry. The P&P pictures looked to show that the track was devoid of any decent material and so it proved last night.

Not blaming the track man, after all he can only work on what he's given to work with.

And that's blatantly not a lot!