British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Coventry Es First Leg 16/03/16

Newman is at his level now.

Beating fellow fast tracks wont bring him on. At least Garritys gone for it and tried the main body of the team.

Newmans heavy el scoring may look impressive on the eye, but down in the pl his form is a lot more realistic. A third heat leader at the best. Imo.

Once he moves into the top 5 at poole, see how he goes then.

And reading these posts regarding Woryna, its almost as if the Coventry fans want him to fail!!

He isnt the problem, much hinges on KK picking up form. Coupled with the fact King is not a heatleader, and your reserves are pants,theres a few bigger problems than Woryna

• Like 5

Agree with most of that!!

Except Ellis didn't have an e/f in heat 2 - he miscounted the laps as he explained when interviewed at the end!! ("4 laps at Lakeside is like 3 at Poole"!!) :D

Also I think Woryna was the star for Bees. I really can't understand the so-called Bees fans writing him off before he'd even ridden a race. The kid will get better given some decent support and encouragement, as I said when he was signed.

This Polish lad i work with,says Woryna is really keen to do well and after settling in could do quite well his performances in Poland are quite encouraging as well he could surprise this year.

Newman is at his level now.

Beating fellow fast tracks wont bring him on. At least Garritys gone for it and tried the main body of the team.

Newmans heavy el scoring may look impressive on the eye, but down in the pl his form is a lot more realistic. A third heat leader at the best. Imo.

Once he moves into the top 5 at poole, see how he goes then. And reading these posts regarding Woryna, its almost as if the Coventry fans want him to fail!!

He isnt the problem, much hinges on KK picking up form. Coupled with the fact King is not a heatleader, and your reserves are pants,theres a few bigger problems than Woryna

totally agree about Newman to good to be a number 7 in the elite but only just about a heat leader in the premier. Some Poole fans think he is the second coming and is the future of Team GB. Can't see how in anyway Newman can ever make a squad
  • Like 1

If Garrity had stayed at reserve that might well have been possible. That decision will cost the Bees dearly this year imo..

Agreed but at least Garrity has the balls to move up into the top five and try and improve himself. That's what Newman should be doing but either hasn't got the balls or is being protected by the Poole management!

• Like 1

Agreed but at least Garrity has the balls to move up into the top five and try and improve himself. That's what Newman should be doing but either hasn't got the balls or is being protected by the Poole management!

But reserves can now move up and Garrity still didnt want to be an EDR. Only thing I can think of its about money and didn't want an EDR wage but I bet other EDR are not on a fixed rate.

• Like 3

Have to say it was a cracking meeting. 6 of the lads showed fire in their belly and really wanted the win, Davey looked like he would have rather been sat at home on the sofa with a beer in his hand, he was awful!

Very impressed with Hans although that move in heat 15 was very harsh and also the earlier move on Bomber, but good to see riders putting it about and having a good go, not shutting off when someone gets near.

Looking forward to next Friday when we smash the Robins :)

totally agree about Newman to good to be a number 7 in the elite but only just about a heat leader in the premier. Some Poole fans think he is the second coming and is the future of Team GB. Can't see how in anyway Newman can ever make a squad

No chance will he. I like Newman, but he is way too over hyped on here.

He'll continue to clean up as a fast track, but the day he steps up into the team (you have to wonder if that day will ever come!) he will be exposed.

He'll get slaughtered by heat leaders and second strings, home and away.

As much as I also think to some extent Garrity is overrated, at least he showed ambition and moved up. Hed make more money as a reserve, banging in maximums as a reserve will earn him more than 2,3,4 and 5 pt returns as a second string.

Garrity imo is too wreckless and wild to go right to the top of the sport, but he is at least trying to better himself.

I dont see how Newmans progressing towards a squad in team gb by being a 6.5 pl man and a fast track rider. Same goes for Worrall, although in fairness hes improving rapidly in the pl.

He will be in the team proper when the first set of new averages get released, don't see what the issue is? Much more sensible than the garrity approach imhi.

Absolutely spot on. Another foresight by Matt Ford.

You have gone from one extreme to another there Gav! Kyle is not the 'second coming' and as far as I can ascertain I've not seen any Poole supporters say he is. He will however hold his own as a second string at home, maybe not away so much, should he move up. That is a real Poole supporters honest opinion.

• Like 3

No chance will he. I like Newman, but he is way too over hyped on here.

He'll continue to clean up as a fast track, but the day he steps up into the team (you have to wonder if that day will ever come!) he will be exposed.

He'll get slaughtered by heat leaders and second strings, home and away.

As much as I also think to some extent Garrity is overrated, at least he showed ambition and moved up. Hed make more money as a reserve, banging in maximums as a reserve will earn him more than 2,3,4 and 5 pt returns as a second string.

Garrity imo is too wreckless and wild to go right to the top of the sport, but he is at least trying to better himself.

I dont see how Newmans progressing towards a squad in team gb by being a 6.5 pl man and a fast track rider. Same goes for Worrall, although in fairness hes improving rapidly in the pl.

Unless I've gone senile, I remember reading somewhere that it was Matt Ford who really wanted Kyle to remain in the EDR position at the start of 2016 for team building purposes. Kyle was a bit reluctant, but knows that he can move up should averages allow so that is why he remained at No. 7 All these 'he has no ambition' posts are way off the mark!!

• Like 3

Garrity's approach is pretty selfish tbh. He has really messed the Coventry team up.

• Like 2

But reserves can now move up and Garrity still didnt want to be an EDR. Only thing I can think of its about money and didn't want an EDR wage but I bet other EDR are not on a fixed rate.

It's stupid. If it was because Garrity didnt want to take the EDR pay rate, set up a "sponsorship deal" to makeup the shortfall.

• Like 2

Garrity was wanted at reserve and refused so why didnt newman?

• Like 2

Garrity was wanted at reserve and refused so why didnt newman?

Because Kyle is a team man, Garrity isn't.

It's stupid. If it was because Garrity didnt want to take the EDR pay rate, set up a "sponsorship deal" to makeup the shortfall.

I can only say its down to his ambition to go further in the sport. Pissing about as a fast track rider wont help that.

Good on him.

Because Kyle is a team man, Garrity isn't.

Rubbish.

Its simply down to money. Newman wont be on pennys riding at reserve and as long as he continues to rack up maximums from there, hell make a small fortune.

• Like 1