British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -v Wolves 25-03-16 Good Fiday

It's unbelievable (well, actually its not given their history) that after promising a statement at 9am on Wednesday morning, nothing has been forthcoming.

Do they not understand anything about damage control?

At the very least, issue something stating there will be a delay due to legal complexities.

Belle Vue said they would release news on Wednesday, that today.
In the meantime we've had a mystery person at Cradley and Toby Lerone both give out "information".
The way you guys lap it up on here I can't help thinking that my Nigerian uncle can get himself out of his current finance problems. He's a prince you know.

I'm beginning to wonder if Ouch/DropaCog/FredFlance/Flubber are actually Belle Vue fans as they seem determined to continue to drag out and escalate threads about their club as much as possible.

• Like 1

BV v Poole now 27th April - still live on Sky.

Planning to have any Belle Vue hme fixture live on Sky atm is surely asking for more egg in the face?! Not to mention the bad (sorry even more)publicity for the sport over here?

According to Belle Vue's main sponsor no decision has yet been made.

The David Gordon statement said that an inspection would be made at 9am this morning and a decision would be made, not that it would be announced at 9am. It sounds to me that a decision one way or the other is not clear cut and that further work and or testing is required.

Planning to have any Belle Vue hme fixture live on Sky atm is surely asking for more egg in the face?! Not to mention the bad (sorry even more)publicity for the sport over here?

They could send Louis and Tatum for a track inspection a week before!

According to Belle Vue's main sponsor no decision has yet been made.

The David Gordon statement said that an inspection would be made at 9am this morning and a decision would be made, not that it would be announced at 9am. It sounds to me that a decision one way or the other is not clear cut and that further work and or testing is required.

And it takes nearly 3 hours to say 'we are just going to do some more work and test but at the moment meeting is on etc...' For example. Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

There is a track inspection at 1pm. Not 9am as stated previously.

The match is not OFF despite what Cradley and Edinburgh say.

Clubs need to find out off belle vue if its off or not. Not hearsay which is what they have gone off apparently.

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

Clubs need to find out off belle vue if its off or not. Not hearsay which is what they have gone off apparently.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=2325

This is the Edinburgh statement in all its glory.

Belle Vue statement now issued, looks like 'hopefully' all systems go for Good Friday, as long as the track holds up from a practice tomorrow.

That IS excellent news and I just hope that they aren't rushing it and there are no problems on Friday.

Maybe invite the wolves riders down so we have no issues come friday?

• Like 1

Belle Vue statement now issued, looks like 'hopefully' all systems go for Good Friday, as long as the track holds up from a practice tomorrow.

That IS excellent news and I just hope that they aren't rushing it and there are no problems on Friday.

I agree this great news I hope it is an excellent meeting and the club and stadium enjoy much success and I was there on Saturday but don't believe the club set out to" con" anyone .Once the teething problems are ironed out we will have a new stadium that every speedway supporter can be proud of IMO Chris Morton and Mr Gordon have pulled off a monor miracle in getting this track/stadium built to the impressive standard that I witnessed on Saturday .

Edited by FAST GATER

So even CVS dosent know whats going on.

From this mornings Express and Star **

"Bosses at Wolverhampton Wolves speedway have confirmed Friday afternoon,s Elite League opener at Belle Vue is off"

"We wont be there on Friday,but they,ll certainly be here on Tuesday for our first match".

Hmm,, things are becoming murky.

It seems everyone, including two high ranking officials of the BSPA are/were under the impression that Good Friday is off.

Some Belle Vue lackeys on here got up in arms when this news was leaked and appeared to be very irate..

Surely Belle Vue aren't continuing to act like children and have issued their statement today to stick two fingers up and say they are all wrong.... only to then postpone it tomorrow...

• Like 1

Wonder if the SCB will launch an urgent investigation into Edinburgh and Wolverhampton over these sorry episodes which are a major embarrassment and a massive setback to the sport in this country?

It could have a negative impact on every other club throughout the UK if clubs go announcing that another club's fixtures have been postponed even though they're clearly still shown on the BSPA's own website.

• Like 5

Maybe invite the wolves riders down so we have no issues come friday?

Probably the most sensible suggestion to date, which is why it will never happen.

So even CVS dosent know whats going on.

From this mornings Express and Star **

"Bosses at Wolverhampton Wolves speedway have confirmed Friday afternoon,s Elite League opener at Belle Vue is off"

"We wont be there on Friday,but they,ll certainly be here on Tuesday for our first match".

It seems strange that Wolves, Edinburgh & Cradley all say they have been told it's off. One club way get it wrong but all 3??