British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Scunthorpe - Plc Friday 1st April

well they do say ignorance is bliss........

So what were you getting at with you original comment?

Solid all round performance from the Panthers but sure there will be harder tasks to come. However, I cannot see us being beaten at the Showground. Particularly pleased with Tom Perry and we look strong whoever is in the other reserve berth.NBJ did well to hold on to his bike in heat 15. Well done Panthers.

Great all round team performance 1 to 7 from the Panthers, my only grouse was whoever is in charge of turning the grandstand lights on and off in between races was a bit more consistant , its, not easy trying to fill in race details in the dark and only to find when they are lining up for the next race suddenly the lights are switched on,. Everything else was good shame if we can't get little things like this right , oh well I suppose we could all bring torches

• Like 1

So what were you getting at with you original comment?

well if you cant work out the words there seems little point in adding numbers to the debate......

Hopefully Holub will be fit to rode on Thursday for you and it wont matter. Always good to have a plan B though...

• Like 1

well if you cant work out the words there seems little point in adding numbers to the debate......

Hopefully Holub will be fit to rode on Thursday for you and it wont matter. Always good to have a plan B though...

Seems im not the only one that thinks your making no sense

Obviously realised you were talking utter beau locks else you would be so kind and explain

Seems im not the only one that thinks your making no sense

Obviously realised you were talking utter beau locks else you would be so kind and explain

as the old saying goes....

.....I'll let you know later.

After a 6hr round trip from Bradford including a detour off the closed A1 @ the A639 junction on the way home! I am left feeling a bit beat up after that mauling and questioning my own sense of reason. Panthers were on another planet so much so even the rider formerly programned at Scunthorpe as Tom Perry0 is now known as Tom Perry8+2!.

I sat in the mainstand surrounded by the Panthers faithful and it was uncomfortable viewing from the off. Showground is a big flat out track but the Scorps were just flat out there or have Peterborough just got themselves some cracking riders this season in Ostergaard; Porsing;MPT; NBJ and the excellent Grondal. I had hunch he would be good;but pumped for Wilko in my Fantasy Team; I might be shuffling earlier than anticipated on the evidence last night !

Time and again the Panthers outgated us and were set up by turn one. There was very little passing in the meeting such was their supremacy yes and thats including Tom Perry8+2. At this rate its going to get a bit boring at the Showground because few will be able to contain their top five there this season. Certainly there was little speedway going on last night for the connossieur.

But back to the Scorps; guest Rich Hall has apologised as he was unwell. MPT ruled Zeddy out the meeting in Ht3 riding into him. Awkward one and sent Zee zee over-the Top ! Looks like a shoulder so we might have to shuffle ? This meant a busy night for young Josh who will at least have learnt a bit. Old-er Josh tried hard to go with the Panthers but quick off the mark they always had the edge and he was often chasing their tails.

Ryan was our only saving grace really winning the re-run of Ht10 after Lambert slid off but it was over by then. I was thinking; had this been a boxing match the ref would have probably stepped in to save us !. It could have been worse as we were effectively gifted two shared Hts.

When I look at current day 15Ht matches I always ark back to the 13Ht formulae to get the true impact of it. Last night was a 20-58 reverse in old currency; so it had me recalling 1972 and the pan handlings the Saints would take !.

Alex and Wilko tried to give it a go but again chasing tails as the Panthers stormed away. Wilko was interviewed and mentioned having to re-learn to ride a track on a new set up. I suppose theres a point there so the away team is on hiding really because your having to re-learn the track on the job while the home riders are all dialled in adding further to the degree of difficulty! Insightful words from Wilko and explains somewhat.

Panthers will take some stopping this season; Porsing is Elite quality and Grondals going to be big in my book. Would Nicolai have made any difference well it was a bit of a gaters paradise; with Hall under the weather he could surely have faired no worse.

So where to from here is it down to the lake I fear...err No ! lets regroup check the wounded; dust ourselves off and get ready to face this lot at the EWR next week because they wont be mucking about. Panthers top five are going to be a handful round the EWR and the rider formerly known as Tom Perry0 !

Good write up but KLINDT would have loved that type of track and Hall replacing him was a big mistake.

Panthers were all class and as everyone says if we had avoided the mistakes and bike problems it would have been 70 plus quite easily. Anyway it's early doors and no ones getting carried away but it's a very promising start.

One question - How on earth did Scunthorpe win at Ipswich.

• Like 3

Good write up but KLINDT would have loved that type of track and Hall replacing him was a big mistake.

Panthers were all class and as everyone says if we had avoided the mistakes and bike problems it would have been 70 plus quite easily. Anyway it's early doors and no ones getting carried away but it's a very promising start.

One question - How on earth did Scunthorpe win at Ipswich.

Said the same thing last night, how did Ippo lose at home to Scunny?

Important next 2 meetings now, Home to Sheffield and Away to Scunny, win those and were in a pole position for qualification going into the Ippo meetings.

As a Scunny supporter I have asked myself that same question. I've come to the conclusion that the new season results for us and probably Ipswich has been down to track conditions. We have some good racers in the Scunny team believe me and we are lucky to watch some fantastic speedway at EWR but last week our track was watered and then a shower of rain turned it into a mud bath, hardly any over-taking, it didn't suit our riders. I agree Klindt would have made a difference at Peterboro he's a gater, as for R. Hall guesting, its what I expected. He's not the rider he used to be.

• Like 1

Trying to read the cryptic messages on here about Holub, i & even Rob has mentioned that Holubs CMA would drop. To what extent we did not envisage. To think it's manipulation of averages you only have to read the reports in previous meetings. The first 2, this year, Holub has been riding with Davies who had great meetings, taking points off & outscoring him. We then find out his engines have been too powerful for our slick/wet track meetings so has struggled for set-ups(as have others). To think just because Holub withdrew from the meeting, that the rest of the team should lower their CMA by having a poor meeting just does not come into it "by doing the sums". They all have to earn a living & that performance would have been a poor pay day.

• Like 3

Fair play to Peterborough, the better team on the night. Im sure if Nic wasn't on EL commitments, the score would have been different. Rich Hall unwell, credit to him for even racing. Ryan and the 2 Josh's did their jobs, especially young Josh Bailey, he has a good racing head on such young shoulders, and is more than doing his job at reserve. Hope Zeberdoo is not too badly injured and can ride on Thursday. As for Wilko, he could do with a couple weeks off, broken collarbone and still riding is only going to weaken us. Hope we can make a better job at Sheffield and at home to the Panthers next week