British Speedway Forum
SCB

No Woffinden....

Over the last few seasons he has turned his back on almost anything to do with British Speedway, When the SWC comes around you will see him spending more time with his Aussie mates than he will with his British team mates. What ever happened the other year when he threatened to pull out of British Speedway full stop if the BPSA and SCB didn't listen to what he had to say and do what he told them to do, did they tell him to go away in no polite terms.

Would not be at all suprised if he decides to call in a sicky a couple of days before the SWC, and go to Aus for a month holiday due to stress problems, he has just gotton to big for his boots. Noone is biggter than the sport or so they say.

Will he come limping back to ride here when he starts to get older and the Swedes and Poles no longer want his services. If that was the case I would tell him to take a long walk.

He's about as British as Skippy the Kangaroo, but good luck to him, it's a short career, and he should look after number 1.

Comedy post of 2016 so far! Congratulations :t:

Not so, this is clearly the view of many on here.

Propose those feeling that way email Chapman and Rossiter and advocate TW is not selected for Team GB unless he reverses his decision.

How can 2 meetings burn him out ?

• Like 2

British Championship ? As The saying goes you cant polish a turd.

Time it went the same way as the Golden Helmet, KO Cup etc.

He shouldn't have accepted the GB captaincy if he's going to always look after number 1. A captain needs to show commitment to GB events and do that little bit extra.

Don't think anyone's mentioned Emil Sayfutdinov yet.

One of the greatest riders in the world choosing not to take part in the sport's highest competition.

But it's BSI's baby, doesn't help our leagues.

Over the last few seasons he has turned his back on almost anything to do with British Speedway, When the SWC comes around you will see him spending more time with his Aussie mates than he will with his British team mates. What ever happened the other year when he threatened to pull out of British Speedway full stop if the BPSA and SCB didn't listen to what he had to say and do what he told them to do, did they tell him to go away in no polite terms.

Would not be at all suprised if he decides to call in a sicky a couple of days before the SWC, and go to Aus for a month holiday due to stress problems, he has just gotton to big for his boots. Noone is biggter than the sport or so they say.

Will he come limping back to ride here when he starts to get older and the Swedes and Poles no longer want his services. If that was the case I would tell him to take a long walk.

Off a short pier!!!, I hope, not heard that saying in years!!!

"Take a long walk off a short pier"

Its sad when a person who wanted to reach the top used the British speedway scene as it was his way really into the sport, stuck his middle finger up and really didn't want to be at wolves in 2014 or his scores and form didn't reflect somebody who was and then this is the 2 fingered salute. We are talking about an extremely fit 25 year old man who thinks 2 extra meetings is going to cause burn out? Does he think we are that gullible to accept that as a reason. For some reason I cant see Tai riding into his 30's, I may well be proved wrong but there is just something that kind of says he will do this for a couple more years and then call it a day and then head home to the sun. :lol:

It will be interesting to see the reaction he gets at Cardiff to be quite honest, it will be ok but not as it was last year. I hope the real Australian, Chris Holder is world Champion this season. Has shown apart from a short time great commitment to our league and with what he has been through the past few years nothing would be more fitting than seeing him as world champion once again.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 2

British Championship ? As The saying goes you cant polish a turd.

Time it went the same way as the Golden Helmet, KO Cup etc.

Why is it turd?

Don't think anyone's mentioned Emil Sayfutdinov yet.

One of the greatest riders in the world choosing not to take part in the sport's highest competition.

Choosing the money.

• Like 1

Well, what a disappointment. id followed Tai and spoke up for him numerous times on here, BUT, no longer. Is that one day going

to make or break his title bid? I very much doubt it..

He could of slightly helped his cause, by taking the mic at belle vue and telling his fans in person of his decision, but no, not gave

a toss about his "fans"...im just gutted I wasted £25 on his merchandise, cos I sure wont be putting anymore money in that direction.

chapman and rosco clearly don't want to speak out of line either!

Come on bomber, this can be the biggest incentive you ever had to put one over him now, I'm sure your the one the crowd will back

in Cardiff now.

As for above post backing his charity? don't bring that into it. It was done on HIS behalf, he chose to do it, WE gave the money!

I'm sure 90% on here has gone out and raised some kind of money for charity!

• Like 2

Fk Woffinden who needs the twit I wouldn't care if he decides to change nationality, you want to see a Brit that has Brit spirit look no further than Bomber ok not everyone's favourite but he is totally committed to the British cause.

Any reason given?

Yes he's more an Aussie than a Brit & no matter what spin Rosco gives on this it's a JOKE :mad:

Well, what a disappointment. id followed Tai and spoke up for him numerous times on here, BUT, no longer. Is that one day going

to make or break his title bid? I very much doubt it..

He could of slightly helped his cause, by taking the mic at belle vue and telling his fans in person of his decision, but no, not gave

a toss about his "fans"...im just gutted I wasted £25 on his merchandise, cos I sure wont be putting anymore money in that direction.

chapman and rosco clearly don't want to speak out of line either!

Come on bomber, this can be the biggest incentive you ever had to put one over him now, I'm sure your the one the crowd will back

in Cardiff now.

As for above post backing his charity? don't bring that into it. It was done on HIS behalf, he chose to do it, WE gave the money!

I'm sure 90% on here has gone out and raised some kind of money for charity!

Sorry Colin, can't agree with your comments here. Bomber gets slated by all & sundry on here for "not being good enough to be in the GP's", so I don't see everyone here standing up & cheering him on, when all he does is gets criticised. Your choice not support Woffinden & you are entitled to your view, but your comment concerning his charity work is odd. I don't think anyone else did the cycling for him, did they? Yes, we donated the money, but it was his commitment & profile that got us to do it. If you are suggesting he did that as a stunt, I think you are way off the mark. And you are right - he chose to do it, no one forced him to, it was his decision. How many other riders have?