British Speedway Forum

Everyday is a learning day and after decades of following the sport I'm always prepared to learn something new.

Riders don't get better results on their home track. I concede and point taken. Sorry if I came over as a troll.

We're not talking about 'riders' as a whole.

We are discussing specific riders, namely Tai Woffinden and the rivals of his for a British Title.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Edited by BWitcher

Harris and Nicholls were always a match for Tai at Wolves ..but as has been said on a bigger track with Tai on his best engines and attitude they would not stand a chance .

No idea how accurate this is but apparently (and surprisingly after reading the latest expert posts on this thread) woofindens average around monmore is much higher than any other British rider.

http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/Track/25

While he might be better on a bigger track he statistically is the best at monmore.

Unbelievable revelation!

Drop a Cog has discovered that the best rider in the world, 2 x World Champion is better than any other British rider around Monmore! :rofl:

Of course he's better, nobody has denied that. What has been said is he is better everywhere, period, end of story.

Everyday is a learning day and after decades of following the sport I'm always prepared to learn something new.

Riders don't get better results on their home track. I concede and point taken. Sorry if I came over as a troll.

i think you are completly missing the point. It is obvious riders will be better on their home track.

We know Woffinden will be good around Monmore it was his home track for a long time.

What we are trying to say is that Nicholls and Cook would be much better at Monmore then say Peterborough and would pose more of a threat at Monmore then at Boro.

No idea how accurate this is but apparently (and surprisingly after reading the latest expert posts on this thread) woofindens average around monmore is much higher than any other British rider.

http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/Track/25

While he might be better on a bigger track he statistically is the best at monmore.

Is it really wow never expected that!!

Another person totally not understanding the point being made.

If you look over most tracks in the last 3 years of Tai riding over here then im sure his average at most tracks will be more than any other British rider simply because he is the best British rider!!

What you fail quite clearly to see is that at Monmore or even Lakeside the other British riders have a better chance

I'm sure you are right. If you ignore the draft riders and rely on the website I quoted woofindens average at monmore was nearly a point better than the next best Brit, was it even more than a point better anywhere else?

Yes.

Coventry he is 1.3pts higher than the nearest, which was Chris Harris.

Woffindens results on big tracks over the last few years has been better than small tracks, even the GPs

his gating is pretty poor, but speed and riding ability would leave brits for dust on larger tracks

Your almost there. He did have to fill out a form but at the time he was struggling with an illness he got whilst snowboarding in the winter so his mind was elsewhere.

He was omitted from the qualifying rounds because of this. They then offered him a route back in but Mark the gentleman he is declined it as it wasnt fair on everyone else..

We recently enjoyed his presence at the Tatum and Pearson Talk-In, this seems so Mark by what he was saying ....

his gating is pretty poor, but speed and riding ability would leave brits for dust on larger tracks

Our boy, Lambert, will get there, he's in no hurry though . There will be others join him too I have no doubt

Ignoring the 60 bonus points Harris scored, yep you got me there.

Don't rise to it. Bewitcher is a troll nothing more. He spouts opinions as fact whilst disregarding all factual information from all sources and resorts to continued name calling and derogatory comments that only serve to attack the poster not the post.

He's now in my ignore box along with the racist and the bloke who's a bit "slow".

• Like 1

We recently enjoyed his presence at the Tatum and Pearson Talk-In, this seems so Mark by what he was saying ....

Our boy, Lambert, will get there, he's in no hurry though . There will be others join him too I have no doubt

I think Lambert will also leave British speedway behind when he gets good enough

Don't rise to it. Bewitcher is a troll nothing more. He spouts opinions as fact whilst disregarding all factual information from all sources and resorts to continued name calling and derogatory comments that only serve to attack the poster not the post.

He's now in my ignore box along with the racist and the bloke who's a bit "slow".

Well, that's my quiz done for the day to help keep my brain cells going. :lol:

• Like 1

Ever so slightly related, I remember travelling down to Coventry for the 1997 British Final.

The run-off between Mark Loram and Chris Louis was made for tremendous speedway.

• Like 1

In that case you will no doubt find this interesting. In 1981 Peter Collins, of whom a case could be out forward that he 'did his bit' for both Great Britain & England (as was), gave the British League (Division 1) a miss and was banned from taking part in qualification for the World Championship of that year, which included the British Final. Least Tai Woffinden had the option to enter the British Final should he have wished....

• Like 1

So Tai has announced on Twitter hecwont be taking part... Reasons to follow

................. perhaps he doesn't think the Belle Vue track will be ready in time.

• Like 2

In that case you will no doubt find this interesting. In 1981 Peter Collins, of whom a case could be out forward that he 'did his bit' for both Great Britain & England (as was), gave the British League (Division 1) a miss and was banned from taking part in qualification for the World Championship of that year, which included the British Final. Least Tai Woffinden had the option to enter the British Final should he have wished....

I remember being gutted he wasn't riding for us. It was announced a few weeks after he'd smashed his shoulder up during the ill fainted KO Cup final.

He didn't think he would be up to a full season in the UK and rode some meetings abroad instead before returning at the end of the season. He still gets gyp from his shoulder even now.

What with that and the uproar when Mark missed out there has been plenty of lobbying from fans to have these riders included and after all that Tai says "no thanks". Not good.

Ha ha you are right, I hold my hands up.

There is absolutely no factual information to suggest that Tai Woffinden is better than other British riders away from Monmore Green. :rofl:

• Like 1