British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hornsey

Lakeside V Leicester 1st April

Or maybe the fact he's now working for a confident, efficient team manager that actually knows what he's doing; sets high standards and ensures that riders achieve their potential?

You mean the same team manager as his team mate Hans Andersen whose high standards and potential were realised in his massive four point tally guesting for the same team as Adam in the same match tonight ?

pretty much what i've heard from people close to him , ( 11+1 at Swindon tonight )

What did the people close to his team mate Hans Andersen (4 points at Swindon tonight) tell you about the team manager then ?

Putting things not perspective, Andersen scored 11 at home against Swindon; 11+1 against Coventry. So what's your point?

The fact remains that Ellis is flying so far this year - both home and away. I'm no admirer of Fraud or Middleditch but what do you put this newly found confidence down to - Bob Martin tablets?

Ellis clearly had talent from when he first took to our track as a kid in 2012. The fact is that our Promotion, particularly his ex-manager Neil Vatcher, clearly couldn't get the best out of him; Poole (so far) have.

Putting things not perspective, Andersen scored 11 at home against Swindon; 11+1 against Coventry. So what's your point?

The fact remains that Ellis is flying so far this year - both home and away. I'm no admirer of Fraud or Middleditch but what do you put this newly found confidence down to - Bob Martin tablets?

Ellis clearly had talent from when he first took to our track as a kid in 2012. The fact is that our Promotion, particularly his ex-manager Neil Vatcher, clearly couldn't get the best out of him; Poole (so far) have.

Lee Richardson, Richard Lawson, and Lewis Bridger all didn't like the track when they joined the club. They all had to work at it and put mind over matter, and turn the track from one of their worst to one of their best. Similarly Freddie Lindgren is on record as saying he didn't like Wolves when he first went there but he knew if he mastered it he would be a better rider.

If a rider goes round saying he can't get on with a track he'll never get in with it.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 2

In Dave Watts time at Lakeside he spent quite a bit of time with both Richard Lawson and Adam, pointing out the best lines etc. Richard learned by it, Adam appears not to have done.

To be fair though, anyone who has followed Adams career knows that until fairly recently his big problem has been staying on the bike, and it's only now he seems to have mastered that aspect that he can make the progress that we all knew he was capable of. Adam is quite a tall lad for a Speedwáy rider and he has had to change his style quite a bit, he is now looking more compact and doing less of the Chris Holders. He has always been pretty good on the bigger tracks. That's part of the learning curve for a young rider, who is still only about 20 or so.

Edited by Daytripper

Or maybe the fact he's now working for a confident, efficient team manager that actually knows what he's doing; sets high standards and ensures that riders achieve their potential?

So, here we are, with you moaning about a Manager that isn't even there anymore. In any case, Neil Vatcher couldn't ride the track for Adam, so your ranting comes across as both pointless and out of date.

Voice of (T)reason, isn't it about time you stopped living in the past, looked to the future and let some of your overwhelming bitterness go and started supporting your alleged team, rather than posting negative twaddle at regular intervals?

Up the Hammers!

• Like 3

Weather's fine here at track, puter probs sorted. 1830hrs, meeting ON, might turn chilly though

So, here we are, with you moaning about a Manager that isn't even there anymore. In any case, Neil Vatcher couldn't ride the track for Adam, so your ranting comes across as both pointless and out of date.

Voice of (T)reason, isn't it about time you stopped living in the past, looked to the future and let some of your overwhelming bitterness go and started supporting your alleged team, rather than posting negative twaddle at regular intervals?

Up the Hammers!

I will be supporting them tomorrow night at Leicester. But, given our dire away support, will possibly be one of only a handful.

And I'll stand by the fact that I believe Adam's improvement is down to the fact of him now being under the leadership of a proven team manager; rather than someone who has not only never ridden a speedway bike competitively, but also appears to have considerable difficulty stringing a sentence together.

Finally, if my points of view don't tally with yours (or others) do you really think I give a toss? A forum such as this is about opinions. If you find that concept too difficult to understand, then maybe you are in the wrong place.

I will be supporting them tomorrow night at Leicester. But, given our dire away support, will possibly be one of only a handful.

And I'll stand by the fact that I believe Adam's improvement is down to the fact of him now being under the leadership of a proven team manager; rather than someone who has not only never ridden a speedway bike competitively, but also appears to have considerable difficulty stringing a sentence together.

Finally, if my points of view don't tally with yours (or others) do you really think I give a toss? A forum such as this is about opinions. If you find that concept too difficult to understand, then maybe you are in the wrong place.

So Middleditch has improved him that much in the one or two meetings he has had for Poole? That man really is a genius ;)

Martin Yeates was at Adam Ellis' side at Blunsdon. Vast experience as a rider, a good team manager and briefly promoter. He'd be likely to be a good mentor.

Decent meeting but AJ was different class, the pass around the outside in heat 13 followed by the cut back in heat 15 was worth the entrance fee alone, top class. All the top five did what they had to so it was a job well done. Kerr and Mear need to be better when Poole are in town. That's the best I've ever seen Ellis ride the track, well done to him, Poole will take some beating at reserve this season.

• Like 2

Just remind us when you last saw Adam ride at Lakeside ( if ever )?

head over to the new lakeside fans forum… they're going into overdrive over there. funny as hell

The new Lakeside forum you've just got a ban from for abuse ?