British Speedway Forum
george.m

Glasgow V Edinburgh - League Cup 3pm, 3rd April

Bewley didn't look big enough for the bike. I've never ridden a speedway bike, but I don't think I could have finished any further behind than he did. I know I would have finished more heats than Etheridge.

Went to the Stand for a change on Sunday and found it to have a great atmosphere and very comfortable.

Small part of the 1st bend obstructed but nothing too bad.

After seeing some folk covered in shale im glad I did.

Don't think I have ever seen anyone stay on a bike the way young Bewley did going round bends 3 & 4, it was frightening stuff to watch so I don't know how he felt afterwards.

tell you what, the kids all love that mascot !!

Edited by highroad119

Bewley didn't look big enough for the bike. I've never ridden a speedway bike, but I don't think I could have finished any further behind than he did. I know I would have finished more heats than Etheridge.

Was nick morris as little? I think nick was slightly taller give a inch or two the young lad Bewley will come good but it might take a while to get used to wrestling with a 500cc

Was nick morris as little? I think nick was slightly taller give a inch or two the young lad Bewley will come good but it might take a while to get used to wrestling with a 500cc

Similarities with Katajisto who was tentative when he first rode for Edinburgh but came good up to a certain level. Even managed an extra month at reserve when he really got going! EDI might be worth persevering with Bewley for longer than the 4 meetings to gain his registration then bank him for future use.

give dan a chance , he is young and keen as f@@k. it will be your loss . remember neil collins @ workington ? way behind and then all hell breaks loose after a trip to weymouth .

• Like 2

Riding a speedway bike is not easy or like riding a motocross bike. My mind is open on Bewley and Etheridge.

give dan a chance , he is young and keen as f@@k. it will be your loss . remember neil collins @ workington ? way behind and then all hell breaks loose after a trip to weymouth .

Ah Weymouth.

The memories come flooding back.

The downfall of many a poor boy.

not intellegent enough for mind games.

He's not the only one Gaz.

Not the only one.

;)

Edited by george.m

Similarities with Katajisto who was tentative when he first rode for Edinburgh but came good up to a certain level. Even managed an extra month at reserve when he really got going! EDI might be worth persevering with Bewley for longer than the 4 meetings to gain his registration then bank him for future use.

Bewley is on loan from Belle Vue so you wont be banking him.

• Like 1

As I've said previously we won't win anything this year. I see this year as more building for 2017 with the likes of Riss, Clegg, Etheridge and bewley.

As I've said previously we won't win anything this year. I see this year as more building for 2017 with the likes of Riss, Clegg, Etheridge and bewley.

I wonder how many of them will still be in the team come September

As he's quite local to Workington I wouldn't be surprised if he ditches Edinburgh and returns as your no;7 for 2017 season , he has no ties with the Monarch's he's a Belle Vue asset.

Do you really and I mean REALLY think all 4 will be back next year :o

this topic is heading for the thread of the season . keep it going .ol.

I couldn't tell you. As I mentioned, Sunday's meeting was the first I've attended at Ashfield for a while. Barring sporadic meetings here and there, I haven't been a regular at Ashfield for a few years.

My point was that, in my honest and arguably brutal opinion, Bewley isn't ready for Premier League speedway. It amazed me that Edinburgh's press and practice turned into a casting/audition session for their remaining race jacket as opposed to a team bonding session, but I'm even more amazed that Bewley impressed the Monarch's management most.

I appreciate that you have to start somewhere, but from my memory, the likes of Grant MacDonald, David McAllan and even Scott Courtney weren't that far off the pace in their debut meetings and subsequent seasons.

I'll be amazed if Bewley scores a single point against Berwick on Friday.