British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Raiders V Kent Sun 3rd April ~ After Premier Match At 3pm

Raiders may find this a tough first match against a strong Kent side that has strength in depth this year .. Raiders without Rob Branford still in Aussie i believe. ? .(Zach W..???........... cant spell it,,.from Somersett probably guesting ) and a long tail they will be doing well to hold the Kings, led by Luke Bowen and David Mason ,,the former Rye House riders, ,,supported by the entertaining Danny Ayers and James Shanes.... Raiders .Ben Morley and Luke Priest and Zach, will have some battles on their hands ,,Good luck and stay safe to all the riders....

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Raiders may find this a tough first match against a strong Kent side that has strength in depth this year .. Raiders without Rob Branford still in Aussie i believe. ? .(Zach W..???........... cant spell it,,.from Somersett probably guesting ) and a long tail they will be doing well to hold the Kings, led by Luke Bowen and David Mason ,,the former Rye House riders, ,,supported by the entertaining Danny Ayers and James Shanes.... Raiders .Ben Morley and Luke Priest and Zach, will have some battles on their hands ,,Good luck and stay safe to all the riders....

No Danny Ayres for Kent (riding for Glasgow).Mark Baseby comes in.

Got the look of a close meeting.

No Danny Ayres for Kent (riding for Glasgow).Mark Baseby comes in.

Got the look of a close meeting.

Zach Wajtknecht is the guest for Rob Branford with R/R for George Hunter.

If Ayres was riding i would have said this was a Kent certainty as he and Bowen obviously go well at Rye and the reserves have shown a liking for the place too.

The guests for both sides will do a decent job i reckon plus i strongly suspect Morley will be pretty rampant.

The slate is currently clean for the two Rye reserves to show what they can do but as the more experienced Eastbourne graduates have proven its certainly not easy.

Will be very odd seeing Luke Bowen as an away rider at Rye House. He should go through the card.

Slightly odd that Kent have gone for Mark Baseby over Luke Chessell who rode for the Raiders last year and was in good form for Cradley in the week. Until Ayres gets a new average it will be slim pickings for the Kings should they need guests who will adequately match his scoring though.

Shanes will need to be better than his previous showings at Rye, however the track changes could play into his hands and he should have the beating of any of the Raiders' bottom four.

Can only see an away win if the Kent riders carry on from where they left off against Eastbourne.

• Like 1

Did not think you could get a guest rider at number 1, until after he had ridden a meeting? Or has that rule been scrapped now?

Did not think you could get a guest rider at number 1, until after he had ridden a meeting? Or has that rule been scrapped now?

The MC can grant a 28 day facility if they see fit.

Funny how we have been screwed with the same rule 2 years running.

Assume we've been granted it because Branford was a Raider last season, therefore has made his debut for us. Kent should be winning this one regardless.

I think this could be far more tighter then expected. With No Ayres and a track that Shanes by his own admission can't ride, a lot of pressure on Mason Baseby and Clifton in the engine room.

Think Kent are too strong for a Raiders side carrying R/R. Expect them to win by at least 6 points.

I think this could be far more tighter then expected. With No Ayres and a track that Shanes by his own admission can't ride, a lot of pressure on Mason Baseby and Clifton in the engine room.

Providing all goes as expected Bowen should get the better of Waj, Morley will better Shanes & Priest should better Baseby.

However Mason will walk all over Woods and the reserves should have the upper hand on their respective opposites. Providing Clifton can adapt quickly i think Kent will be alright as barring points from Priest i see the Raiders getting very little from R/R which will be the deciding factor.

• Like 1

Good to see that Kings' supporters can get in for normal NL match prices after heat 14 of the PL match.

Agree Alan an excellent move by the promotion for those National league supporters who may not be able to afford the two meeting price,, or not interested in premier league racing,,,or indeed those taking a late sunday lunch..though to be honest a reasonable price for the double header....

Turnstiles for Raiders v Kent open at 4.30pm