British Speedway Forum

Not quite all Sky have done to be fair. The fixture was changed from Thursday to Wednesday to suit Sky who then had it changed again to Monday. That may or may not have entailed extra work and/or costs for either or both clubs but it's not exactly professional on Sky's part, they must know their schedules.

As for PR etc, I believe Neil Watson posted on Facebook that Sky announced it earlier than the clubs expected so I assume there was a plan as to when to announce it and Sky jumped the gun.

In case anyone is interested in the weather, some rain overnight but no puddles this am and it's been light rain off and on since 0800.

Sky haven't cancelled anything.

The clubs are the ones making the decisions.

• Like 1

Just been studying the weather models/pressure charts/convective outlook and tomorrows weather is a real problem.. especially the further east you get in the UK.

We've had a bit of a plume today, which culminated in a quite active area of moisture/lapse rates/shears and this triggered some very heavy rain and isolated thunderstorms over south east England... Stowmarket received 15.4mm of rain in 40 minutes earlier this evening, the storms got as far north as Ipswich, before pulling east into the north sea..

Tomorrow (Monday) will be a rinse and repeat, but it will be more widespread, yet just as unpredictable.. in the nature of where and when the (Big) showers and longer periods of rain hit..

There's a good chance that Kings Lynn will get a fair dose of rain, especially in the early part of the day, which will then give way to heavy and thundery showers, with a chance of a Thunderstorm/s in the afternoon after daytime heating takes effect. However, these afternoon thundery showers and/or Thunderstorms are by nature difficult to predict in strength and location, and Kings Lynn could cop a good un, or none!!

Busters reputation as a track man has always in recent years been that he can get meetings on, when most have no chance, due to his knowledge, stadium access and plant at his disposal, Kings Lynn fans know this, most other teams and promoters know this, and Sky definitely know this, so why such an early capitulation to a weather forecast that is not 100% nailed on, especially 48hrs before the day of the race meeting..

That's the question that needs answering. Cars or no cars on Sunday, should not influence a postponement that premature....

Rant over.

Looks like the persistent rain has now exited into the north sea, Kings Lynn should remain rain free, until the showers/thunderstorms start to develop later this afternoon....

Or may miss them all!

Do you all do the lottery? Predicting where these showers/storm hit is like picking 5 numbers on the lottery, so the odds of Kings Lynn getting bullseyed by a storm is hard to predict....

The (off) call was way, way to early in my humble opinion..

Sky haven't cancelled anything.

The clubs are the ones making the decisions.

Can you point me to where I said they had? I've reread my post and cannot see the word cancel at all.

We seem to have a situation now where third parties are announcing a staging promoters event is cancelled. This should ONLY be done by the staging promoter in the first instance.

Anyone doing otherwise shows scant regard for these promoters business.

So sod the fans, Lynn and Coventry didn't want to announce it and thats how it should be? Shouldn't promoters be keeping fans informed at all times? Certainly when the staging club is promoted by the man who promised openness and transparency. Not a good start is it when he's already been caught holding information back.

Can you point me to where I said they had? I've reread my post and cannot see the word cancel at all.

No, but it looks like you're attacking Sky when this decision to call off the meeting is not theirs.

Had it been theirs, I would have concurred 100% with your post.

If that isn't the case then I apologise.

So sod the fans, Lynn and Coventry didn't want to announce it and thats how it should be? Shouldn't promoters be keeping fans informed at all times? Certainly when the staging club is promoted by the man who promised openness and transparency. Not a good start is it when he's already been caught holding information back.

Nooo SCB!

Don't fall for ouch's trolling.

He tried twice earlier in failed with his "having to cancel train tickets and hotel" post.

His post has nothing to do with this fixture, he's still bleating about the Belle Vue/Wolves fiasco.

Edited by BWitcher

No, but you're attacking Sky when this decision to call off the meeting is not theirs.

Had it been theirs, I would have concurred 100% with your post.

I wasn't attacking anyone, merely stating facts re meeting being changed and stating that from NWs post Sky jumped the gun when announcing it.

As it goes if you take as gospel what both clubs and their representatives were saying on Saturday the decision to cancel the meeting as opposed to the televising was made after the Sky announcement. As with anything in speedway the fans, I.e. Paying customers will never know the truth.

Edited by Star Lady

Clubs should be taken to task about making event announcments promptly but to have third parties announcing things is not the way to go. It's fixing a wrong with another wrong.

There should be agreed time limits on announcements that clubs abide by.

I wasn't attacking anyone, merely stating facts re meeting being changed and stating that from NWs post Sky jumped the gun when announcing it.

As it goes if you take as gospel what both clubs and their representatives were saying on Saturday the decision to cancel the meeting as opposed to the televising was made after the Sky announcement. As with anything in speedway the fans, I.e. Paying customers will never know the truth.

The decision to cancel the meeting is an entirely separate decision.

If they wish to cancel the Sky coverage, they must do so at least 48 hours in advance as it appears that Wolverhampton did. Wolverhampton still decided to see if it was possible to run the meeting, but eventually decided to postpone.

In this case it appears Kings Lynn cancelled the Sky coverage, again citing that they were uncertain if they could get the meeting on... then subsequently decided to cancel the meeting as well.

Many are saying the weather didn't play a part so it leaves us with the conclusion that following a heavy home defeat.. then running on an off night, Lynn didn't fancy it.

Clubs should be taken to task about making event announcments promptly but to have third parties announcing things is not the way to go. It's fixing a wrong with another wrong.

There should be agreed time limits on announcements that clubs abide by.

Sky haven't announced anything of the sort.

They merely stated they wouldn't be broadcasting the meeting. Not that the meeting was postponed.

Sky Sports Speedway ‏@SkySpeedway

Due to Monday's forecast King's Lynn v Coventry on Sky Sports has been postponed. So frustrating for all concerned.

How could Sky say postponed unless they knew the fixture wasn't to take place tonight but in fact happen at a later date?

If Buster ran tonight then Sky wouldn't have anything to rearrange. If I've got the meaning of postpone correct.

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1

Not posted on here for a good while but still read regularly, I felt I had to post to give full respect to J Chapman for posting so openly and honestly, I also post on forums under my real name for last couple of years (nothing to hide here) and wish more would also do so.

Respect to you Mr Chapman

formally Baz Brush

• Like 1

Well I think the "Elite" league is in one hell of a mess and glad we here at Ipswich are no longer in this pathetic league.

I seriously hope you don't have a promotion pulling out the league after one match throwing the future of one club and it's riders and the structure of the league in chaos.

I mean that would never happen in the perfect PL would it?

Meanwhile back in the real world ALL leagues are struggling.

Not posted on here for a good while but still read regularly, I felt I had to post to give full respect to J Chapman for posting so openly and honestly, I also post on forums under my real name for last couple of years (nothing to hide here) and wish more would also do so.

Respect to you Mr Chapman

formally Baz Brush

Thank you Barry, very kind of you and full respect to you for using your real name and starting the trend off a few years earlier than me 😉

• Like 1