British Speedway Forum

if its dry, there wouldn't be less, theyd be more than a match with sky cameras there.. if we went by forecasts, the season would never be completed. if sky weren't in town, tomorrows match would never be cancelled ...yet

Of course there would a bigger crowd without sky ....hence why you get the sky money when your on tv ...if sky were not involved the match would never have been on this date in the first place .

W

Because the crowd would be poor ....the only fingers you would be pointing would be at yourself.

I do not understand why the crowd would be poor? Personally i believe the fans who were planning to stay at home and save a few quid by watching it on TV, may have instead been tempted to attend and thus boosting the expected crowd.

• Like 1

Of course there would a bigger crowd without sky ....hence why you get the sky money when your on tv ...if sky were not involved the match would never have been on this date in the first place .

W

agree with all you just said, what I'm saying, is we cant cancel a game on the chance it may or may not rain 30 hours in advance?

If that was the case id not of wasted my time travelling various places in the past on a sunny day, only for it to pour down? we

all check forecasts before leaving..

This is getting ridiculous, therefore have updated my profile photo with a snap i took 5 minutes ago sitting next to my laptop screen with an actual post i made earlier today. Those who know me will be able to verify if this is my real face or an imposter wearing a mask

Wow such a simple world you live in, and yes as far as i am concerned i am a normal fan... I just have the fortunate experience of previously and succesfully running the club.

I now pay to attend any meetings i can get to if that helps qualify me as a normal supporter on your 'supporter qualification checklist'?

Not at all but carry on ......
  • Like 1

Not at all but carry on ......

Sorry do not understand what you mean by that, please elaborate?

agree with all you just said, what I'm saying, is we cant cancel a game on the chance it may or may not rain 30 hours in advance?

If that was the case id not of wasted my time travelling various places in the past on a sunny day, only for it to pour down? we

all check forecasts before leaving..

To fair Colin we don't know why this match was first pulled off sky and then called off ....have a feeling it's nowt to do with the weather forcast .

going by what I read on here (never always accurate) assumed it was forecast..just think its crazy to call off this early.

I was once met at saddlebow road gates by buster, who was near by, he even apologised for my wasted journey!, wasn't his

problem, just british weather, its unpredictable, hence why its crazy, to cancel 30 hours early....it could pour down tomorrow

and everyone will take a poke at this thread, BUT, its too early as yet, imo

how much power does sky possess seems like they are calling all the shots

what if for example , the folk at sky had mates at a certain club / or seemed to favour a certain club,or sky's director of speedway supported a cetain club would they remain impartial, i can remember when sky wanted to buy manchester united but it wasnt allowed to go through.....

would or could they use there influence to get meetings called off when its in the best interests of a certain club that the match be postponed or vice versa the nearest rivals to sky's favoured club having matches that would be an easy win cancelled called off or moved to a diferent date which didnt suit one club but suited sky's favoured club

Oh well, thats put Trees in his place... :rofl:

:o

going by what I read on here (never always accurate) assumed it was forecast..just think its crazy to call off this early.

I was once met at saddlebow road gates by buster, who was near by, he even apologised for my wasted journey!, wasn't his

problem, just british weather, its unpredictable, hence why its crazy, to cancel 30 hours early....it could pour down tomorrow

and everyone will take a poke at this thread, BUT, its too early as yet, imo

It's getting ridiculous with Sky now saying they want 48 hours notice when the weather can be so unpredictable. Coventry tried to do the sensible thing last season and wanted to call the match against Poole off in the morning but weren't allowed to. I think we can all remember what happened afterwards. Great television I'm sure.

how much power does sky possess seems like they are calling all the shots

what if for example , the folk at sky had mates at a certain club / or seemed to favour a certain club,or sky's director of speedway supported a cetain club would they remain impartial, i can remember when sky wanted to buy manchester united but it wasnt allowed to go through.....

would or could they use there influence to get meetings called off when its in the best interests of a certain club that the match be postponed or vice versa the nearest rivals to sky's favoured club having matches that would be an easy win cancelled called off or moved to a diferent date which didnt suit one club but suited sky's favoured club

Well I would say it suits both clubs as they are both pants.

• Like 1

Well I would say it suits both clubs as they are both pants.

Which would probably mean a close match? Kings Lynn v Coventry sounds a better prospect than Poole v Leicester, or even Poole v anyone except Belle Vue.

• Like 1

I do not understand why the crowd would be poor? Personally i believe the fans who were planning to stay at home and save a few quid by watching it on TV, may have instead been tempted to attend and thus boosting the expected crowd.

That is (or was) exactly my situation

After Thursday's meeting and with another EL meeting on Monday and Young Stars Wednesday. I work full time but nearly £50 on three meetings plus programmes in a week is pushing it.

As there was no offer of reduced admission or some other incentive to make it worthwhile attending on Monday I'd decided to watch on TV. But with the coverage cancelled, I would have bitten the bullet and turned up.

Don't know the reason why it's cancelled but I'm sure Buster and co. wouldn't have been impressed after already bending over twice to accommodate Sky dates. I wonder if Sky pulling out of covering the meeting meant they wouldn't receive the necessary recompense for reduced crowd etc and with such late notice, felt the meeting would end up running at a big loss.

It's not so much the meeting being called off that annoys me, it's the lack of transparency as to why. I think most fair minded people would accept and understand if there is a genuine reason to cancel the meeting. Treating people like mushrooms is never going to end well in the long term, more people will just walk away.

• Like 5

If this is Buster Chapmans idea of openness and transparency then he's thick, biased or both.

The vague news out of kings Lynn certainly suggests they are having to be careful with the version of the truth they want to put out. Lawyers involved now?

I was going to watch on TV to save costs and time as I'm not close to kl, but changed plans to go once sky pulled out.

That is (or was) exactly my situation

After Thursday's meeting and with another EL meeting on Monday and Young Stars Wednesday. I work full time but nearly £50 on three meetings plus programmes in a week is pushing it.

It's not so much the meeting being called off that annoys me, it's the lack of transparency as to why. I think most fair minded people would accept and understand if there is a genuine reason to cancel the meeting. Treating people like mushrooms is never going to end well in the long term, more people will just walk away.

I think you hit the nail on the head to be fair. Somebody has to give the fans an explanation as to why Sky have pulled again. Its not fair on the fans nor the clubs involved..

• Like 1