British Speedway Forum
Speedball

British U21 Final - Sheffield 14 April

Every type of competition has gone over to a one off final, even league championships, whatever you might think of that, there won't be any going back.

The 3 levels of British Championship use the traditional format for the semi finals as does the NLRC.

The introduction of semi finals and a final in a one off individual meeting is ludicrous. Last night illustrated the fact that the best rider does not always win, and riders knowing the format is irrelevant. I have never been to a meeting operating this ridiculous system and never will, its a joke...

• Like 2

Every type of competition has gone over to a one off final, even league championships, whatever you might think of that, there won't be any going back.

We all know that but does not mean to say it is right,suppose it is only done to keep the excitement going a bit longer

• Like 1

We all know that but does not mean to say it is right,suppose it is only done to keep the excitement going a bit longer

Lambert hadn't won the 20 Heat meeting until heat 19 last night, and Adam Ellis hadn't confirmed his place on the rostrum until the last Heat.

The excitement went on long enough to hold my attention and was quite happy to go home after Heat 20. Count-back to decide places after that would've been fine by me, with Lambert 1st, Bates 2nd & Ellis 3rd.

• Like 2

Lambert hadn't won the 20 Heat meeting until heat 19 last night, and Adam Ellis hadn't confirmed his place on the rostrum until the last Heat.

The excitement went on long enough to hold my attention and was quite happy to go home after Heat 20. Count-back to decide places after that would've been fine by me, with Lambert 1st, Bates 2nd & Ellis 3rd.

Shouldn't that be Ellis 2nd and Bates 3rd?

Shouldn't that be Ellis 2nd and Bates 3rd?

Yep, certainly should: Lambert 15, Ellis 13, Bates 11. My points addition is worse than my count-back definition.

• Like 1

No one will remeber who won the u21s anyway. It means nothing about being a top level rider

No one will remeber who won the u21s anyway. It means nothing about being a top level rider

Quite a few decent riders on the roll of honour

• Like 2

More poor than good id say winning this competition doesnt mean anything on who will make it as a top level rider

Clouting, Haines, Wilson, Kennett, Bridger ans many more

Clouting, Haines, Wilson, Kennett, Bridger ans many more

Bet Josh Bates will, and it will be in the record books for ever more.

• Like 4

Chris Morton, Les & Phil Collins, Kenny Carter, Marvyn Cox, Martin Dugard, Scott Nicholls, Simon Stead all 'half decent' and represented their country.

Kennett, Bridger & Haines all beat Woffinden to win titles, bet they'll remember that for a long time.

And bet Robert Lambert will remember who won this year's for some time to come too.

Nature of an U21 title is that some will progress more than others but, as screm says, it will be in the record books forever with yor name there as a National title winner.

• Like 3

Obviously the real champ is Robert Lambert...One race only counts at the end format,, robs the best rider of the title again The old world final format is the only way to get a fair result in individual competitions.. The B.S.P,A never get any thing right hence the slow death of Speedway in this country....

Sorry but i thought it was obviously Josh Bates, sure thats what my programme said, either that or i had the riders in the wrong helmet covers in the final

• Like 2

JOSH BATES 2016 UNDER 21 BRITISH CHAMPION.....NUFF SAID!

• Like 3