British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Kyle Newman

Another big score from reserve tonight. Won't be his last as he's too good for that role Had a good 2015 and surely he should have been made to step up to take a 1-5 position in a team. If he wants to progress, as Garrity has tried to do, he should have stepped up.

This is not anti Poole just my view.

Mate, thats exactly what he wants.

From what I have read on this forum only the No.1 tier will move into the main body of the team whereas the 2nd tier reserve will remain in the reserve position. Doesn't matter what order you wish to position them in 6 or 7 in the riding order.

• Like 1

From what I have read on this forum only the No.1 tier will move into the main body of the team whereas the 2nd tier reserve will remain in the reserve position. Doesn't matter what order you wish to position them in 6 or 7 in the riding order.

Think it can be either tier, although only one can move up if both reserves average higher than a 1-5 team member.

Why is there a separate debate on Newman? Hasn't it been done to death??

Doesn't this sort of statement of who Kyle Newman has to beat to get into the Poole 1-5, just highlights the total inequalities of the teams in the Elite League?

Totally different issue. And certainly not Kyles fault.

Mate, thats exactly what he wants.

Maybe he could have done what Garrity did and moved up at the start of the season.

• Like 1

Maybe he could have done what Garrity did and moved up at the start of the season.

Why? What does he gain doing that? What do Piole gain doing that? Are these 4 meetings Kyle gets in reserve now going to hold him back?

Hasn't done Coventry much good, has it??!
  • Like 2

Totally different issue. And certainly not Kyles fault.

I was just using your post as the foundations for illustrating how strong Poole are, and who Kyle has to do better than to get into their 1-5, that's all, not a dig at your post SCB...

• Like 1

Ambition and progress is not asking for something and being given it. It's wanting something and working for it, which is what Kyle is doing. Hes trying to get into the 1-5 with a team of very good riders. Meanwhile Garrity has been given the place but has 3 worse riders than him in the team so is likely to be in reserve. Doesn't make him better than Newman, just better than the other riders in the Bees team - others, weaker riders who are in the Bees team because Garrity wouldn't start in reserve.

Jason has no proven anything or earned anything. And staying in the 1-5 of the Bees team will be nothing special, he'll just be staying ahead of two PL second strings. Meanwhile for Kyle to do it, with his lack of ambition, he has to get ahead of an Aussie Champion, a Polish SWC rider, a rider who finished top 3 of the season before lasts EL averages, a recent World Champion and someone who has been a heat leader in the EL for about 12 years! And Adam Ellis of course. Yeah, what a fool Newman is, trying to stay ahead of any 2 of that lot!

If Garrity had started in reserve the Bees could have had Stead and Barker at 2 and 4 and THEN he would have show ambition if he'd fought to get ahead of them. But no.

but its so very easy for a reserve like newman to get into the top 5 , a few scores of 8/9 which he will do this year with his goggles off will get him there....newmans average was in the reserve berth last year was around the 8 point mark, so you can see its easy gettin there as all of poole 1-5 wont average over 8 ...the problem is staying there as when newman goes up his scores with no doubt drop and the rider that went down to reserve will then be getting 10/11 or so and go straight back up , meaning newman could yoyo all season ...thats not progression its just the way the rules work out this year....

• Like 1

DKyle would have probably have had a max tonight but lifted badly at the start of heat two and had to battle to get a point. After that he was excellent.

he beat Lawson, Swiderski, Kerr and Mear. These are riders he quite possibly should be beating with ease at home after 6 years at his home track. He should be banging in maximums at home for fun until Belle Vue come to town. Good little rider but nothingore than that. He is beating a poor set of draft riders and in most teams cases second strings that should be reserves and he is being hailed as the second coming. Even if he moves up I would still expect him from the number 2 or 4 position to score well as he isn't exactly against great riders still
  • Like 1

Newman remained at reserve because it made more sense for Poole, Garrity went into the 1-5 at Coventry to save them money. What the rider wanted probably wasn't the most important factor.

Think you will find Garrity didnt come cheap with other clubs wanting him in a 2nd string role. Thats why he didn't want to be in the draft.

The problem was the draft picks, if we didn't sign Garrity as a 2nd string someone else would have. Its that simple.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Once Kyle moves into the 1-5, I presume he will get an average and that will be used going forward?

he beat Lawson, Swiderski, Kerr and Mear. These are riders he quite possibly should be beating with ease at home after 6 years at his home track. He should be banging in maximums at home for fun until Belle Vue come to town. Good little rider but nothingore than that. He is beating a poor set of draft riders and in most teams cases second strings that should be reserves and he is being hailed as the second coming. Even if he moves up I would still expect him from the number 2 or 4 position to score well as he isn't exactly against great riders still

So in your book he can't win! He beat Swiderski and Lawson from the back. Riders of much more experience. But he should be beating them with ease? Surely thats a sign of a rider improving? What has he got to do to show he is improving, win the British Final, get the Cardiff Wildcard and go through the card to win the British GP?

He is no second coming but is capable in the future of being a good second string or third heat leader. Many on here see Robert Lambert as the next superstar but I have not seen much to show thats the case. Hope I am wrong.

When Newman moves up he will take scalps. He will abeat riders like MadsK, Morris, Garrity, Swiderski, Josh G, Frike, King etc.

You should be cheering on any young determined Brit regardless of who he rides for. I even wish Garrity to improve (except when he rides against us)

Newman is extremely determined and when I spoke to him pre season he was disappointed with his form last year and saw 2016 as a big year for him. It seems to me and many on here you are hoping he will fail so you can say, "I told you so". And thats no way to support local home grown riders.

• Like 4