British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Kyle Newman

He did say that - before the BSPA's final meeting to approve the rules.

As I said, I'll stand corrected if its different to my understanding.

As far as Kyle Newman is concerned, as long as he gets his chance at some point to go into the 1-5, he'll be happy.

Equally I'm sure many Poole fans will be happy to keep Kyle at reserve and for Adam to be promoted initially.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

I've emailed the BSPA offices for confirmation. No matter who is correct or otherwise on here, surely its what the riders themselves understand and have agreed to?!

Surely it's not the riders role to interpret the rule book? If they have had it incorrectly explained then their argument is with the club who incorrectly explained it

The rule as per the rulebook is clear cut.

The rule isn't clear-cut, otherwise there wouldn't be any disagreement on its interpretation.

I interpret the rule to mean 'highest EDR starting average' whilst others interpret it as 'highest EDR average at any time'?

Both reserves are going to gain new averages throughout the season, which may end up higher than those in the 1-5, BUT it doesn't mean both/either will/can be promoted - unless my interpretation and the understanding of some riders is incorrect.

Update: No reply from BSPA towers as yet.

Edited by Skidder1

If the rule means only tier 1 riders can move up, then it is badly written. At the present time the rule, the way it reads means any EDR can move up. What is not clear is what happens if the situation happens where 2 EDR riders have higher averages than riders in the 1-5. I am assuming that only 1 EDR rider at the time can be in the 1-5 & that would be the rider with the highest average.

The rule isn't clear-cut, otherwise there wouldn't be any disagreement on its interpretation.

I interpret the rule to mean 'highest EDR starting average' whilst others interpret it as 'highest EDR average at any time'?

Both reserves are going to gain new averages throughout the season, which may end up higher than those in the 1-5, BUT it doesn't mean both/either will/can be promoted - unless my interpretation and the understanding of some riders is incorrect.

Update: No reply from BSPA towers as yet.

If the rule means only tier 1 riders can move up, then it is badly written. At the present time the rule, the way it reads means any EDR can move up. What is not clear is what happens if the situation happens where 2 EDR riders have higher averages than riders in the 1-5. I am assuming that only 1 EDR rider at the time can be in the 1-5 & that would be the rider with the highest average.

You are not surprised that this is another ambiguous rule then ?

Who thinks up these rules and then is responsible for putting them in the rule book.

Christ, Skidder1 is human and can make mistakes :P

thankyou skidder for making the effort to clarify things for everybody,the amendment allowing either reserve to be promoted does make sense,good for the two reserves as well to be competing against each other for a place in the 1-5

• Like 1

Christ, Skidder1 is human and can make mistakes :P

It's not official until Starman confirms it.

• Like 1

Must be correct then

Quite correct. Unlike some dicks, they got Dak's dads serious injuries right.

• Like 1

Quite correct. Unlike some dicks, they got Dak's dads serious injuries right.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No I don't think it'll be Buzzzz that drops to reserve!!

• Like 1

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dozy ?