British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Resrves Are Too Important

If I remember correctly, Smolinski started at reserve one season and had a great year for Birmingham and made himself unemployable - who would touch him on an 8+ average. The same applies to FDRs

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, Smolinski started at reserve one season and had a great year for Birmingham and made himself unemployable - who would touch him on an 8+ average. The same applies to FDRs

yes he did start reserve , but that was before protected heats and before reserves were in the main NL riders...he also got into the gp's so his average was about right....

I'm not sure but think Skidder means if their average is based on them riding in just the 1-5 as people have said it is updated monthly, then even it us 7 then they will have proved themselves in that position.

Yea I got what he meant.

That said there is no way MF would employ him as a heat leader next year irregardless of how he did this year!

I wasn't suggesting as a heat leader, merely in the 1-5, as the next obvious step in his development!!

Edited by Skidder1

They better start thinking. Now about riders averages for next season,it's going to get a little bit messy.IMO

I wasn't suggesting as a heat leader, merely in the 1-5, as the next obvious step in his development!!

ok but if he is averaging anything from around 7 upwards then how can he possibly be riding at 2 or 4?

• Like 1

It wasn't me who first used 'an 8 point average' as an example (it was Aces51 I think).

My point was that if Newman (or Auty, Howarth, Worrall) finishes the 2016 season with a 1-5 spot and an average potentially equivalent to a good 2nd string/3rd heat leader position, then they will have earned that by riding in 'stronger races' and therefore could be considered for a 2017 1-5 place.

Lets not forget that one of the proposals on the BSPA AGM table was for one or both second strings to be British!!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

teams have got to work within 2016 rules however they are going to create severe problems for 2017(averages all over the place)if also there is some form of amalgamation between leagues it will take some sorting

Which is great for Kyle.

However if his average is 6 or over he will be unemployable in the EL in 2017.

I seriously hope the BSPA have a plan for those who make a success of their elevation to the 1-5 for next season.

Which is great for Kyle.

I seriously hope the BSPA have a plan for those who make a success of their elevation to the 1-5 for next season.

We've already seen there won't be a plan. If there was a plan it would have been in place from the start of the first season of the new format.

There will be some conversion for such riders worked out at the end of the season, and it will be beneficial for Poole. And that's not a complaint about Poole, but those promoters who agree to it.

We've already seen there won't be a plan. If there was a plan it would have been in place from the start of the first season of the new format.

There will be some conversion for such riders worked out at the end of the season, and it will be beneficial for Poole. And that's not a complaint about Poole, but those promoters who agree to it.

neil vatcher is the person who sorts the draft out , he has strong poole links being a fan yrs ago and craig boyce's mechanic, so the status quo will probly remain... :mad:

Edited by heathen chemistry

Which is great for Kyle.

The bspa have a plan for 2017? you are optimistic .

probably another PL conversion rate again.

The bspa have a plan for 2017? you are optimistic .

I like to dream A :neutral:

• Like 1

Only a month in and already Kerr, Auty, Wright and Starke have improved their averages enough to move in to the top 5

Edited by mdmc82

Only a month in and already Kerr, Auty, Wright and Starke have improved their averages enough to move in to the top 5

From the BSPA website, it appears that Auty has been moved into the 1 - 5 although Starke has the highest average. This seems to support the view that only one of the EDR riders can move up & that the other remains permanently in the reserve spot. This is not in line with how the rule is written though.