British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mike7164

Newcastle Vs Berwick Tyne Tweed Trophy Second Leg Sunday 10th April 6.30

Well this is our last home challenge match weather permitting of course, can we grab another trophy? it is also the last official home match until after Christian Henry's Testimonial.

Come on The Diamonds.

Well this is our last home challenge match weather permitting of course, can we grab another trophy? it is also the last official home match until after Christian Henry's Testimonial.

Come on The Diamonds.

Not much information around about the Testimonial. I thought there might have been a seperate thread in the Testimonials section???

Not much information around about the Testimonial. I thought there might have been a seperate thread in the Testimonials section???

Is there not I don't know as I've not looked toontrader as I'm not going, well incase you did want more info then it was announced at Brough last Sunday its on the 17th April but please note its a 3PM Start time that day!!

• Like 1

We are looking for an texter to provide updates of the 2nd leg of this meeting, if anyone can help, please send me a pm.

Hope having Worrall and Kus back tomorrow will provide a stronger team for us to win the trophy.

Thanks

We are looking for an texter to provide updates of the 2nd leg of this meeting, if anyone can help, please send me a pm.

Hope having Worrall and Kus back tomorrow will provide a stronger team for us to win the trophy.

Thanks

We still require an texter for tonight's meeting, if anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks

Edited by Elliot Hunt

We still require an texter for tonight's meeting, if anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks

I have sent you a pm

Newcastle have a far stronger side out tonight than last night, so we may need all of the ten point advantage. But we were written off at Armadale last Friday and look what happened, so we are aren`t giving up yet.

Had to spoil our weekend ;) well done Diamonds,think Lambert will be PL champ this season

• Like 1

Very impressed with the Diamonds tonight. Once Steve got his bike going we pulled well clear off a very decent Berwick side who have several riders who have good records at Brough. Robert Lambert was absolutely superb and his partnership with Steve in heats 13 & 15 looks the most formidable pairing we've had since the Larsen, Bach, Lemo season.

With excellent back-up from Lude, Kus and the very impressive Lewis Rose we looked a very strong outfit tonight.

IF we can sort out Tero's injury problem (which is a worry) &

IF we can avoid injuries &

IF we can get our full 1-7 on the track enough in the away matches

We could have a really good chance of being involved in the fight for the major trophies this year.

Although the Diamonds ran away with it in the second half of the meeting, the Bandits look a competitive outfit to me. Good quality speedway meeting.

• Like 5

Very impressed with the Diamonds tonight. Once Steve got his bike going we pulled well clear off a very decent Berwick side who have several riders who have good records at Brough. Robert Lambert was absolutely superb and his partnership with Steve in heats 13 & 15 looks the most formidable pairing we've had since the Larsen, Bach, Lemo season.

With excellent back-up from Lude, Kus and the very impressive Lewis Rose we looked a very strong outfit tonight.

IF we can sort out Tero's injury problem (which is a worry) &

IF we can avoid injuries &

IF we can get our full 1-7 on the track enough in the away matches

We could have a really good chance of being involved in the fight for the major trophies this year.

Although the Diamonds ran away with it in the second half of the meeting, the Bandits look a competitive outfit to me. Good quality speedway meeting.

I agree regarding Newcastle team a bit of luck and they won't be far away when trophies are up for grabs at the sharp end of the season. Edited by Fromafar

Enjoyable meeting. Some decent racing in the first 10 heats as the Bandits consistently gated on the Diamonds.

Newcastle look very strong in those last 5 heats though.

Enjoyable meeting. Some decent racing in the first 10 heats as the Bandits consistently gated on the Diamonds.

Newcastle look very strong in those last 5 heats though.

It's those last 5 races that are Berwicks Achylies Heel. I would have loved to have come down to see this one, I highly rate Newcastle and should be in the top 4. To be honest, If Newcastle had it's full team on Saturday at Berwick, it may well have been a different result, but as said you can only race against what is in front of you. It will be no disgrace for any team to lose to Newcastle this season, as long as they have put up a good fight, as Berwick did on Sunday

It's those last 5 races that are Berwicks Achylies Heel. I would have loved to have come down to see this one, I highly rate Newcastle and should be in the top 4. To be honest, If Newcastle had it's full team on Saturday at Berwick, it may well have been a different result, but as said you can only race against what is in front of you. It will be no disgrace for any team to lose to Newcastle this season, as long as they have put up a good fight, as Berwick did on Sunday

Berwick certainly were good value for money and had Alden and Jorgensen not be blowing hot and cold you may have pushed us harder, but I must admit I was a bit nervous for the first half of the meeting when I thought you had the measure of us. It was another good match between the two teams as per usual and I look forward to the visit of the Bandits later in the season.

• Like 1