British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Swindon Robins, Weds 13th April 19:30, Sky Meeting..

He never blamed the track. He blamed his side's gating, saying it's hard to pass on this track.

Last night's meeting certainly didn't do much to prove otherwise. I only recall one decent race.

surely if it's hard to pass it must be something to do with the track?
  • Like 1

surely if it's hard to pass it must be something to do with the track?

The reason it's hard to pass is because of the track.

The reason Swindon lost was because of their gating.

• Like 4

They are still not telling anyone about the BV - Poole meeting on 27th which is likely not to happen. I wonder if they are selling tickets for it and more importantly is anyone buying them?

They mentioned it last night on Sky if you were watching. When have League meeting tickets ever gone on pre sale unless it was a groupon offer ??

They mentioned it last night on Sky if you were watching. When have League meeting tickets ever gone on pre sale unless it was a groupon offer ??

Swindon do it all the time, if you look on their website you will see how people get a refund for tickets purchased on line for last weeks rained off meeting, no doubt other clubs, including BV, do the same.

I was watching last night but tend not to listen to the garbage put out by the presenters.

Edited by A ORLOV

They are still not telling anyone about the BV - Poole meeting on 27th which is likely not to happen. I wonder if they are selling tickets for it and more importantly is anyone buying them?

Before the re-run of Heat 8 at Leicester last night Sky trailed their upcoming fixture list and the first one shown was - 'April 27 - Belle Vue v Poole'.

And, the Belle Vue web-site has a link to pre-purchase tickets and the first currently showing on their Meeting Schedule is - 'Poole Pirates Wednesday, 27/4/16 7:30pm'

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=BVA_&organ_val=47609&schedule=list

• Like 1

The reason it's hard to pass is because of the track.

The reason Swindon lost was because of their gating.

Add the two statements together as after a rubbish start from the gate even if the Swindon rider caught the opposition it was almost impossible to overtake them because of the shape of the track unless the Leicester rider made a mistake.

The racing was not as good last night as in the match last Saturday. Belle Vue seemed to sus out new lines on bends 3 and 4 and I recall at least two inside passes going into turn 3, especially by Bomber in the last heat. I think the Lions need to be a bit more adventurous in trying out new racing lines. At the moment they, and some visiting riders, seem content to just ride the lines that they have always ridden.

In my opinion it was a match like most others.....a few decent races and the rest being from the gate, it's very rare to get more than that.

I get fed up of other supporters and managers saying there is no passing at BP...well I think it has improved immeasurably from last season...yes last nights racing wasn't super dooper but Glyn has been good to tell us the reasons why.

I get peed of by Mardy Arsed losers like Rossiter telling us 4 or 5 times on Sky Tv that there is no passing at Leicester..how would he know,does he watch every Lions home meetings?

Rossiter and some other managers have a holier than thou and childish attitude toward Leicester..."my track is better than your track na na na na na"...Plonkers!

Hardly a secret that there is no passing at bp the whole world knows about it ...not sure what that has to do with bad losing just telling you how it is .

Can't really say that the changes to turns 3/4 have made the racing any better than before. It needs turns 1/2 altering as soon as possible. The straights are still to long and at the speed they get up to after turn 2, they chances of them getting by are now no different to what it was before..

Yes you can see how much has been added to the bottom bends, but it still needs those first 2 doing and before the season gets much farther along.

Nice win for the team though, they all tried thier hearts out. Symonz rode like a hero againt Jason. Just hope they can continue in that same vien for the rest of the season, just watched it on SKy Rossiter spits the dummy again, they have lost every meeting at BP in front of Sky sports and he was in a foul mood every time.

I enjoyed the meeting what's not to enjoy watching Swindon make a meal out of it and Rossiters face pmsl

Ive never liked the track at leicester,but i have to say at least they are trying put right,what should have happened from the start.There were too many people with a view as to how to design a trac,one minute sam ermolenko was involved the next he wasnt.At least the racing seemed to get better as the meeting went on and justin S did come from last to second in his final ride,showing you can pass done on the white line if riders are not careful.OK it was only Ulamek whos not very good when not leading,but at least it shows you can pass either round the boards or down low on turn 3 and 4.Think Leicester fans will start to enjoy their meetings from now on,its looking good.

• Like 2

The racing was not as good last night as in the match last Saturday. Belle Vue seemed to sus out new lines on bends 3 and 4 and I recall at least two inside passes going into turn 3, especially by Bomber in the last heat. I think the Lions need to be a bit more adventurous in trying out new racing lines. At the moment they, and some visiting riders, seem content to just ride the lines that they have always ridden.

During an early interview prior to the match Jason d said he had heard from other riders that the change of track had not meant new lines were needed and that by and large the same lines from last year were proving to be still the best lines. He then promptly came second in his first two heats including getting mugged by Wozniak on the inside of bend two (one of the unaltered bends). Subsequently he made use 3&4 to make passes on his way to race wins...so maybe there is something there to benefit from.

However, not sure if the new lines on 3&4 are providing significant changes as yet, maybe they will become more prominent when 1 & 2 are altered to create a more rounded track with less speed to scrub off in order to take advantage of inside lines?

Edited by 1 valve

There were too many people with a view as to how to design a trac,one minute sam ermolenko was involved the next he wasnt.

I don't think Sam had much choice in the final decision. Didn't he go back to the USA and the track he had planned was altered and all done when he got back? If they had stuck to his design there probably wouldn't have been all these problems about the shape.

Swindon were poor at Poole as well, they are not as good as they thought they were.

Crazy robin..............No one has said Swindon are good & are at best in a fight for the 4th play off spot but don't let that stop you!!

Exactly right.

Is it me or is Starman contradicting himself? :blink:

I don't think Sam had much choice in the final decision. Didn't he go back to the USA and the track he had planned was altered and all done when he got back? If they had stuck to his design there probably wouldn't have been all these problems about the shape.

Is it me or is Starman contradicting himself? :blink:

Would be nice had you put up the whole posts. Yes its you.. ;)