British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rayleigh

Mildenhall V Kent

When will speedway learn, I left after 10 heats and over 2 hours. I know the track was more than tricky, Conner Mountain had a "big off" (hope you are OK) but everything was so slow to get the next race/rerun going. Sure you will say riders need time to recover but surely the fans come first. The mathimatical equation is no fans, no match.

Never mind when will speedway learn. When will Mildenhall learn ? I know people who stopped going there years ago because of the time it took to complete meetings. It seems nothing has changed the track is still crap.

Always gonna be a problem when you share a stadium with stock cars and monster trucks. No way around it I'm afraid. They probably bring in more money for the stadium owners than the speedway.

• Like 1

Never mind when will speedway learn. When will Mildenhall learn ? I know people who stopped going there years ago because of the time it took to complete meetings. It seems nothing has changed the track is still crap.

That's harsh. In my experience Mildenhall can be an excellent racing track.

When will speedway learn, I left after 10 heats and over 2 hours. I know the track was more than tricky, Conner Mountain had a "big off" (hope you are OK) but everything was so slow to get the next race/rerun going. Sure you will say riders need time to recover but surely the fans come first. The mathimatical equation is no fans, no match.

the next 5 heats were run in half an hour.

Always gonna be a problem when you share a stadium with stock cars and monster trucks. No way around it I'm afraid. They probably bring in more money for the stadium owners than the speedway.

My understanding was that they would race only when the Stocks were not operating the day before and so avoid the chaos they create. That didn't happen this time.

The track was difficult at first and poor until the end. The way I saw it only Shanes (a grass tracker) Halsey and Armstrong looked comfortable.

That meant there was little racing and a lot of falls which in turn meant to a lot of delay. Not good.

I accept the points made above, but my only point was accidents and problems do happen, that's speedway but please referee keep the meeting moving as fast as possible.

Although I'm not a supporter of Mildenhall, I am a fairly regular visitor, and would agree that the track yesterday was in a dreadful state, and yes, I wish I hadn't attended (hindisight and all that).

Sadly, I heard people say, and some actually said it to me personally, that they will never step foot inside the stadium again.

If they stick to their word, then that will be huge shame for both themselves and the club, because the bad meetings or track conditions are few and far between, and tell me a club that hasn't suffered such problems at time in the past.

By my estimation, 80%-90% of the meetings at this homely little venue provide the highest level of entertainment and enjoyment, and I would ask those of you who made those comments of "Never Again", to rethink those sentiments.

As I opened my posting up by saying that I wish that I hadn't attended yesterday, I'm equally saying that I'm already looking forward to next Sunday's meeting against the Isle of Wight, because hopefully, and I'm sure that the problems of yesterday will have been addressed, and we'll all enjoy an afternoon of high class action.

In closing, I hope that all those who got hurt yesterday, make swift recoveries.

• Like 2

Although I'm not a supporter of Mildenhall, I am a fairly regular visitor, and would agree that the track yesterday was in a dreadful state, and yes, I wish I hadn't attended (hindisight and all that).

Sadly, I heard people say, and some actually said it to me personally, that they will never step foot inside the stadium again.

If they stick to their word, then that will be huge shame for both themselves and the club, because the bad meetings or track conditions are few and far between, and tell me a club that hasn't suffered such problems at time in the past.

By my estimation, 80%-90% of the meetings at this homely little venue provide the highest level of entertainment and enjoyment, and I would ask those of you who made those comments of "Never Again", to rethink those sentiments.

As I opened my posting up by saying that I wish that I hadn't attended yesterday, I'm equally saying that I'm already looking forward to next Sunday's meeting against the Isle of Wight, because hopefully, and I'm sure that the problems of yesterday will have been addressed, and we'll all enjoy an afternoon of high class action.

In closing, I hope that all those who got hurt yesterday, make swift recoveries.

Completely agree :approve:

A friend of mine who has attended on/off for a number of years gave it a go yesterday but left after 2 hours and 10 heats. Chances are he won't go back.

I think the problem stemmed not from a lack of care, effort or hard work but the decision to run less than 24 hours after a monster truck meeting at the stadium. That probably damaged the track so badly that it was impossible to get it into good condition and the fact that Mildenhall chose to run yesterday may well be beyond the promotions control.

I'll certainly give them another go. Seen far too many top quality meetings at West Row to allow one bad one to put me off.

• Like 1

Very disappointing day yesterday for all concerned. The Mildenhall promotion looked as upset as anybody regarding the events and whilst there has been a history of preparing grippy tracks against teams who traditionally race on slick surfaces i think the majority of the issues derived from having a very limited time to prepare given that monster trucks were trampling all over the track the day before.

I was impressed with the way that Danno & Jack tackled the track with a controlled approach but stand out rider on the day was Armstrong who made it look effortless.

As for the rest most got caught out once, irritatingly one Fen Tiger continued his reckless approach all day.

I have seen plenty of excellent racing at this venue to ensure i will be back and write this off as a very bad day.

Best wishes to all riders for a speedy recovery especially the unfortunate Connor Mountain.