British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Ipswich Vs Peterborough Thurs April 14th Plc

We all have to have a 3 pointer superblue and are there any others? Personally I think Ritchings will get better and if you see the amount of effort he is putting in its brilliant. And he isn't off the pace either. A few good decisions on the first turns will see him score more points.

• Like 2

Unfortunately as much as it pains me to say it we are carrying 2 riders which means that the top 5 have to do all the scoring.

We ain't gonna win too many if it continues, especially away.

King and Covatti are reliable heat leader scorers, Risager is generally good for 7 to 8 at home and 5 or 6 away so whether you do any good is down to Kerr and Sargeant, they were both good last night and got you home but I thought your reserves were awful.

Track looked a bit heavy early doors but was slick thereafter and it didn't provide much in the way of entertainment except when Covatti was riding.

The track wasn't heavy, just a bit wet on bends 1 and 2, but slick it was from start to finish. After a few races there was no bite left in it and it basically was left to turn to powder. There was no reason why a drop of water couldn't have been put on the outside during the meeting. For some reason our track never seems to get any water once the meeting has started.

Maybe they were mindful that there was a helluva lot of rain around the area so didn't want to add more to the track in case it turned up?

Fortunate to miss the weather I reckon.

Best part of the night for me was Paco so very nearly getting a paid win in heat 14!!

A slight mistake let Tofty through on the last bend but he was a mile ahead of Perry.

Maybe just maybe there's a rider there!!

Ritchings was certainly trying some different lines but to no avail.

Those 2 are certainly a huge achilles' heel for Ippo and I'm not sure they will improve enough over the season to pay their way.

The other 5 looked ok.

I would quite like to see Covatti try some different tactics occasionally other than the blasts around the outside, even if they are good to watch.

But maybe I don't see him often enough and he does it when I'm not there!!

I thought Grondal was being touted as the best reserve in the whole wide PL?

And Tofty looked on a par with one of the pre-meeting kids in his first race!!

The track wasn't heavy, just a bit wet on bends 1 and 2, but slick it was from start to finish. After a few races there was no bite left in it and it basically was left to turn to powder. There was no reason why a drop of water couldn't have been put on the outside during the meeting. For some reason our track never seems to get any water once the meeting has started

Edited by the quiet one
  • Like 1

You don't have to be a track prep expert to see what the track was like, we have eyes and ears for that. So since you are the track expert why don't you tell us what it was like? And is there any particular reason why we very rarely give the outside a sprinkle once the meeting has started, so that riders like nico maybe could have made a couple more passes? Bob don't just take offence to anything someone might say, give all of us your expert opinion.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Mr Ellis, this is a speedway forum for the fans to give their opinion. If you're going to be precious about some fans' opinions then I suggest you don't come on here.

You also shouldn't insult the intelligence of the paying customer who go to the meetings. Some have been going for 40 years and know a good track when they see one, they don't actually need to be an actual "trackman" to see that.

I'll give my opinion on the track too as I've been to both meetings this season. It's looked utter crap!

• Like 1

That's exactly my thinking. Just cos I'm not the actual track man doesn't mean I don't know how the tracks looking and is going to race.

That's exactly my thinking. Just cos I'm not the actual track man doesn't mean I don't know how the tracks looking and is going to race.

Interesting that 'Bob' has edited his post now. A shame you didn't 'quote' it Baldy.

Totally agree, but maybe this is the first sign of CL's promise of closer fan involvement and participation this year, and you will get a chance to do the track next week?

• Like 1

Talking of fan involvement, what happened to the extra entertainemt which was apparently the way forward to speedway? I haven't noticed anything else going on.

I read the said post from Bob and was wondering if it was a wise move to come on here , he was always likely to get some differing opinions ref track prep , hence the subsequent deletion .

We can all clearly see the track requires more material and one or two more lines for the racers in the team, it's been far too slick for as long as I can remember .

Quite clearly it's a gating tarts paradise unless you are considerably faster than the gater !

I have heard they are using a new shale. If that's true or not I don't know. If they are it will take a few weeks to bed in