British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Ipswich Vs Peterborough Thurs April 14th Plc

Good stuff macca..

I'm from Musselburgh too (well Inveresk anyway).

But also one of Brazil's bluenoses!!

Used to run a nice wee boozer in Musselburgh don't know if it is still there as i gave it up Hayweights it was called managed to get a Rangers bus running out off it on a Saturday but may not be there now that was 2009.

Now shut - https://whatpub.com/pubs/EDN/925/hayweights-musselburgh

I remember going to the Hayweights cinema (or picture house as we called them!) when I was a lad.

Apologies for hijacking the Ippo local derby thread!!

If it's not too cold and wet I might try to get along.

Pity the beeb weather forecast is fine all day till 7pm!!

Good stuff macca..

I'm from Musselburgh too (well Inveresk anyway).

But also one of Brazil's bluenoses!!

Small world Scotsman. It's a number of years since I have been to Mussleburgh, since they finished the Edinburgh Marathon there. Back in the day, the family ran a tea dealers there and lived in Downie Place just back from the Promenade. Been a couple of years since I've been to Cappielow too. Last time they beat Dumbarton 4-0, so I may have decided to 'retire' after a good home win. Must try and get back again soon though, always feel good to go back.

Funny thing was, there was a guy from Clacton, I think, who used to run a double glazing business who was a Morton fan and used togo to Ipswich Town matches wearing a Morton shirt. He used to sponsor match balls and the like at Cappielow. Phil Fox maybe, can't remember now?

Used to run a nice wee boozer in Musselburgh don't know if it is still there as i gave it up Hayweights it was called managed to get a Rangers bus running out off it on a Saturday but may not be there now that was 2009.

As far as I know it is closed now. Ahh, I see Scotsman beat me to it.

Now shut - https://whatpub.com/pubs/EDN/925/hayweights-musselburgh

I remember going to the Hayweights cinema (or picture house as we called them!) when I was a lad.

Apologies for hijacking the Ippo local derby thread!!

If it's not too cold and wet I might try to get along.

Pity the beeb weather forecast is fine all day till 7pm!!

dont worry about hijacking the thread - anything is better than discussing a likely pumping from the pussycats!
  • Like 1

Please do not insult potatoes!

Indeed. Must be a touchy subject on an Ipswich thread where a boiled potato would be considered gifted :)

No offence to Dale Allitt, who I am sure will do a fine job on Thursday, but wouldn't it be wonderful if P'boro got Phil Hilton to be their stand-in Team Manager on Thursday? ;)

Rather have Paris Hilton thank you.

The forecast for tomorrow seems to be even less predictable than a menopausal women!

Every one is different as to how much when and where any rain will hit.

Fingers crossed.......

Think they're all hedging their bets. Heavy isolated showers it seems could hit anywhere at anytime.

• Like 1

Taken from met office

Thursday:

Any fog soon clearing to give a dry start with some sunny spells. However, the odd shower is likely by afternoon, these becoming heavy and thundery in places later. Maximum Temperature 15 °C.

Well, if it remains a little confusing on the weather front, then that will be me doing my Billy no mates impression once again....the person I had traditionally gone to speedway with now only goes when the weather is not in doubt, any hint of possible rain and he doesn't go.

Best put fuel in the car just in case he decides not to go at the eleventh hour!

I'm craving speedway but having come home from a holiday ill and the predicted cold and wetness around I'll probably give this one a miss.