British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Eastie V Kent 16 April Nl

we should all meet up for a pint i treat you all after the meeting if Eastbourne win and you will all know who i am dancing around with my Adam Ellis T-Shirt on lol, but i have to day i am also a big Danny fan so i am stuck this week but the winners will be the public that turn up to see what we hope will be a great meeting.

Also report were that the IOW had a crowd of about 100 people :cry: last night so i can really see that lasting that long. would seem a shame if they never got off the ground.

well the forecast is not good for Edinburugh also for susesx tomorrow and not great for Glasgow sunday he could loose out on all the racing poor Danny

Only if Eastbourne win cat? And just the T-shirt?

With no match at the EWR this Sunday, I may well make the 500 mile round trip to the south coast for the weekend (I have relatives in Hastings) and pop along to this and take in Mildenhall's fixture on the way back. Weather forecasts aren't great and I see that Somerset's match tonight has been called off already due to warthogs on the track. Fingers crossed the Eagles v Kings fixture survives.

Adam Ellis did as well as could be expected at the U21 Final last night, finishing 3rd. Beaten by two riders who ride in the EL - oh, hang on, Adam does too :wink: , though Robert Lambert won't thank him for messing him up in the Final. That JPB is some special talent at 15.

Yes, have to worry for the IoW. Running 'meaningless' fixtures at the start of the season may be all well and good, but an abandoned fixture won't either. Can only hope it gets better for them.

Edited by Multumesc

Lucky news for Danny at least he can be home by 8 tonight ready for an early night to race against the Eagles lol

Meeting off

Damn! Might divert to Hoddesdon now then. Thanks for posting that on here.

Lovely evening for some speedway lol. Wonder if the track has dried up at all and more to the point if they actually packed it down to give it a chance of fending the rain off. Take 3 next week but with mildenhall bearing in mind that ain't looking great yet however it's a week away!

Lovely evening for some speedway lol. Wonder if the track has dried up at all and more to the point if they actually packed it down to give it a chance of fending the rain off. Take 3 next week but with mildenhall bearing in mind that ain't looking great yet however it's a week away!

No surprise it was called off as saw photo of track this morning on the internet and obvious that rain yesterday/overnight/first thing this morning had brought about meeting being postponed

No surprise it was called off as saw photo of track this morning on the internet and obvious that rain yesterday/overnight/first thing this morning had brought about meeting being postponed

The original photo from around 9 looked quite good but they must have practised/ graded it and it rained and just washed it all away. Shame as I was looking forward to this match!

Rye was under water in the morning but they worked like trojans on it and come the evening it produced some brilliant racing poses the question why could not Easty have done the same ....

Rye was under water in the morning but they worked like trojans on it and come the evening it produced some brilliant racing poses the question why could not Easty have done the same ....

i agree I was at rye last night, it would never have happened in Len silver's day!

No idea, but as I couldn't make the re-staging, thank god they didn't know how Trojans worked (how did Trojans work, by the way?)

Better to work like Trojans than working like dogs, probably? from what I know, my dog has never done a days work in his life, then it is a dog's life I suppose.

On the subject of Trojans, maybe ask Troy Batchelor or Watford's Troy Deeney, as they must know how Trojans work.

The original photo from around 9 looked quite good but they must have practised/ graded it and it rained and just washed it all away. Shame as I was looking forward to this match!

Ellis Perks seemed to be going round ok yesterday, with dust coming off the wheels!

Have Eastbourne got many spare dates or could this end up being a double header later in the year?

Edited by teaboy279