British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Coventry Ela. 20/04/16

Game On, on 20 Apr 2016 - 9:29 PM, said:

Not a shock though is it.

You are right , nobody saw that coming did they !! Would have got the expected 30 pts if it wasn't for the double exclusion .. !

Mick Horton, you and your fellow management colleagues are single handily closing this great club down, regardless of the houses lurking. Bloody disgrace !!

• Like 3

I can't Game On, my computer won't let me. Can only do it on my phone.

Ahh ok

Right......

Who's not gonna get thumped at Poole this year......?

Coventry? Yes..

Leicester? Yes..

Swindon? Yes..

Kings Lynn? Yes.

May not get thumped...

Belle Vue? Maybe not.

Wolverhampton? Maybe not.

Lakeside? Maybe not.

They will all get beat.

It's not just Coventry that are gonna get a pasting, it's most other teams!!!!!

• Like 1

Think we all know that with four reserves King bomber and KK gonna have to get 30 pts between them minimum every meeting to even have a chance of scraping a win. Time to act Mr Horton an put your monumental cock up of a team right. Have my doubts that's possible though now.

• Like 1

Right......

Who's not gonna get thumped at Poole this year......?

Coventry? Yes..

Leicester? Yes..

Swindon? Yes..

Kings Lynn? Yes.

May not get thumped...

Belle Vue? Maybe not.

Wolverhampton? Maybe not.

Lakeside? Maybe not.

They will all get beat.

It's not just Coventry that are gonna get a pasting, it's most other teams!!!!!

agree at this stage, but most promoters will need to re-declare for any play off hopes, and hopefully Horton can realise what a balls up hes made, and grab his final chance to give Coventry the team they deserve!

Track tonight is very slick and from the gate. Fast times. Two seconds faster compared to two weeks ago. Poole riders trying lines but no grip and going backwards at the mo.

You are being instantly transferred to the "speedway is boring" thread

• Like 1

Well just got back and I have to say first and foremost that the track was poor. Completely different from 14 days ago when it produced super racing. Tonight saw heatne and KK post the fastest time in four years. Within 5 heats it was cle.ar it had been underwatered and by heat 9 there were billowing clouds of dust making the eyes sting. At the interval the hoses came out but it was a little too little too late. Although having said that some of the best races were after the interval with some good passing from both teams, well Poole and Harris.

Coventry actually started well and took a decent lead. With no grip out wideriders like Buckowski weretrying and failing to go around the outside. But then it all changed, Poole stepped up a gear and left Coventry for dead. Only Harris, and the trying Josh Bates putting up any kind of resistance.

For Poole.

Holder was good but not at his best.

Kurtz was excellent after his first ride when he was left for dead.

Watt minus his beard rode well after his. First ride.

Buckowski was excellent value.

Hans showed experience and was very good.

Newman had a duff first ride then got better. Race of the night in heat 12.

Ellis was perfect. A clean max with some good pasing. Seems to love the Poole track.

For Coventry.

Kk started like a rocket, fell in his next then didn't want to know.

Garrity is a reserve in a top fiveberth but battled.

King. Was he there? Shocking non threat.

Harris was good and battled as expected.

Sarjeant rolled twice and was caught both times. Not an EL standard reserve.

Bates battled for his points all night. Can't fault him for his efforts.

Much easier win than expected. KK was clearly affected by his fall. King failed to show.

Looking forward to the return on Friday.

• Like 1

Mick Horton, you and your fellow management colleagues are single handily closing this great club down, regardless of the houses lurking. Bloody disgrace !!

Thought it was Mr Sandhu who was closing the club down. Without Mick Horton it would probably be closed already

• Like 1

Pity I ain't a royalist as I would take my hat of to Danny tonight. in honour of the birthday of HRH Elizabeth tomorrow, the King appears to have riden like an old Queen tonight (yet again)

agree at this stage, but most promoters will need to re-declare for any play off hopes, and hopefully Horton can realise what a balls up hes made, and grab his final chance to give Coventry the team they deserve!

Where are and who are these super duper replacements going to come from though? Kings Lynn, Coventry, Swindon, Leicester, all looking to strengthen.. Only Poole, Wolverhampton and Lakeside not looking to at the moment.. if KK and CH had got injured tonight, I just do not know where all these upgrades are coming from? Does anyone?

You are right , nobody saw that coming did they !! Would have got the expected 30 pts if it wasn't for the double exclusion .. !

Who knows what would have happened at that point. Coventry would have least got 4-2 probably on 5-1 and gone ahead again. Heat 6 turned the meeting.

Shale Searcher - it won't let me quote your post but if Holder got injured I would think Magic would cover, I think a few of them would depending on the length of time and fixture clashes etc.

Edited by lisa-colette