British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Wolves V Lakeside 18 April 2016

Great win for Wolves. Not many will get anything from Monmore this season - and I include some of the so-called favourites!!!

Did he not say he was only interested in riding for Wolves and not that keen on doing that from what I have read ? ,sadly I think retirement beckons as this will be the first time in 20 odd yrs he has not ridden in this country .

Didn't hear all the interview as I was talking but he apparently said he wouldn't ride for anyone else but said he was over here "doing business". His business IS racing!

Go figure!

Look a really good side do Wolves as soon as they announced the 1-7 i was very impressed with it but even more so now...is Masters the next Aussie to do a Doyle?....mefinks yes

And a rider i really wanted Swindon to sign...amongst a few others...

• Like 2

Always thought Masters was a dark horse waiting to happen.

Think the Oz GP gave us a bit of a clue.

Always said I expected him to be a heat leader this season, and it's looking whoever moves up to heat leader we will have strong second strings too.

Good start to the season by Wolves.

I think the first meetings against Belle Vue being postponed have done them a big favor too, particularly the home one.

It is very likely, with the way the Aces have started the season and their prowess at Monmore that they would have come and turned Wolves over.. that would have immediately put Wolves on a downer and the thoughts of "here we go again" would have been prevalent.

Now however, tails are up, confidence is high and the team believes it can achieve things. It puts them in a much better place to take on the tougher challenges that lie ahead in the form of teams such as Poole and Belle Vue.

• Like 1

Good start to the season by Wolves.

I think the first meetings against Belle Vue being postponed have done them a big favor too, particularly the home one.

It is very likely, with the way the Aces have started the season and their prowess at Monmore that they would have come and turned Wolves over.. that would have immediately put Wolves on a downer and the thoughts of "here we go again" would have been prevalent.

Agreed. They looked ominous fixtures from the off, particularly with so many new riders to bed in at Monmore (I'm not losing sight of the fact that Belle Vue have a new track to get used to, but had all gone to plan their riders would have had the Peter Craven meeting under their belts and presumably some practice too before Wolves rode there).

Wolves had what looked a pretty decent team in 2012, spearheaded by Woffinden and Lindgren, and lost home and away to Poole in the first two matches and four times to them in all, three of them at home, in the first dozen completed fixtures. They never hit their stride and finished one off the bottom.

• Like 1

Really pleased with the performance of Masters last night. I don't expect that every week, so will just take it as a bonus at the moment. Only slight concern so far is Clegg, who appears to be a little out of his depth. He was the one I was worried about when the team was announced. One of the curiosities from last night was that apart from Clegg every rider won a heat. Conversely apart from Masters, everyone had a last place ! Also for Monmore I felt the racing wasn't quite up to normal standard in terms of passing.

• Like 2

Masters has started the season in good form. I would wait to make any comment on Wolves once they have ridden against Poole and Belle Vue Aces at Monmore those two teams are stronger than Hammers who are notoriously poor travellers. But they look pretty solid throughout with Masters, Lindgren, JK, Thorsell, Bech and Howarth at reserve. Certainly wont be winning the wooden spoon this season.

Masters has started the season in good form. I would wait to make any comment on Wolves once they have ridden against Poole and Belle Vue Aces at Monmore those two teams are stronger than Hammers who are notoriously poor travellers. But they look pretty solid throughout with Masters, Lindgren, JK, Thorsell, Bech and Howarth at reserve. Certainly wont be winning the wooden spoon this season.

We will find out soon enough, Poole are next up at Monmore and they should have a definite advantage in the reserve department.

We will find out soon enough, Poole are next up at Monmore and they should have a definite advantage in the reserve department.

Has Kurtz ever ridden Monmore before?? :wink::P