British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Belle Vue Grand Opening Refund?

Nope!

Has anyone received a refund for the aforementioned meeting yet?

Nope!

But will you travel to and attend another meeting there ?

Hi, no I returned proof of purchase liked they stated but haven't heard anything, it appears that Lord Lucan is managing there communications via email and telephone!

• Like 2

What was the attendance at that cancelled opening meeting? Was it 5,000, letys say it was 5,000

I wonder how many admin staff there are at BV, you know a general office where someone opens the mail, answers the phone, has to initially deal with anyone who calls at the stadium, be it someone for a meeting or just a general enquiry. How many staff? I reckon it will be one, that is 1.

so how many ticket refunds do you think that 1 will have to deal with out of the 5,000? 3k, 2k, maybe but lets say 1000.

How many can one (1) person deal with in a day, checking the details of the claim, and processing the claim - 20, 30, lets say 50

BUT, there are telephone interruptions, the post to deal with (more claims included), in person enquiries, someone wants a letter typing, and so on, and this one admin staff may well be the one that sorts the most important job of the day - making the tea!

Give em a chance.

If you sent your claim recorded delivery/special delivery you should have proof of posting and knowledge it has landed at its destination. That's IF you have done that- which would have been very wise to do.

Has anyone received a refund for the aforementioned meeting yet?

I was talking to someone on Sunday who said they had got their refund. A cheque had arrived earlier in the week (I can't remember on which day they said it had arrived), so refunds are being sent out.

Interesting to see in the abandoned cricket match between Worcester and Kent there was not a ball bowled. The outfield was damp although the weather was dry. Travelling Kent supporters are angered by Worcesters refusal to give any ticket refunds. The county said it is a clearly stated policy not to give refunds !!

Who'ed be a cricket supporter although they are probably lower than Speedway for county matches.

There's a notification on the Belle Vue website, dated 11th April, that refunds were starting to be sent out. Somebody has posted on Facebook today that they went to the stadium today and they were given a cheque. They also confirmed what Joe Hatton has guessed in his post above might be the situation, that the admin staff are hard pressed coping with the refunds and their normal duties and that it may take some time to deal with them all.

• Like 1

There are always a % who will try and scam a refund as well, anyone who has run a retail website or even used eBay will be able to confirm that.

The 'clever' scammers have got more and more creative and can be tricky to deal with, the chancers are easy to spot and claiming to have sent an item back when it wasn't even purchased in the first place has been tried many times before and is a bit daft, lol!

The"chancers" are the people who opened the gates to run a meeting on a track that they were told wasn't good enough and keep feeding the fans with more and more bullrubbish. How many times have they dug up bends 3 and 4 now? Is this the 3rd or 4th time now?

There's a notification on the Belle Vue website, dated 11th April, that refunds were starting to be sent out. Somebody has posted on Facebook today that they went to the stadium today and they were given a cheque. They also confirmed what Joe Hatton has guessed in his post above might be the situation, that the admin staff are hard pressed coping with the refunds and their normal duties and that it may take some time to deal with them all.

Surely with several thousand potential refunds they would have made sure they had extra staff to cover it ? For gods sake I had my own business for 20+ years, if I run it like them I wouldn't have lasted 6 months

• Like 1

Surely with several thousand potential refunds they would have made sure they had extra staff to cover it ? For gods sake I had my own business for 20+ years, if I run it like them I wouldn't have lasted 6 months

I work for a financial organisation and If we didn't have enough admin staff then our clients would simply laugh at us.

BV have had a stadium handed to them by the council for free yet they can't employ additional admin stuff?

What was the attendance at that cancelled opening meeting? Was it 5,000, letys say it was 5,000

I wonder how many admin staff there are at BV, you know a general office where someone opens the mail, answers the phone, has to initially deal with anyone who calls at the stadium, be it someone for a meeting or just a general enquiry. How many staff? I reckon it will be one, that is 1.

so how many ticket refunds do you think that 1 will have to deal with out of the 5,000? 3k, 2k, maybe but lets say 1000.

How many can one (1) person deal with in a day, checking the details of the claim, and processing the claim - 20, 30, lets say 50

BUT, there are telephone interruptions, the post to deal with (more claims included), in person enquiries, someone wants a letter typing, and so on, and this one admin staff may well be the one that sorts the most important job of the day - making the tea!

Give em a chance.

If you sent your claim recorded delivery/special delivery you should have proof of posting and knowledge it has landed at its destination. That's IF you have done that- which would have been very wise to do.

Sometimes it would be more helpful to the BV promotion if you did NOT post all.

Rather than post this sort of defensive bilge.

You are making them look even more pathetic than they are managing on their own.

• Like 1

The original unusual suspect chimes up again, lol!

Your recent contributions on this subject have been remarkably obtuse and like most of the loudest gobshytes you weren't even at the opening meeting and yet you've trotted out all sorts of claptrap as though you know what you are talking about.

Even now you can't understand that someone heard there was a problem, the problem was fixed and two riders tested it and were happy, the same problem occurred in a different place. It was repaired but the more important riders weren't happy on the night to everyone's astonishment in the stadium.

Nobody chanced anything.

I can guarantee that you wouldn't have held back in criticising the riders after watching the practice with hardly a wobble during the 60ish completed laps.

Harris would be almost godlike after he came out to defend DG and Mort and you would have described the rest as stropping off and not thinking about the fans and they should have tried a few heats, and that some of the best riders in the world should be able to cope with a little challenge. You would be saying how none of you friend thought the meeting was in doubt and you'd be comparing it to some of the tracks dished up at Cardiff as you bleat because the riders didn't give it a go.

Wouldn't you, again?

Why would you have to be there ..the track was not fit to race on ...Dave Gordon agreed with that

Edited by orion