British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue V Poole 27/4/16 Ela. The Big One.

Funny how 2 Poole fans are morning about the track when it took them how long to repair the massive hole between bends 1 & 2

Repaired in just a few evenings, but its left a bump rather than a hole. :P:D

• Like 1

Are you sure they haven't accidentally buried someone? :)

Are you sure they haven't accidentally buried someone? :)

Is that why we haven't 'seen' Starman for a while?? :rofl:

• Like 1

As an Aces fan just move the British Final back to Wolverhampton and the World Cup to King's Lynn, as at least they have rideable track. These track workers have had 2 go's and failed miserable, if they have only discovery further problems now why didn't they spot them to begin with. Thinking about giving this season a miss at Belle Vue and just watch Buxton and Sheffield.

Might as well move it back to the dog track. Belle Vue should have stopped there rather than waste money on a venue they can't even use.

Edited by mb1990

if you look carefully, the grazing white elephants are visible, at this rate Swindon's fictitious stadium will be built before BV stage a home meeting. :party:

Might as well move it back to the dog track. Belle Vue should have stopped there rather than waste money on a venue they can't even use.

Sadly they didn't waste it. The council clearly did but also want to have to much of a say.

You been away for a few weeks then... :icon_smile_clown:

I think the asylum's tightened up its security.

I think the asylum's tightened up its security.

Clearly like that other person you need to make a visitation to one of our loyal sponsors... :rofl:

It's only a mini set back but root of three main problem fine. Might even see racing on Wednesday. Just not poole on sky

Not Poole on Sky, but there appears to be a pool on the 3rd bend when the water 'up-seeps'. As someone else suggested on another thread, it may be best to hold back on the very supportive posts, until the matter has definitely been rectified. Sometimes they can be misleading and can set you up for a fall / fool. As we saw with your statement that Max Fricke was able to take a RR ride at Swindon last night, not everything you say is, or comes true, Phil.

What do they possibly have in mind?

I think jet-ski racing was suggested before by someone.

They should've hired Stubbs and not O'Reilly's..

Brilliant Terry, just brilliant, Would've 'liked' but have shot my bolt in the last 24 hours - as usual. Cybil would've had this sorted by now, to be sure, to be sure.

Clearly like that other person you need to make a visitation to one of our loyal sponsors... :rofl:

Is that the Royal Our now, along with your usage of the 'Royal Wee'? I'm guessing you meant Trethowans Solicitors?

• Like 1

if you look carefully, the grazing white elephants are visible, at this rate Swindon's fictitious stadium will be built before BV stage a home meeting. :party:

With respect to both clubs and fans just putting things in to perspective. Swindons and Coventrys Problems are something to really worry about.Swindon should have had a new stadium to move into this season but they have still not started to build it yet so at least 12 months behind not a month or so.Coventrys last season at Brandon and no sign of a new stadium being built.Makes Belle vues track problem in a stadium that is already built look small fry when you compare it to other clubs problems.

• Like 1

Absolutely. I sincerely hope Swindon and Cov get sorted, not just for their sakes but that of British Speedway. We can Ill afford to lose two traditional top flight clubs.

Belle Vue will be right soon enough.

I'm desperately disappointed about Sundays meeting, but champing at the bit to see some home action rather than angry.

• Like 1

Not sure how true it is but I just heard that the contractors have been chased for compensation for the first night of speedway being cancelled and they have now walked off site, that’s why the next 2 meetings have been put on hold until this is problem is going to be resolved? Looking at what they do at Cardiff in a week which includes putting in Electrics and a safety fence and a full track in a week I can’t see any reason why relaying one bend is proving to be such a big problem unless they have stuck Oil by mistake. The big question is what’s going on do we know how far anything has gone and how far away they are from getting the track ready.

Edited by mrscambelt

Not sure how true it is but I just head that the contractors have been chased for compensation for the first night of speedway being cancelled and they have now walked off site, that’s why the next 2 meetings have been put on hold until this is problem is going to be resolved? Looking at what they do at Cardiff in a week which includes putting in Electrics and a safety fence and a full track in a week I can’t see any reason why relaying one bend is proving to be such a big problem unless they have stuck Oil by mistake. The big question is what’s going on do we know how far anything has gone and how far away they are from getting the track ready.

One would have thought if the BV management were going after the contractors for compensation, they would wait until everything is rectified before upsetting the boat and causing further delays. You wouldnt walk up to a builde in your house who was putting on a new roof and tell him you are suing him when the roof was off.

One would have thought if the BV management were going after the contractors for compensation, they would wait until everything is rectified before upsetting the boat and causing further delays. You wouldnt walk up to a builde in your house who was putting on a new roof and tell him you are suing him when the roof was off.

IT won't be BV going after the contractors but Manchester City Council who employed them. If, and it is a big if, the contractors have 'downed tools' it would also be incumbent upon the council to hire new ones to finish the job.

It is very frustrating for everyone waiting for this project to finally coming to a satisfactory conclusion, none more so than the BV management and riders.

However, I for one would like (and suggest) that the BV management actually be a little more forthcoming with what the problems on bends 3/4 have been which I'm sure would not jeopardise any future litigation.

• Like 1