British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alex2000

Eagles Vs Fen Tigers (sat 23 7:30+ Sun 24th 3pm?)

Eastbourne are at full strength tomorrow with debuts for Adam Ellis, Ellis Perks and Luke Harris. Mildenhall have Sam Bebee promoted to reserve. Sunday Ryan Blacklock guests for perks (apparently). Im Going for Eastbourne win over 2 legs.

Didn't Perks ride at Coventry for you.

as a guest debut in the actual line up apparently as that is what they are calling it

Edited by Al3x200

Yeah so for average purposes, this is Perks' first meeting.

Alex, Blacklock as a guest is on the Mildenhall website.

Yeah so for average purposes, this is Perks' first meeting.

Alex, Blacklock as a guest is on the Mildenhall website.

thought so but hadn't seen it personally

I think the Fen Tigers are coming on leeps and bounds and are becoming a very strong allround team, very quickly. I feel once they have a stable no.7-they could be a very big threat to the top teams.

With regards to this weekend I believe that it will be close but depending on the reserves, I think Mildenhall could sneek the win!

To repeat myself: Everyone happy down at Eastbourne now, with the inevitable predictability of an easy maximum from your EL short-term guest, Adam Ellis, who could be riding as a HL in the top league next week?

Who gains from this total farce, apart from the rider earning loads of easy £ and the Eagles fans pleasuring themselves that he is an Eagle in name only, for a few weeks. Absolutely ridiculous that this can happen.

To repeat myself: Everyone happy down at Eastbourne now, with the inevitable predictability of an easy maximum from your EL short-term guest, Adam Ellis, who could be riding as a HL in the top league next week?

Who gains from this total farce, apart from the rider earning loads of easy £ and the Eagles fans pleasuring themselves that he is an Eagle in name only, for a few weeks. Absolutely ridiculous that this can happen.

you've been boring … sorry telling everyone how to fix speedway in the uk for a while now. Your constant whining is getting as tiresome as Gavan and the like, if you're not a multi or a troll , do you seriously get off on coming on many threads and being so negative?

you've been boring … sorry telling everyone how to fix speedway in the uk for a while now. Your constant whining is getting as tiresome as Gavan and the like, if you're not a multi or a troll , do you seriously get off on coming on many threads and being so negative?

Boring? Maybe. Troll or Multi? No. Concerned speedway fan? Yes. Disappointed that Adam Ellis has dropped back into the NL, rather than taking a berth in the PL? Yes. Fed up with some Eagles fans laughable opinion that the NL should all be about winning, rather than a Development league? Yes indeedy do. Like Gavan? I don't wear drag costumes or secretly love Starman. Get off on coming? Depends what you mean by that. Is this a forum where any poster is allowed to post opinions? Oh yeah, baby. Negative? Only when it applies.

How's your day been and how many counter shafts has counter shaft counter counted today? Whatever a counter shaft counter is, or does. Enjoy your speedway.

Day's been great thanks, watched Ipswich beat sheffield and stopped off for a pint on the way home . I may go to Mildenhall tomorrow too . Or I suppose I could come on here and whinge like you do constantly.

Keep smiling .

Thanks, I will, as I can see only one person whingeing on here. You, whingeing about me. Pot / Kettle / Mirror / Signal / Manoeuvre.

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Foxhall (I got my prediction of a Tigers win wrong, silly me) and enjoy your possible visit to West Row tomorrow. One of my favourite places when the old track was there, before they put the dog track down. Rode on it a few times too, in the days of Bob, Fred, Trevor, Rob, John, Mick & Neil. Trust that you were not driving if you stopped off for a drink. Might explain your attitude toward me though. Some people just can't handle their drink. I might of gone myself tomorrow, but the Pirates are visiting the EWR later today. They have a great bar at West row, don't they and do super fish & chips.

I see that Adam Ellis recorded a time in Heat 15 which was three seconds faster than that in the previous heat. Not very sporting or fair is it for the riders who truly want to learn and develop in that league by being able to pit their skills fairly against the other riders. Not exactly a level playing field - well, not at Arlington anyway.

Anyway, happy stalking, whingeing and good luck with the alcohol induced aggression. Nice chatting & Enjoy your speedway.

Note to self: Google what a counter shaft counter actually does.

I don't agree.

The National League might be for development but its also a business. That means the product has to attract paying customers and they simply won't come to something that is little more than a training session. In addition, we all know only too well what happens to the attendances of teams that regularly lose at home - with the resultant risk to their existence.

That means you have to have riders above the development stage, although I could make fair argument that of those riding last night only Knight, Halsey and Armstrong would fall into that category and the benefit of having one experienced rider around the youngsters is an obvious one.

Eastbourne lost their number 1 rider, and they can't replace him with a 3.00 junior.

You might question Ellis' motives for riding in a league where he will be almost unbeatable (although I think he has a lot of motives, all with the queens head on) but it seems to me that he is happy, Eastbourne are happy, he is a developing rider who is eligible for the NL and the league has a star who might just pull in a few extra fans wherever he goes. I don't have an issue with that.

Back to the meeting. Closer than I thought on a track that was slippery to start with but settled down. Big congratulations to Sam Bebee on winning his first NL ride :approve:

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

I don't agree.

The National League might be for development but its also a business. That means the product has to attract paying customers and they simply won't come to something that is little more than a training session. In addition, we all know only too well what happens to the attendances of teams that regularly lose at home - with the resultant risk to their existence.

That means you have to have riders above the development stage, although I could make fair argument that of those riding last night only Knight, Halsey and Armstrong would fall into that category and the benefit of having one experienced rider around the youngsters is an obvious one.

Eastbourne lost their number 1 rider, and they can't replace him with a 3.00 junior. What they did was sign a developing rider who is eligible for the NL and fits the bill perfectly.

You might question Ellis' motives for riding in a league where he will be almost unbeatable (although I think he has a lot of motives, all with the queens head on) but it seems to me that he is happy, Eastbourne are happy and the NL has a top rider who might just pull in a few extra fans wherever he goes. I don't have an issue with that.

Once again the money situation is mentioned by people who don't know , Adam neither asked for or was offered any more than last year at Birmingham, ( which was less than some other NL no1's were /are on). Dugard's asked him to help, he's eligible, it's short term and the racing fits in with his fixtures. Why shouldn't he ride ? If you're going to use the "he's far too good" excuse you may as well say let's stop anyone playing football against Lionel Messi. Young riders need track time (whatever their level of development, Adam included ) and someone / something to aspire to. You never stop learning, no track time is wasted.

• Like 2

Ok well let's face it if we didn't have Adam at number 1 our team would be a bit poor, I think by having a 10.14 rider we have levelled out the farce reserves berths at the moment. Tom Brennan looked to be flying compared to them and rode the track much better. Hope Nick gets well soon. I would possibly have argued to strengthen the bottom end and get an 8 point number 1 but we have 3 very good heatleaders all of them on maximums or paid maximums had it not been for one fall and a race to the line after a wide run. Hopefully our top 4 will carry the momentum into today. I'm happy with Harris scoring 4 when he should really be a reserve as number 2 is a tall order for such a short lad.

• Like 1

Once again the money situation is mentioned by people who don't know , Adam neither asked for or was offered any more than last year at Birmingham, ( which was less than some other NL no1's were /are on). Dugard's asked him to help, he's eligible, it's short term and the racing fits in with his fixtures. Why shouldn't he ride ? If you're going to use the "he's far too good" excuse you may as well say let's stop anyone playing football against Lionel Messi. Young riders need track time (whatever their level of development, Adam included ) and someone / something to aspire to. You never stop learning, no track time is wasted.

Its not a question of money, but of motivation.

I have no problem with Ellis riding in the NL, but I have to ask why a rider of his ability would choose to ride in a league that is clearly far below his standard (I doubt very much that he will learn a lot turning out for Eastbourne) when my understanding is that he has turned down a PL place.

I can find one reason : what he can earn.

• Like 1