British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alex2000

Eagles Vs Fen Tigers (sat 23 7:30+ Sun 24th 3pm?)

i think we have strengthened with strudwick ( never would say that last season)

i think we have strengthened with strudwick ( never would say that last season)

Hey pal, if you are going to have a dig, don't do it like a coward, thinking I'm not registered on the Updates site, and presuming you have got away with an insult behind my back. And at least have the courtesy to get the name right if you are going to have a dig, and not spell it wrong like you did.

(No doubt you will be familiar with the words to the popular children's nursery rhyme:' Every night when I get home. The monkey's on the table. Take a stick and knock it off. Pop goes the weasel.')

The fact that Adam Ellis dropped a point in the first heat today at Mildenhall does not change one iota my previously stated opinion. It was 'Ben91' who suggested that a rider 'too good for the NL' was one who had a MA of 12.00, not me. What is Adam's MA over two KOC matches? 11.60.

The only way it seems that you would strengthen, Al3x200, would be for you to grow a pair. I look forward even more now to my first trip to Arlington this season. You will not be too difficult to spot. You will be the one with the bright yellow stripe down your back, getting aroused watching arider half a lap in front of the other three.

Comments taken from Updates: 'FTG'. 'FTG miles clear'. 'Ellis won with ease'. 'FTG, Ellis miles clear'. 'FTG, easy for the Eagles'. 'Max tonight by Ellis and I have a feeling I'll be saying that again'. Is that the type of speedway heat that is going to advance Adam Ellis' speedway education? Is that the type of speedway heat that's going to have the punters queueing up at the turnstiles? He would have earned some pocket money though, like shooting fish in a barrel.

Enjoy your speedway............................................................ Door opening implement, in silks, riding a horse.

Edited by Multumesc

that's it let it all out, you feel better for that? Lol you won't be to hard to spot either the one pacing up and down with a cold sweat aggravated by every comment and thinking of an essay to counter attack with. And as you say enjoy your speedway and guess what EL riders at the price of NL.... Bargain!

Edited by Al3x200

Thanks for the rant appreciate it

Pleasure. You set em up and I can assure you that I will knock em down.

You are like something unpleasant I stepped in, and to think that I bothered to commend you on a post. What do they say, if you give a troop of monkeys some keyboards to play with, eventually they'll come up with something worth reading. Keep on hitting those keys, naive, yellow belly. Haha, even Adam Ellis' dad called you naive.

Bored now exchanging posts with a cowardly weasel.

Haha, even Adam Ellis' dad called you naive.

Did I ?

Yep, in the EL Riders in the NL Thread, Mr Ellis. See copies of relevant posts below:

So you have changed your mind because your club has signed Adam Ellis. Really!?

And you can't really be suggesting that Adam is struggling in the EL this season? Now you are showing up your speedway naivety. Adam should have taken one of the PL berths he was offered this season.

I didn't say I didn't want him in the league just that they are top riders not really getting any challenge. I haven't changed my mind about that although I support him as he is in my team. He should have taken a PL team especially with how well BWD is doing this season he would have done Just as well if not better. He isn't struggling at the moment as such but who's to say he won't have a form dip as the season goes on? I think the ££££ has something to do with where he goes.... maybe you can call me naive but I'm not the bspa

why does everyone keep going on about £££££££'s, he wasn't offered or asked for any more than last year, ( which was equal to other NL No1's) you are naive !

Once again the money situation is mentioned by people who don't know , Adam neither asked for or was offered any more than last year at Birmingham, ( which was less than some other NL no1's were /are on). Dugard's asked him to help, he's eligible, it's short term and the racing fits in with his fixtures. Why shouldn't he ride ? If you're going to use the "he's far too good" excuse you may as well say let's stop anyone playing football against Lionel Messi. Young riders need track time (whatever their level of development, Adam included ) and someone / something to aspire to. You never stop learning, no track time is wasted.

If its not about money, what is it that motivates a rider to compete in a league that is, by everyone's opinion, way below his ability ?

Track time ? Against the likes of Sam Bebee, Jack Thomas and Tyler Govier ? You must be having a laugh.

If we talking Lionel Messi, this is somewhere near him signing for Preston North End. Doubt very much if he would do that because I suspect he wants to play at the highest level possible. If they paid him double his present contract he might, though.

According to James Easter, Ellis has been offered contracts by 3 PL clubs and refused them all.

What is more likely to help him 'aspire to something', riding against the above or competing with Lambert, Stead and King ?

As I said, its his choice and, frankly, I don't have a problem with him riding in the NL. If he does want to get on, though, I simply don't understand why he is doing so.

The only thing I will add to that is, does a rider half a lap ahead of everyone produce a product to attract a paying public?

That's a genuine question by the way.

To be fair, it doesn't although let me assure you he wasn't that far ahead yesterday - especially when Danny Halsey beat him.

I think the attraction is whether someone will beat him which, as was shown yesterday, can happen.

Will he definitely beat your heat leader trio ? I am not so sure that he will.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Both Shanes and Ayres (as well as Baseby and Morley) all beat him at CP last year, so fair shout.

Adam Ellis the debate continues ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Went to West Row yesterday and i have to say just to watch Adam, personally i think he is top draw and box office and i think no matter what happens he is racing for Eastbourne, the rule allowed it Adam said yes so thats the end of the story for me.

Looking at it from another side of the coin have a look at Ellis Perks he was racing away for Plymouth and only scored 2 points so the night before where won all the races where he finished would have done he head in with the ups and downs of speedway, no looking at Adam he is playing it the right way he will have a good run at Eastbourne where his confedence is high and will carry that onto Poole and Eastbourne will get that in return so its a win win situation for all the clubs involved.

The problem is that Adam was asked to do PL and turned it down because of the problems he encountered with Ipswich ?

Have to say if Eastbourne could find another reserve then i think they will be high out the water but i think waiting for Tom Brennan will be a little bit too late in July.

Adam Ellis the debate continues ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Clearly Mr.Easter still has the hump after the man he denied to race in the NL helped turn his team over Lol

James Easter he is the sponsor of the NL i think he would be over the moon that someone as good at Adam Ellis is racing in the league that he is good enough to sponsor, Its a big selling point for him as i am sure he must do a tour of the U21 a selling point for Mr Easter, Hope he is not trying to throw away the U21 UK team because of how good adam is? i am sure Mr Easter was at West Row at the weekend and i can only assume that it would be to see Adam Race :rofl:

As good as Adam is he is also there to be beaten and it will give riders who get one over on him (like Halsey yesterday) a nice confidence boost.

Anyway big well done to Mildenhall on running Eastbourne close over the two legs and getting the home win. Form like that will see them have a decent season. I suspect that Luke Ruddick might be slightly nervous about getting his place back?

For Eastbourne Knight seems to be really getting dialed in now and could be the season he delivers upon his potential. Reserves still seem to be the thorn in the side though. Powell is proving that his lack of Speedway experience is costly, Phillips in the wars again and now openly advertising for anyone who wants to do the away trip to Buxton............i mean seriously who would volunteer to go to Buxton! :D

Philips wont be there due to his concussion, Strudwick is not good enough charley powell is not really getting it on at the moment he is not a george wood, George has now started to find a little bit of form.

I think if Perks was in the side then maybe the score would have been different. But i guess looking at it from the promotion side a win is a win and the cost of the win in afforadble unlike the score at Rye House for Birmingham.

i am starting to feel the love for the NL but thats since Adam has Joined but i do find it hard to get my head around Adam Ellis and Ellis perks to names you may not come across but 2 names in the same team.

• Like 1