British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Vs Workington League Cup 24.04.16 6.30pm

Well less than 24 hours until tapes up & I don't see this covered anywhere so here goes.

Can the Diamonds pick up another home win and at the same time gain revenge over the Comets for the defeat last week at their place!!

I hope so!!

I assume teams will line up as follows.

Newcastle

1. Robert Lambert

2. R/R for Tero Aarnio

3. Matej Kus

4 .Ludvig Lindgren

5 .Steve Worrall

6. Lewis Rose

7. Danny Phillips

Workington

1. Ricky Wells

2. Rasmus Jensen

3, Kenneth Hansen

4. Mason Campton

5. Claus Vissing

6.Adam Roynon

7. Matt Williamson

In what should be a close meeting, Newcastle need to win by 9 points to secure the aggregate win. If Workington's heat leaders are on song it will be tight.

Newcastle will be using r/r again for Arnio, and need decent points from it. Lewis Rose is my key man.

I'm sure I speak for all Newcastle supporters in wishing Kenni Larsen a full recovery from this terrible incident.

• Like 3

Newcastle

1. Robert Lambert

2. R/R for Tero Aarnio

3. Matej Kus

4 .Ludvig Lindgren

5 .Steve Worrall

6. Lewis Rose

7. Danny Phillips

Workington

1. Ricky Wells

2. Rasmus Jensen

3, Kenneth Hansen

4. Mason Campton

5. Claus Vissing

6.Adam Roynon

7. Matt Williamson

In what should be a close meeting, Newcastle need to win by 9 points to secure the aggregate win. If Workington's heat leaders are on song it will be tight.

Newcastle will be using r/r again for Arnio, and need decent points from it. Lewis Rose is my key man.

I'm sure I speak for all Newcastle supporters in wishing Kenni Larsen a full recovery from this terrible incident.

Totally agree with your sentiments JoD. I heard today that following the first operation, Kenni has had another operation to relieve pressure on the brain. The gun was in fact an air pistol. Pray for Kenni.

• Like 2

Newcastle

1. Robert Lambert

2. R/R for Tero Aarnio

3. Matej Kus

4 .Ludvig Lindgren

5 .Steve Worrall

6. Lewis Rose

7. Danny Phillips

Workington

1. Ricky Wells

2. Rasmus Jensen

3, Kenneth Hansen

4. Mason Campton

5. Claus Vissing

6.Adam Roynon

7. Matt Williamson

It's a League Cup Group match. No aggregates.

Newcastle

1. Robert Lambert

2. R/R for Tero Aarnio

3. Matej Kus

4 .Ludvig Lindgren

5 .Steve Worrall

6. Lewis Rose

7. Danny Phillips

Workington

1. Ricky Wells

2. Rasmus Jensen

3, Kenneth Hansen

4. Mason Campton

5. Claus Vissing

6.Adam Roynon

7. Matt Williamson

Just seen the press release on Kenni and I completely agree gutted for him as he was such a good ambassador for Newcastle Speedway alone & I wish him all the best & hope justice is served correctly.

Hang in there Kenni!

• Like 2

Notice that Lewis Rose was missing from the King's Lynn side last not due to 'not feeling 100%'. Any idea if he will be riding tonight?

first of all , best wishes to kenni larson . hope he make a full recovery ...

i cant see workington repeating their effort of a few weeks ago. i think the diamonds are in a groove of confidence and will win, not by much.

a point will do us.anything else will be a bonus ... following it on the updates site . stay safe everyone

again best wishes to kenni .

Notice that Lewis Rose was missing from the King's Lynn side last not due to 'not feeling 100%'. Any idea if he will be riding tonight?

certainly hope so, or r/r will be looking grim,,,

best wishes to Kenni,,,

Newcastle Diamonds Facebook page lists the teams and Lewis is listed at number six.

Edited by Steve Park

Another strong performance from the Diamonds. Started well and although Workington kept it reasonably close up to heat 12, the Diamonds always looked strong in the last 3 heats as it proved.

So by my reckoning the Diamonds and Comets both stand at +11 in race points. Both will expect to win at Redcar but with Redcar still to visit Brough, the Diamonds look in pole position to qualify. Job needs to be done on Thursday though but with no EL matches we should be at full strength - minus Tero. Real shame about Tero, hopefully he'll be back sooner rather than later but if it's going to be a while then a replacement would be better than r/r. Easier said than done of course.

Like others have said, praying for some better news on Kenni.

Decent meeting tonight if not quite at the level of Roy's hyperbole...I'll not forget Christian as long as we have Matej who if anything is even less of a passer than the Boomerang was(n't)

Does "scouring Europe" mean An-ton Ro-Sen? I think it maybe time to look elsewhere. Anyone got an inside track on this?

Decent meeting tonight if not quite at the level of Roy's hyperbole...I'll not forget Christian as long as we have Matej who if anything is even less of a passer than the Boomerang was(n't)

Does "scouring Europe" mean An-ton Ro-Sen? I think it maybe time to look elsewhere. Anyone got an inside track on this?

Kus is not a passer and never has been on this track but he's doing his job at Brough - probably better than most expected and he's winning heat 12 when he needs to. He was signed primarily to improve us on the road which needed doing. As long as he's available often enough then it looks a clever signing to me.

• Like 1

Another strong performance from the Diamonds. Started well and although Workington kept it reasonably close up to heat 12, the Diamonds always looked strong in the last 3 heats as it proved.

So by my reckoning the Diamonds and Comets both stand at +11 in race points. Both will expect to win at Redcar but with Redcar still to visit Brough, the Diamonds look in pole position to qualify. Job needs to be done on Thursday though but with no EL matches we should be at full strength - minus Tero. Real shame about Tero, hopefully he'll be back sooner rather than later but if it's going to be a while then a replacement would be better than r/r. Easier said than done of course.

Like others have said, praying for some better news on Kenni.

And its been a couple of years since anyone could say that. Got quite sick of seeing opposition heat leaders 'doing' us at the end of a meeting after they had our track properly 'dialled in'

And of course 'ditto' to your view on Kenni too.

had newcastle down for a home win as it proved ,to be . looks like we are back in the 38 club again . hope it ws a good meeting for the fans and looks like everyone went home unscathed .

Good entertainment and more one-sided than I expected. You almost want Robert {Bob?} Lambert to miss the start, just to see one of his passing moves.

• Like 1