British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Vs Workington League Cup 24.04.16 6.30pm

Absolutely typical for the Newcastle forum. We win, and we win well, and this forum is dead with few posts. Had we lost however, the trolls would have been weaving their evil magic for all their sad worth. This was a good performance from a weakened team, and with some George 'magic' maybe we can fulfil the 'promise' if Tero can be effectively replaced. Rosen would seemingly be the 'safe bet' but perchance has Mr Kus flagged as an yet unknown Czechmate to add to our fold.

• Like 1

Newcastle looked to have found a bit of form, or were we tat ?

Newcastle looked to have found a bit of form, or were we tat ?

Bit of both I think. Hansen was not as good as last time and I thought Wells seems a bit flat or down on power. Roynon started off shockingly bad and was miles off the pace but got a couple of good valuable second places at key points in the match to keep it interesting. Another good meeting between the sides. :t:

For the Diamonds, Steve was outstanding looking super fast out of the gate last night and Lambert gets better each weak, hand Wells not clamped him on the curb in one race I think he would have gone through the card unbeaten. Another good performance by Rose and the person who keeps surprising me, especially at home is Kus. I was expecting scores of 5 max most weeks and his riding and scoring above and beyond that, good to see. It will be interesting to see who Tero's replacement is for Sunday.

Hopefully they will have sorted the PA system out as well be Sunday!!

Bit of both I think. Hansen was not as good as last time and I thought Wells seems a bit flat or down on power. Roynon started off shockingly bad and was miles off the pace but got a couple of good valuable second places at key points in the match to keep it interesting. Another good meeting between the sides. :t:

For the Diamonds, Steve was outstanding looking super fast out of the gate last night and Lambert gets better each weak, hand Wells not clamped him on the curb in one race I think he would have gone through the card unbeaten. Another good performance by Rose and the person who keeps surprising me, especially at home is Kus. I was expecting scores of 5 max most weeks and his riding and scoring above and beyond that, good to see. It will be interesting to see who Tero's replacement is for Sunday.

Hopefully they will have sorted the PA system out as well be Sunday!!

Agree about the meeting, super racing and result. Has anybody seen better passing than Ludde blasting around the boards and squeezing through on the straight. The guy is magic. Williamson continues to amaze me as to how he gates well every race, but is at the back after the first lap. Unneedlessly he pushed Danny off in heat 4 and onto the grass before the first bend, which was totally missed by the ref. Robert did a similar move in race 15 when he clamped Wells superbly to go on o the 5-1 with Steve to celebrate a very satisfying meeting. Lets hope there is a new signing next week as if say Rose on injured or not on par we could be vunerable.

A bit disappointed with the heckling from the crowd when the PA system was acting up. These things happen from time to time, especially when using the vintage stuff that the stadium has installed. A little bit of sympathy rather than the innate shouting was more appropriate I think. Everything was being done that could be done, and eventually somehow the system was repaired. A new mixing board was purchased last night, so it should be installed ready for next weeks meeting. As Take That would say "have a little Patience".

• Like 1

A hope there not gonna start playing Take That records, that'll be worserer than the usual stuff Dave :(

Commanding performance last night, nice to see the lads finishing the meeting off in hts 13, 14 & 15, where, at home we do look strong :)

psss,,, do you know out about a new signing Dave ??? ;)

A hope there not gonna start playing Take That records, that'll be worserer than the usual stuff Dave :(

Commanding performance last night, nice to see the lads finishing the meeting off in hts 13, 14 & 15, where, at home we do look strong :)

I've heard he is Polish and goes by the name A N Otherski!! but keep it under your hat. :P

I've heard he is Polish and goes by the name A N Otherski!! but keep it under your hat. :P

Does that mean he'll be on a 5.00 ave, being from Europe like ???

An enjoyable meeting although it has to be said the comets looking down on power.

Steve is pushing young Robert for the number 1 jacket. A bit of rivalry I think is a good thing for the lads. Steve is a better gater with Robert better at overtaking just!

Matej and Ludde are hard to forecast. 5-1, 4-2 and 3-3 but never a heat reverse that will do nicely for me. Either rider can step it up and win us a match

Lewis Rose has started very well. I am a fan of Lewis so go on mate pick up them points you can definitely do it.

Danny Phillips looks a great prospect. I am happy we signed him. He has had two or three great races I have witnessed. Good luck Monkey

Newcastle look very strong towards the end of meetings. Was a little worried at only 9 up with 5 heats to go as Wells could easily win his remaining 3 rides at Brough but our heat leaders are very much doing their jobs at home.

phew , hot on here . need some air conditioning .

phew , hot on here . need some air conditioning .

As already stated elsewhere, his average is too high.

Does that mean he'll be on a 5.00 ave, being from Europe like ???

Christ knows

As already stated elsewhere, his average is too high.

I assume he is suggesting a rider and I don't get the reference? :P

I assume he is suggesting a rider and I don't get the reference? :P

Andre Compton

argh , what are you doing , ya let the cat ooot the bag ...

• Like 1

argh , what are you doing , ya let the cat ooot the bag ...

As far as I see it, there is no cat or bag, in this instance.