British Speedway Forum
remembertheracers

Alarmingly Low Crowds

Unreal isn't it...glad you said it. It's surprising how many on here get joy from analysing other peoples posts, nit pick, be pedantic, and just want to keep telling others they are wrong all the time.

Yeah! You tell em Gresh! nothing worse than posts from people analysing others and commenting on how others act and behave on a forum and can't just keep their thoughts to themselves but have to make comment….ow em.... actually wait a second your post is just like that.... :oops:

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

Yeah! You tell em Gresh! nothing worse than posts from people analysing others and commenting on how others act and behave on a forum and can't just keep their thoughts to themselves but have to make comment….ow em.... actually wait a second your post is just like that.... :oops:

It's washed over his head... he's actually 'liked' your post!

I don't care who the photo is of, neither do I care which year it happend. The point still remains, said point which, in your last line, you agree with.

What a total waste of time this discussion has been.

Utter waste of time is right. You had a go at another poster for getting facts wrOng, yet still haven't acknowledged that it was your facts that were wrong. It's OK, apology accepted.
  • Like 2

Matt Ford, Bournemouth Echo, May 27 - “I take everything into consideration and realise crowds are often lower when events are televised, but Monday was our second-lowest attendance in 17 years,” he said.

Went to Swindon v King's Lynn on May 18, a nice night, not even cold at Blunsdon!

Doubt if the crowd topped 1,000.

With its silly rules, irregular meeting dates and riders racing for 3 clubs should we be surprised?

• Like 3

Great crowd at Coventry tonight which was good to see esp when England were on telly and the MTV crashers was at the Ricoh which could have affected it. That was with people knowing we had 2 riders missing & were using a NL rider in top 5 as well.

Sad to think we might not have a Stadium to go to next year

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

I love the sport the fans and those who put in a lot of hard work for little reward and everyone has to pull together to turn the Speedway around. I'm not sure having large multi media broadcasters on board is helping particularly in respect of attendances and atmosphere Speedway is a 'Live Spectator Sport. I am canvassing opioins and ideas under the 'Stadium Racing' post to formulate proposals that would bring in the punters. Realisticly you can't fault the quality of racing, riders, or promoters. I like the idea of local riders and a variety of bikes that may bring in a 'new' speedway supporter and critically an admission charge that is affordable for families; £42 for my wife and I at Wolverhampton is unreal. Something has to give and the astronomical cost of the riders and equipment must be on the agenda. Most people want to go to a meeting at a weekend unfortunately that is being dictated by continental and GP commitments. Tuning it round will not be easy but fundamentally we are all passionate about the sport and though posts may get heated but we all need a common purpose.

• Like 3

It is ,income v expenditure is what it is all about .

simple answer and probably most obvious!

Great crowd at Coventry tonight which was good to see esp when England were on telly and the MTV crashers was at the Ricoh which could have affected it.

Well it was only a meaningless friendly. And who the hell are MTV Crashers. I was flicking through the channels late last night, and i came across the Sex Pistols at Croydon halls in 07, very lively, many different types of people there from 50 somethings to girls in the early 20's, and yet they knew every word to every song. Bouncers were dragging people out the crowd left right and centre. Sardines didn't come close.

Edited by Starman2006

Well it was only a meaningless friendly. And who the hell are MTV Crashers. I was flicking through the channels late last night, and i came across the Sex Pistols at Croydon halls in 07, very lively, many different types of people there from 50 somethings to girls in the early 20's, and yet they knew every word to every song. Bouncers were dragging people out the crowd left right and centre. Sardines didn't come close.

How was it a meaningless friendly? Belle Vue would have been looking to get to top 4 and Coventry fans realise the importance of all our meetings now that we are close to losing our stadium.

If it was just a "meaningless friendly" as you put it, then that would be even more impressive that there was such a large crowd.

I take it Poole V Belle Vue was meaningless on Monday as well then. On a serious note though, it is worrying when your attendances at Poole are so low when you have been doing well.

MTV crashers is a music concert at the Ricoh with some big music acts at it.

Edited by mdmc82

How was it a meaningless friendly? Belle Vue would have been looking to get to top 4 and Coventry fans realise the importance of all our meetings now that we are close to losing our stadium.

If it was just a "meaningless friendly" as you put it, then that would be even more impressive that there was such a large crowd.

I take it Poole V Belle Vue was meaningless on Monday as well then. On a serious note though, it is worrying when your attendances at Poole are so low when you have been doing well.

And what would you call big acts in this day and age. A bunch of mimers.. And just to let you know that was our worst crowd for quite some time. Being on Sky just doesn't appeal to anybody, and many can watch it at home or in the pub/club, and i defy you to tell me a club thats gets above there normal attendance when sky are in town outside the play off's. For you that would have been a huge crowd, for us it was small. ;)

Edited by Starman2006

And what would you call big acts in this day and age. A bunch of mimers.. And just to let you know that was our worst crowd for quite some time. Being on Sky just doesn't appeal to anybody, and many can watch it at home or in the pub/club, and i defy you to tell me a club thats gets above there normal attendance when sky are in town outside the play off's. For you that would have been a huge crowd, for use it was small. ;)

😴😴😴😴😴😴

Unless these big music acts were Florrie Forde, Vera Lynn or Glenn Miller I doubt it would have affected the attendance at the speedway.

FROM all accounts there were some decent crowds at speedway meetings over the Bank holiday weekend.

But how ridiculous, for example, that after tomorrow Poole don't have a fixture until June 29th.

• Like 3

FROM all accounts there were some decent crowds at speedway meetings over the Bank holiday weekend.

But how ridiculous, for example, that after tomorrow Poole don't have a fixture until June 29th.

One reason (amongst many) why I stopped going to speedway...the lack of continuity. To have a gap like that in June is just plain nonsense. Without knowing the facts I guess it's due to rider unavailability?

One reason (amongst many) why I stopped going to speedway...the lack of continuity. To have a gap like that in June is just plain nonsense. Without knowing the facts I guess it's due to rider unavailability?

I actually gave up reading this comment half way through.

• Like 1